1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-2016= Punt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 16, 2015.

1. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

$500k less. Big whoop at those salaries.

Why would you say he will get less playing time?

"Less further"? I suppose, but if I were looking at the Rockets and the Clippers right now as potential destinations, I'd think my chances of going further this year are better with the Clippers than here.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A punt is a small boat. Somehow, I think the Rockets will manage to float. Whether they can all fit in it is something else entirely.

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

chill. what's wrong with upping TJ's value ? Josh never promised us a rose garden. I want a sm/pf who wants H town,Beard & Howard as running mates.
    Anything this year is gravy realistically. San Antonio. nuff said. Roll the bones.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I feel like I laughed at this more than I should have.

5. Airdough

Airdough Member

Regardless of Smith staying or going, this Rockets season will be defined by health. If they finally can combine the depth they have with health, they can and will make the leap. Over the last two years, they haven't been able to sustain a healthy core.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll get out of my own punt on Isla (need a refill anyway) and point out that Josh was an unexpected gift. Mana from Heaven. Like when my significant other moved into the place in front of my garage apartment in 1974. We had no reasonable expectation of Detroit tossing Josh aside while owning him millions, much less having him sign with us, much less having him be such a nice fit on the Rockets, despite his quirks and such. Like I said, he was a gift. He helped us get to the WC Finals. So he chose to leave for less money to go to the team we beat to advance to those Western Conference Finals. Yes, it's a surprise. Yes, there is no logic to it. So what? We accept it and move on. I have a strong feeling that he will look upon this move as a mistake, in time. We can only look upon it as Fate. Fate that we got him when we needed him badly, and fate that he made his inexplicable decision and moved on.

Wyrd bið ful aræd.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't think Josh was going to get us to the promise land. Sure he was a piece of last years success. But, he was SO up and down. Yea, we don't win game 6 without him. But without his horrid free throw shooting maybe we don't have to rely on New Orleans beating San Antonio in their last game for us to secure the 2nd seed.

My BIGGEST concern is how this will affect Dwight's mentality. Dwight is a big kid and his pal just left. Will Dwight pro up and do his job or half ass it?

8. Chamillionaire

I'm very comfortable with DMo taking up as many minutes at the 4. I agree fully except for Nick Johnson. Can't hit em all. Morey did great with Portions, but he should have drafted Clarkson instead of Nick.

9. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Hey Deckard get out of here before these fools tear you apart. Stay humble and dont go around the internet boards no more.. Just to tell you...

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What a knee jerk thread. Just calm down. It's not like harden left

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yet

:p

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

young people.....and their ideas!

13. SemisolidSnake

Anyone who's watched Jones knows he has a talent ceiling that he's already reached, and playing him more is just going to make us lose more games. It's such a silly notion that playing him more will make all that video of his soft play from previous years just evaporate into thin air.

14. dmoneybangbang

Can confirm Josh Smith to Clippers, as reported by Real GM & others. Told he was swayed by "defined role" offered by LAC/Rivers.

— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 16, 2015

^^ He'll be playing the SF again along with a PF with the bench.

15. dmoneybangbang

Nah son. Clearly Morey thinks Jones is at the least a competent PF off the bench.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's not Morey's fault that Josh Smith wanted to take less money to play for a "winning" team. Josh Smith doesn't think HOU can win the chip so he went to the Clips.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the good news is that if we miss out on durant next summer, there's always westbrook in 2017. plus we own all our 1st round picks, so we still have a chance of winning the lottery. #Pursuit

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Why in the world would Durant want to come to the Rockets? Losing Josh just showed that Les is not the big spender that he is trying to make himself out to be. We just just proved to him that we are no different than the owner of OKC who let Harden go because he was not willing to pay. Durant will realize that Les will do anything possible to get him but it will leave glaring holes all over the line up just like it did when we did the Barkley trade. Les Alexander needs to just croak now and let someone else buy the franchise.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You do realize he took LESS money, right?