1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

18% of NJ conservatives: Obama is Anti-Christ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Republicans are crazy r****ds. Discuss.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...hers-and-the-anti-christ----oh-my.php?ref=fpa

New Jersey Poll: Birthers, Truthers, And The Anti-Christ -- Oh, My!
    Eric Kleefeld | September 16, 2009, 12:41PM

My home state of New Jersey is one crazy place, according to the new survey of the state by Public Policy Polling (D).

Dave Weigel points out that one out of every three New Jersey conservatives think that Obama could be the anti-Christ. To be precise, 18% of self-identified conservatives affirmatively say that Obama is the anti-Christ, with 17% not sure. Among the self-identified Republican label, it's 14% who say Obama has the number 666 hidden underneath his hair, plus 15% who aren't sure.

But oh it gets even worse on some other questions -- among both the right and the left.

It turns out that 33% of New Jersey Republicans say that Obama was not born in the United States, plus 19% in the Birther-Curious undecided category.

But Democrats shouldn't be too eager to laugh at this. On the other side of the political spectrum, there's some significant 9/11 Trutherism among Dem voters. We've got 32% of Jersey Democrats who say that George W. Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 attacks. In addition, another 19% of Jersey Dems are Truther-Curious, in the undecided column.

So that's only 48% of Jersey Republicans who definitively are not Birthers, and 49% of Dems who are officially not Truthers. Don't you just love our polarized politics?

2. Batman Jones

As the article points out, Democrats don't have a lot to be proud of in this poll either.

But there's a big difference between wearing a tin-foil hat and believing the president is the ****ing devil.

Believing in an anti-Christ in the first place is bat **** crazy. Believing it's Obama is not just crazy but flat out r****ded. (I know that term is not PC, but no other word can express the extreme stupidity on display here.)

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Believing his goal is to destroy this country is equally as insane, in my opinion.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

New Jersey Republicans.

What a sad existence.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're republican now? good luck with that

6. Batman Jones

That's extremely insane, I agree. But nothing is more insane than believing he is a fictional embodiment of evil. Next they should ask how many people think he's Skeletor.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

concur.

8. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

New Jersey is full of crazy r****ds, discuss.

9. Batman Jones

True. But these "birther" numbers are the same, or worse, among Republicans wherever they've been polled.

What is wrong with a political party that requires belief in lies (and the freaking DEVIL, lol) to sustain its disapproval?

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Obama is the Devil!! Don't mess with the Devils, buddy. We're number one, we beat anybody! We're the Devils! The Devils!! Haaaa!!!

[​IMG]

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It really is too bad that the term "Know-Nothings" belongs to our history. It should be resurrected and applied to the current conservative mindset as there is not a more perfect descriptor.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Startling news...

7% of Iowa Libertarians now believe Obama is Snidley Whiplash from Dudley Do-Right (Pictured here, under the foot of the Dudley Do-Right who is perpetuating the myth that all Canadian Mounties are prone to fondling women who appear to be interested in Equine fornication.)

[​IMG]

Folks, this is REAL.

1 person likes this.
  13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL i love that there is a "not sure" option. Very reassuring to know that there is an apparent grey area separating the fine lines between definitively being the anti-christ and not being the anti-christ.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so, i could give a rat **** about the slur against republicans, but that you feel comfortable using "r****d" in this manner, is really no different than using "gay" as a slur, and is indicative of at least some discomfort w/ the SN community, if not outright disdain.

unless of course, you meant "r****d" as a synonym for "atypically developing, but courageously working to overcome the challenges society and everyday life throw at them..."

in which case i take it back...

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Good point Ima. Jersey folks are Devils fans.

I'm guessing this poll was taken outside a bar. I can't imagine a pollster having the gall to ask such stupid questions, or people giving such stupid answers unless they were hammered.

And I don't take solace in conceding that Dems are stupid, but Reps are stupider.

16. Batman Jones

r****d.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Batman hates Special Needs kids: Confirmed.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I think Batman only hates one special needs kid: you.

19. Batman Jones

Exactamundo.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Pollsters and bored reporters kind of suck. Not difficult to get these responses from any ideologue if you ask the right stupid, loaded question in an anonymous survey.