1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should anyone who posts a Hoopsworld article as news be tossed?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Jul 2, 2006.

?

Should anyone who posts a Hoopsworld article as news be tossed?

1. Yes

98 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

114 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You decide...

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

:D

I don't know because I would feel bad for the one innocent poster whose first post is a hoopscrap article.

3. neXXes

neXXes Member

Maybe if they've been around for a year or 2. I'd also feel bad about a new poster whose first post is a hoopsworld article.

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

If they are unwilling to defend the article or show humility when it starts getting thumped for soundness/logic/quality..............then toss them.

Perhaps you could have a Read Only Forum with examples of the Forbidden on this BBS.

5. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

No who knows it could come true! And if this is a new rule then if should only take effect after a year at the site!

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I said no because I don't think first time offenders should be autobooted. if you do make it a one time boot then maybe have a sticky in the GARM that's says posting banned websites like hoopshype gets you the boot.

that being said can we add sam smith articles to the list?

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

So does that mean that you're banning anyone with an isp number from ABC 13. :D

I voted no. Since hoopsworld articles are usually outright deleted instead of locked up, some people might not notice that hoopsworld is banned until an article gets posted from there, so it's a bit of a paradox.

Maybe you can sticky a "read this" thread with all the rules. But that might be cluttered and annoying. I hate boards that have a million things stickied up at the top, where it takes half the page just to get to current threads.

Maybe have a sticky "read me" on top of the main forum index. That wouldn't bother me as much since I got the forums bookmarked. And the fact that the forums don't change so you don't need to scan any topics, you just go to your forum.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

wow...

clutch i suggest a test or like a list of rules that you email new members. i don't think i've really broken any "rules" but i gotta say - i am afraid i will break an unwritten rule with all the negativity getting tossed around about new members! :eek:

i think a page dedicated to do's and don'ts would be great. give examples of posters who have been fried for being r****ded. as a new member i would definitely spend a few moments reviewing the rules if there were such a thing.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I went there and there was an article on Ben Wallace going to sixers when all the rage is about him and the bulls. :rolleyes:

10. Chronz

Chronz Member

So Hoopsworld is crap? I just posted one of their articles so my answer would be no.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't know enough about hoopsworld to vote in this thread. So, what's the big deal about them or that site?

12. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Clutch

I think you need to make a sticky for the GARM kind of explaining the expectations and "rules" of the site. Such as posting of articles with links and hoopsworld articles. Also what to do when posting insider info and all of that good stuff. If something like that is in place, you have a much better reason for tossing people for doing that. Plus it will probably cut down on a lot of stuff.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's common knowledge to avoid mentioning that which will remain nameless, isn't it?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A read only forum of shame isn't a bad idea....

15. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I think that might be a bit harsh, especially for newcomers who aren't aware of the rules. I'm 100% in support of automatically tossing someone who refuses to use some form of coherent punctuation or paragraphs though. :)

I actually kind of like the idea of having a read-only "Hall of Shame" forum. It'd give newcomers tangible examples of what not to do. It'd also give the people who've been around for a while a good laugh.

16. superden

superden Contributing Member

I agree with this. It would help a lot with the rooks.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I voted "no" because I don't mind a little pulp fiction now and then.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I confess. I read their "rumor" section. However, at the end is generally a reference to a legitimate newspaper story. I then click on the newspaper link to read the whole story. If I find that credible and interesting to the board, I use a link for the original source.

Oops. I was thinking "Hoopshype" rumor section. I've never been to HoopsWorld.

#18 thumbs, Jul 3, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  19. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Emphatic yes. That site is garbage and the rookies should know that the thread will be closed almost as soon as it is opened.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I voted no, I don't mind reading them, though I know they are fiction.