1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-2016= Punt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We are so desperate to get Kevin Durant that we will just trash this year?

I guarantee we gave away Josh Smith because Jones needs minutes to up his trade value. Josh Smith was important and worth the MLE.

Anyone notice we don't even have the shiny trade asset (IE last year we had the NOP pick) to deal this offseason or even before Feb?

This has to hit both Harden and Howard in a bad way. LAC is super deep and restored as well. This just sucks.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

They were also worried about depth at the start of the season last year, but moves were made in December and at the deadline, not July.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

That doesn't actually make me feel that great. We lucked into Brewer and Smith. WE just have away smith to our rival on a minimum contract.

As well, we don't have any shiny trade asset like last season. No big MLE target left either.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nope. You can't punt it, and that's obvious. We have lost serious ground, though. That is undeniable.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Time for mass seppuku.

1 person likes this.
  6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Wondering if this disaster of an offseason sways either/or both Dwight & Harden's long term commitment to the franchise.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I just don't understand what we are doing with the MLE? Could have probably gotten Llull with a full or close to full MLE offer. Could have had Smith if we wanted..... Gave them up for what? To play TJones to raise his trade value?

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

People might not want to accept it but Howard is gone after this year. GONE.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Trust the process.

10. newAge_Rockets

Feels like it. I don't know what Daryl is doing this offseason. He knows we need a second playmaker, he saw through stats and the eye test how important Smoove was to the team, and he just let a valuable asset walk away to your rival for a minimum contract. Absolute joke of an offseason by Daryl.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Please don't give up the season before it even starts. Morey the Magician still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think the rockets are stupid enough to throw away prime yrs of their two stars for a pipedream. I hope not at least.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is a good chance 2016 NBA season may be under a lock out...

15. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Guys, the Rockets were winning games before the deadline with Canaan, Black, Terry and K-Pap starting or playing big minutes. The idea that losing out on Smoove in July means 2015-16 is lost is ludicrous.

Let's not forget about last year's "offseason winners" (Dallas, for example) and how they fared.

16. spark06

spark06 Member

The MORAY eel still has some shocking to do!

Go Moray! Hahahaha.

17. Pete the Cheat

I don't understand the Chicken Little mentality...

Josh Smith is our only major loss from last season, and for all his positives he was a liability at the FT when the game matters most..

are we a contender if this roster stays healthy? Yes. You are trading DMo and Bev for Smith and Terry.

this is the same knee jerk reaction as last off season when we had addition by subtraction. our biggest improvement next season will come from internal development (DMo, Capela, Johnson) or trade (Legit PG).

18. thiefery

thiefery Member

Stop bringing logic in here..the sky is falling.. I'm hearing James with the help of Khloe ,will force a trade to the Lakers. Dwight will leave to the knicks next year!

19. NotChandlerParsons

Yeah how the hell are we going to replace Josh Smith, I mean other than by playing our PF/C who was out for the season :rolleyes:

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Josh Smith took less to join the freaking Clippers...this one is on Morey.