1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be Fired/Resign Next In The Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Jul 31, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

She didn't beat behind the bush;

First black woman to serve as State Department legislative affairs assistant secretary resigns
    in protest over Trump’s response to 'racial injustice'
    that 'cut sharply against my core values and convictions'
    [​IMG]

A life-long Republican, Mary Elizabeth Taylor used to work for Senate leader Moscow Mitchell before joining Trump's WH staff.
    she was later promoted to asst secretary of state

in her short resignation latter, she wrote

'Moments of upheaval can change you, shift the trajectory of your life, and mold your character,'
    'The President's comments and actions surrounding racial injustice and Black Americans cut sharply against my core values and convictions.
    'I must follow the dictates of my conscience and resign as Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs.'​

Her departure is the first high-profile resignation made in protest at the president's actions since Floyd's killing that has been made public.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

one can infer that this convenient / insensitive / stupid lie by the Xi/Putin ass kisser may have crossed the Rubicon for her

the dotard had lied that he made Juneteeth famous​

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's a shocker, attorney general barr lying...

#1083 NewRoxFan, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HON. WILLIAM P. BARR LIED... AND NOT A **** WAS GIVEN

don grahamleone and RayRay10 like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

A top terrorism fighter’s dire warning
    Russell Travers detailed his concerns to the intelligence community’s watchdog. Days later, he says, Richard Grenell fired him.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/09/travers-terrorism-warning-355734

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

This horribly unqualified candidate didn't even make it to fired or resigned...

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

The official notification...

8. NewRoxFan

Couldn't get the loser approved so puts him in the job anyway...

pirc1, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This loophole needs to be fixed. I wouldn't mind if Biden's administration spent a lot of time on voting reform, campaign finance reform, and closing loopholes such as this.

11. NewRoxFan

Only the best...

USAID appointee with history of inflammatory rhetoric toward refugees and LGBTQ community exits agency
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/politics/merritt-corrigan-usaid/index.html

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Laughable how bad trump is at this...

13. NewRoxFan

Wow... seeing it in her own tweets...

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Much like the aftermath of the Nixon/GOP criminal administration, the next Democratic presidency will be tasked with the cleanup and restoration of civil government.

Biden will be the perfect bridge for the New Reconstruction as I believe his personal integrity and commitment to country will prohibit him from abusing the powers of the presidency like we have seen with the current "aboministration."

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kellyanne Conway, a senior adviser to President Trump and one of his longest-serving aides, is leaving the White House at the end of the month.

Conway informed Trump of her decision Sunday night in the Oval Office.

Her husband George T. Conway III, a conservative lawyer and outspoken critic of the president, is also stepping back from his role on the Lincoln Project, an outside group of Republicans devoted to defeating Trump in November. He will also take a hiatus from Twitter, the venue he has often used to attack the president.

In a statement, Conway called her time in the Trump administration “heady” and “humbling,” and said she and George were making the decision based on what they think is best for their four children.

“We disagree about plenty,” she wrote of her and her husband, “but we are united on what matters most: the kids. Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year in the middle school and high school that will be conducted remotely from home for a least a few months. As millions of parents nationwide know, kids ‘doing school from home’ requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times.”

Conway continued: “This is completely my choice and my voice. In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama.”

Conway’s high school aged daughter had drawn attention for tweets about her parents and politics.

On Sunday, however, she also tweeted that social media was “becoming way too much” so she had decided to take “a mental health break.”

“See y’all soon,” she wrote. “Thank you for the love and support. No hate to my parents please.”

Before making her decision, Conway had been in discussions with the Trump campaign. Senior advisers on the campaign had suggested she take a leave of absence from the White House to join Trump’s reelection effort, and anticipated a significant role where she would travel to two states a day between now and the election.

But Conway said she could not envision herself in that role right now, spending so much time away from her family.

In her statement, Conway also expressed her gratitude to Trump, his wife Melania, Vice President Pence and his wife, Karen, as well her colleagues in the administration.

“The incredible men, women and children I’ve met along the way have reaffirmed by later-in-life experience that public service can be meaningful and consequential,” she wrote. “For all of its political differences and cultural cleavages, this is a beautiful country filled with amazing people. The promise of America belongs to us all.”

[​IMG]

#1096 J.R., Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So the Cryptkeeper is stepping away.

No more alternative facts?

18. PeppermintCandy

The Conways were hands down the strangest couple in U.S. politics.

But kudos to them for putting family first.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I gotta agree.........craziest thing I've ever witnessed (okay.....one of many, but....) is the Conways. I always thought they had to be some kind of weird sideshow. There was no way they could be husband and wife. Regardless of what was real, and what was contrived, they are obviously part of a real family with real lives involved. Happy to see they are putting the show aside to take care of (or try to) what really matters.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

It looks like FBI Director Christopher Wray will soon be the next out the door...