1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RUMOR: Lakers are close to getting Juwan Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with this thread but your post made think how when Yao signed Amare was suppose to go to the Lakers and when he signed Lebron was going and all because it was L.A. I guess now it's down to KG or the plethora of free agents next year.

2. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

There should be some sort of "rating system" that each rumor can put on the source.

10 - An executive within the team
    9 - Coach
    8 - Player
    7 - Friend of friend of any of the above
    6 - Fortune Teller
    5 - News Source
    4 - Ball boy/Janitor/Security Guard
    3 - Heard someone who might be a part of the team talking on their cell phone
    2 - Stalker
    1 - Friend of a friend heard from one guy who was at 31 flavors whos girlfriend worked with a guy who heard from the ball boy that...
    -100 - Other message boards
    -1 million - Hoopsworldz

This way there still is some sort of Anomynity, but gives us a better idea of how to take the rumor.

3. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Dude, I hear this stuff everyday. I hear it on the radio. One gyu says an idea and they run with it.
    Sonny Vicarro said he thought bron wouldnt sign and said he would come to LA, and it was news city out here.

They take anything and run with it. Hoopsworld is the worst source ever for credible news. Even real Lakers fans hate the site because of such poor journalism it displays.
    He throws things out in hopes that it happens, and is never right. Ever.

Just a while back Tmac was going to LA. I bet you didnt hear about that one, and no Im not joking.

4. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

well sorry the link wont post here, dont know why, or how, but its hoopsworld

5. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

i know for real I saw that on too :D Hoopsworld is garbage!

6. tmacattack131

tmacattack131 Member

While I do remember hearing that Lakers would be looking to trade Mihm in the offseason, I dont see why Lakers would want Howard and his large contract. Other than the fact he adds veteran leadership and experience to a young laker team, theres is no way Mitch Kupchak would add Howards contract to a $70 million payroll. Lakers already have their frontcourt rotation with Kwame, Odom, Radman, Cook. Mo Evans was brought in to play SF so Odom wont be playing there as much. Cook and Mihm for Howard is a steal for the rockets, but I dont see Lakers giving up that much, just for experience.

As a previous poster mentioned, Lakers always have the craziest rumors flying around (I would know, I live in LA).

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Assuming he is on the up and up, he can't tell us his source or that source is in serious hot water. besides, he stands nothing to gain from telling us his source. Last offseason I met Colin Pine and talked Rockets with him for a few minutes. I reported what I heard here, siting Colin Pine as the source, and I got flamed for mentioning the name of my source. Nevermind there was no news of a trade or anything that we hadn't already heard rumored through various media sources. If this guy is legit, he has a scoop that hasn't hit the presses yet.

Insiders really can't win. Especially when you consider the fact this could be true and still not actually go through. There is really no way of confirming that it almost happened. I'm surprised people with inside info even come forward anymore.

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THANK YOU I'm going to bed I have to work in the morning....Lakerspride they say everyone gets at least 15 minutes of fame, well heres your 2-3 hrs of it.. Thanks for the Bull****. I wouldn't want to be you if this doesn't pan out. This board is for fun and to express yourself freely according to the rules..Goodluck....Goodnight !!

9. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Totally, right before the trade deadline. Somebody posted links to Lakers boards so we could read all their ideas about the Kobe/T-Mac duo. Awesome.

I think this is the opposite of that though. It's not the Lakers dreaming about our superstars. It's us dreaming about them taking our worst player off our hands.

I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be sweet to have him off the team.

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Giving up Howard huh?

Looks like Kobe is coming to Houston

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

12. swooh

swooh Member

haha..i'll gladly eat my crow deep fried with french fries if this is true but i'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb and say juwan will not be a laker next season. ;)

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

So if this doesnt even get MENTION as a "possible" trade or anything the next few days or so ..... and JHOWARD remains a Rockets

LAKERSPRIDE should go back into hiding and post again in 2010 when LEBRON n Wade is going to sign with the LAKERS!

14. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Rox Addict - Good night and thanks for the comments it shows how much this site has grown from there character to act like class-less human beings.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks LakersPride.Like others said,this is the kind of stuff that makes our little home oh so cool.Just try to blow off those overinflated internet egos that run wild here.
    I also have to agree that the idea of us getting Odom in this deal is downright ridiculous.A package of Mihm and Walton w/picks to be determined definitely sounds more inline with reality.
    Personally,I'd like to see Kwame involved here.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There should be a dedicated thread for all these "I heard from a friend" rumors.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

So, LakersPride, surely you can tell us whether or not you got the "info" from a legit source with knowledge of the team's inner workings, or from a website (like Oopsworld) or another BBS somewhere.

???

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Makes sense if you really think about it....they need a 4 who can score ....please god....help us with this transaction

20. ikfit

ikfit Member

LakerPride. its ok to share what you know, I like it.

Now I really do not have any confidence in our front office. So what we can get is the most important. I don't want to see any other trade like Gay one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.