1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

18% of NJ conservatives: Obama is Anti-Christ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

As an interesting aside, Nostradamus would disagree with you.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This issue probably deserves it's own thread, but there is a difference in using r****d as a pejorative. People use the term all the time. I've used the term. It does not make it okay.

You might be aware that there are special needs, or mentally challenged individuals who suffer from mental r****dation that find the term demeaning when used in the manner you are describing.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So 50% of Republicans are idiots, and 50% of dems are idiots.

Only have of Americans are idiots? Wow guys, that's the best bi-partisan news I've heard in a long time.

There's hope for us.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Idiot...

5. ling ling

ling ling Member

6. PointForward

PointForward Member

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm saying that with the rising recognition and understanding about mental health issues, the tossing around of the word "r****d" has come to be viewed as insensitive at best and pretty much always in poor taste.

That doesn't mean that some stupid idiot won't use it casually and derisively... :D

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

I guess I'm a crazy r****d. I'm also Chinese. That's two strikes.

Seriously Batman, you should tone down your rhetoric. I think you're a pretty smart person but with crap like your first sentence, how can anyone take you seriously even if you have very valid points to make?

While you and others here seem to paint Basso as something worse lower than human, your very own posts are lacking class or respect.

How does this country even survive when half of the population are a bunch of crazy r****ds who voted for a crazy r****d like John McCain?

Do you Democrats here have Republican friends? That's a serious question. Or are some of you so close-minded that anyone with a different opinion on a political matter is someone who is either willfully wrong, evil, or just a crazy r****d. Is every white person who steps into a church a racist moron?

AND NO. I don't believe in an Anti-Christ.

This place used to have some pretty decent discussions. Now it seems to be all personal insults and prejudice.

1 person likes this.
  9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i won't use it anymore. just doesn't sound right, but it took personal experience to get me there. you'd think batman would be more evolved.

and does not one here watch saving grace?

Earl's got a cool theme:

<object width="250" height="40"> <param name="movie" value="http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf"></param> <param name="wmode" value="window"></param> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param> <param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=15251796&style=grass&p=0"></param> <embed src="http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="40" flashvars="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=15251796&style=grass&p=0" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="window"></embed></object>

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

And we should care about him because....?

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My band has already sent in an audition tape to their campaign. We want to play at their Houston stop.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjeMDvCdrtc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjeMDvCdrtc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLjNGcd1whQ

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

"Had advanced knowledge of 9/11 attacks" is more open to interpretation than "Obama is the Antichrist."

There is evidence that the Bush administration were aware that a terrorist attack was in the works. They had some ideas on how it might go down. That is a some advanced knowledge of the attacks. Doesn't mean they knew that it was going to happen, that they knew it would happen on 9/11 the way it did, and that they were purposely going to let it happen. That's extremely hard to believe. Not quite as ridiculous as "Obama is the Antichrist", but still very hard to believe.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

wow wow wow -- thank you, ima! That amazing clip made my day. Love the audience too.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I love at 1:15 when the guy (wearing the daisy duke nut-huggers) comes out to check on the amp. As if that's the main problem with the performance.

"Man, these guys sound like crap! I better get up there NOW and check the reverb on that guitar amp!"

1 person likes this.
  16. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I'm just now managing to get it back together at work here... Jeez, that's incredible. I think I may have strained something during the guitar solo.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am about to give a physics exam to a class of 75 students, and I think I will project this video onto the big screen before the test, with a clock showing the countdown until the test! (I do crap like this all the time -- pity my classes.)

18. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Continuing the tangent... I had a class with a professor like that - Physics and Music. It was the class that all the (stoner) musicians took to get out of the science requirement. Most people thought it would be really easy because they found out that about half the course grade was linked to the successful building/performance of our own musical instruments. I was an upright bass player at the time and built a washtub bass and played the theme from "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat". That thing kicked ass. It was a pretty hard class though.

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I have many conservative friends, my mother is as far to the right as Ann Coulter's persona and her husband, who I have been trying to convince to run for the 22nd district, is as Republican as it gets. I get frustrated when they believe in outrageous lies like the ones spread by Faux "News," but they are not bad people, they have just bought the party line. I understand why as they are well to do through nothing less than hard work over decades, so it is no wonder they lean towards anyone who claims they want to lower taxes. I love those two people like I love my boys, but I will call it every time when I think they have been duped.

There is a HUGE difference between the likes of basso, bigtexxx, and t_j as opposed to the intelligent conservatives who post respectably and pretty much get respectable responses. Refman, madmax, thumbs, and many others have proven to me that the problem I have with conservatism applies only to a fringe element of idiots as opposed to a failed philosophy. Believe it or not, I lean right on fiscal matters and would vote Republican if they returned to their roots, fiscal conservatism, smaller (and smarter) government, states' rights, and prudent, measured steps towards progress.

I have no problem debating with conservatives respectfully. I have a problem with trolls.