1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Nov 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rudan

rudan Member

Video is stupid. A few minutes of perves out of 10 hours isn't bad. Ho don't like it, don't walk on ethnic streets for 10 hours........

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

more like less than 2 minutes of the 10 hours

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The video obviously edited out all the white people that said something to her...because black people and white people all act the same and react the same to similar situtations like police confrontations and such, amirite Rocket River?

1 person likes this.
  4. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Those aren't compliments.

Leave women alone, douchebags.

1 person likes this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

Yes, we know that. We know creeps still exist. This isn't new. Harassment isn't new at all. What was the point of this video, pointing out the obvious? It doesn't break new grounds at all, and it's only to stir the pot because it's the internet.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They're loaded, tactless and self-gratifying compliments; but with the exception of the walking guys it's just momentary flirting with no risk of additional contact or pursuit, unless she responds and initiates dialogue. A large number of relationships, hook-ups or even platonic friendships might conceivably be started this way, starts don't always align at night clubs or through paid dating services.

7. likestohypeguy

Meta attention w**** seeks attention for having sought attention.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure saying "Hi how are you" is harassment though.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are some truly delusional twits in this thread. And I have no doubt that if they encountered 1/100 of this bull**** from gay guys as they just tried to make it through the day (unwanted sexual attention) they would freak the **** out.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

delusions about what? Also I think most the guys here wouldn't give two ****s if some other guy cat-called them.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I wouldn't give two sh!ts about that at all. Compliments doesn't hurt anyone.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

By doing this they destroyed their narrative or at least made it into something different than it was.

Good ole "Least He Can Do" . . . . . ready to defend to the end . . .. .

You are correct sir. They had a strong opportunity but the botched by either being blind to their own prejudices or manipulations.

even if they did. . . . one is more likely to be shot than the other. . . .

Rocket River

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol if the Male model version of this is real then that pretty much ends the argument.

Dumb video any ways, there was another one like this before this one where an attractive girl wears a short skirt. If you look good and display that then people will react. I say be happy with it, not all of us can turn heads like that.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why in god's name is this in "Hangout"? Or are dudes trying to perfect their "game" (sic)?

The following might make it more hangout worthy:
    <iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/8aeb78deb2" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8aeb78deb2/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man" title="from FOD News, Melinda Taub, Matt Klinman, John Harris, and Nate Dern">10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Man </a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/natedern">Nate Dern</a> <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2F8aeb78deb2%2F10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    </div>

#34 B-Bob, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My 15 year old daughter had her first catcall a while back. It was from a group of guys in their 20's and it freaked her out because it was aimed to put her in her place and to fear the more powerful group of males. I now realize my daughters cannot go places without thinking about their safety. It is not something I had to worry about as a young adult so why should they? Regardless of what one feels about the video, this kind of thing now pisses me off.

And how dare she wear tight pants. Any rapist now has an ironclad alibi... She was asking for it. Women should go ahead and dress like strict Muslims with their faces covered so as to not encourage men to do this kind of stuff.

1 person likes this.
  16. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Scummy and ruins whatever narrative this video is trying to portray.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I understand the narrative they were TRYING to make but by editing out the "people they felt 'weren't that bad' " . . .they basically are saying some catcalling is acceptable and some is not . . and it is up to the men to know based on . . .. telepathy?

I agree . .. women should feel safe as men at all times

I am not ready to make catCalling the equivalent of rape though

Rocket River

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

teach them self defense.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

quit playing the race card

20. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cVLDGLdpa6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>