1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Cell Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 21, 2012.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

heres whats happening: theres a show on at 8 (HIMYM) i go to create an event at 8 in the calendar. add all the details, set the time from 8-8:30, then for the reminder i have tried numerous things, 24 hrs, 8 hrs, etc. still nothing shows.

i'd prefer not to set it at the default 10 minutes, because i want to be able to see the events at least each day when i look at my phone.

like if i had a meeting or party or something, i wouldnt want just a reminder 10 minutes before. i'd like to see that in my notifications pull down screen days ahead of time.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It might be in that time window where you won't get a notification (more than 3 hours and less than 12 hours). If you had set this up yesterday and given it a 12 hour reminder (or 24hr...whatever you'd like), you might have gotten the notification when that time came (and it would stay in your notification area until you dismissed it).

Can you setup an event that is ~31 minutes from now, set a reminder for 30 minutes, then see what happens when a minute or so passes?

3. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

hmm didnt think of that...i'll give it a try..report back

4. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

that worked! nice. thanks RC!

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Could somebody answer a quick question for me about replacing cell phones? I currently have an iPhone 3g, with a cracked case and it is extremely slow. Unfortunately, I have a long time before my upgrade date (with ATT), and the phones without the upgrade reduction are crazily expensive.

So I am wondering if I could buy a used phone or something like that on ebay or from a friend and just bring it to the ATT store for them to set up or just stick my sim-card in with no fee? Thanks.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Eligible for an upgrade now actually so am thinking between buying an iPhone 4 for $1 or an iPhone 4s for $100. The main thing I am worried about is the iPhone 4 being slow and annoying to use, and if so do you think it is worth shelling out the extra cash? Because my old 3g got damn near unbearable (would take minutes to unlock my phone, extreme lag tipping and and swiping screens)

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

The 4 will probably seem okay compared to your current phone but you'll be missing a lot of features that the 4S will add.

Siri and maps and turn by turn being 2 of the ones off the top of my head. Although google maps will offer the same features as apple maps but not sure if it can do turn by turn on the 4.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can anyone tell me if you would able to use the wireless orb charger and Bluetooth speaker at the same time? I want to buy the charger but I would like to play music while it charges.

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

anyone know of a cheap TPU case for the nexus 4 something for like 5 bucks?

11. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

if you're not prone to dropping your phones and are just protecting it from scuffs, i recommend this non-tpu...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4IF5XY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

i've kept it on longer than the official bumper because it's super thin and i dig the color (brown is different, but it works for some reason). rubber, seidio-ish coating that let's you set it down without worrying about scratching it up.

again... it's not a case for the clumsy. just for the occasional scuffers.

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

wasn't sure where to post this question, figured this might be best spot:

anyone know of a decent slimport HDMI adapter for my nexus 4? i usually go monoprice for all cables/cords since they're stuff is decent and cheap..but it doesn't looks like they have slimport to HDMI adapters..they have MHL adapters but from what i read nexus 4 uses slimport