1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's postal service meddling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Aug 15, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is a direct attack and attempt to weaken our democracy. I'm not sure why anyone would be okay with this. I guess I do know why. But it is a clear cut case of placing party over country.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Vote in absentee or get of your ass and vote. There has been plenty of time to make your arrangements if you don’t want to vote in person.

It would be stupid to throw money into something that is going to be a clusterphuck.

Nobody is stopping absentee voting.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So you have no problem with trumpybear outright admitting that he is not giving the USPS the funding it needs to make sure it's a fair and free election? You're ok with his Postmaster General putting in policies to intentionally slow mail delivery (which includes SS checks, medications, etc) at a time when people can't get out as freely?

Why are these things ok with you? The President of the United states explicitly admitted to trying to affect the results of this election. I can't comprehend why this is ok with people.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hard to find out what’s really happening nowadays, but this sounds like one of the worst things trump has done .

unforunately , I have a feeling the general state around bad things trump does is fatigue / boy who cried wolf . Democrats have been harping on every little offense he commits and now when he does something that has potential to disenfranchise millions of voters we can’t drum up a special level of outrage .

anything pelosi or biden says about this (even if they are right) will ring hollow because it will be the same sort of character based attack that they have been levying for 4 years “trump bad”

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In most states absentee voting and mail in voting are the exact same thing

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Absentee ballots are sent through the...MAIL. Jesus Christ why are people making a distinction between the two?

This pandemic is likely to be going on during the election. A lot more people are going to be voting by mail, that’s just a fact. It’s legal to vote by mail in every state and many for little to no reason. There’s ABSOLUTELY NO reason the president shouldn’t be funneling more money into USPS right this second. This is very clearly voter suppression. Out of all the things trump has done, this is the most blatant attack on democracy

7. AB

AB Contributing Member

whats the difference?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texas is. In fact, I think it's the only state left that refuses to allow Covid-19 fear as a valid reason to apply to absentee vote.

Regardless, it's basically the same as mail in voting. It goes by mail.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dictatorship style leadership.

Jayzers_100, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Little is putting it mildly.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trump decided the only way to beat fascist Joe is to become a fascist first!

Amirite @dachuda86

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You’re an ignorant **** so I’m gonna break it down for you. The USPS has a 91% approval rating. It’s not a business it’s a public service and it’s not supposed to turn a profit but can especially if certain lame duck congressional laws weren’t passed years ago.

Politicizing the postal service and slowing down mail so you create confusion and negativity affect an election is one of the scummiest things Trump has done. People love the post office in its current form especially rural voters.

Last I guess you haven’t noticed that we’re in a pandemic right? Some people do not want to expose their loved ones by going to a voting booth in cold weather in the flu season during a possible spike in covid19.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

putting things mildly is my jam. chipotle is sometimes too spicy for me.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  14. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

The stupidity of this post is incredible. Your username is ironic because that is exactly how i feel every time you post something.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There is a difference in some states. In order to vote absentee, you must have an excuse. You'll be out of town for example.

In most states you don't need an excuse which equates to mail in voting.

arkoe, AB and RayRay10 like this.
  16. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

All good, desperate times call for desperate measures. Just like the time when Gundy thought that it was a good idea to insert Novak into the starting lineup against the Sun.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He will get away with it

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No need to fear about Fake mail in ballots- just take the postal trucks off the streets ...Trump forever biches!

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is a 2bit dictator because the Senate majority is complicit to his blatant power grab. Trump and his core supporters in congress are bad people.
    Trumps blind supporters are disappointments.

Biden and a new administration is our only chance to build it back better.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.