1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strategies to deal with reffing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Aug 22, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The NBA just gave us a preview of whats probable in the lakers series

We can say all we want " the team cant let it get to their heads , but no one tells rape victims to just get over it* . We have to come up with better strategies when the refs are screwing us without our consent.

I can turn the other cheek ( aka check out ) this game , im confident we win this series and im confident that the refs wont do this as blatantly net game vs OKC . But if/when we get ****ed in the next series I have a feeling its gonna drive people postal ( see how people already bumping doris burke threads , convo in the game thread , etc )

Bad reffing is frustrating and completely ruins the game
    One sided bad reffing is even worse
    Granted , i still want to win the game

I dont have that many ideas , but here are a few

- someone in the org speak up and take a fine . Noise around officiating is detrimental to the league , it shows we are willing to try to damage the overall product , even if we take a hit too

- on the court possible deterrents : goon squad guys to foul the other team HARD , muck up the game ; try to "fall into the ref somehow ? Use of the challenge to make refs look bad ?

I just think you HAVE to have something in your pocket to try to fight it . You cant put all the onus on the players to weather that kind of screw job. Guys need to remain calm if its bad reffing . But it was one sided. You just cant sit there and take it.

Yes , the rockets still could have won this game if they shot better , if they remained focus the entire game , if , if ... i appreciate that we took on the challenge . Its the first round , no need to blow a gasket. But you cant have this happen and ignore it , you gotta be sly and find a way to fight it next time it happens. I can tell MDA was seething.

* I'm sorry if that analogy is hurtful to anyone

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I get that you're upset, OP, but you really shouldn't be comparing anything involving rape to the officiating of a basketball game.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Why not call timeouts and getting in the refs asses... An early tech won't hurt

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The mods can remove the post if they want.

Should i put a trigger warning for language ?

5. gotsis

gotsis Member

Things sucks around here after losses. Come on man, comparing rape victims to bad reffing...

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Does anyone know a site that has game replays? LOL... I'd love to make a compilation of all the bad calls that screwed us this game.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lose a game, blame the refs, like clockwork, never fails around here... :D

Someone in the organization speak up/take a fine. .... They already tried similar to this, releasing their ref audit vs Warriors (last year or year before?), blaming the refs for "costing them a title". Protested the Spurs game, nothing came of it.

Rest of the NBA laughs at the Rockets/Morey for their audits & protests.

Foul the other team hard ... not gonna get/earn you any calls.

Use of the challenge to make refs look bad ... only get one challenge (successful or not).

BigMaloe, ronclone, KePoW and 2 others like this.
  9. KingCheetah

We played like garbage -- no excuse for that loss.

J.R. likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Beautiful post.

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Thats more what needs to happen

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

shoot better than 15-50 from 3

don't miss 4 free throws if you're Harden

don't miss the game winning free throw if you're House

that would've overcame the refs, at least in this game

kkthksbai likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Play Harder.

Play Smarter.

t's the only strategy. refs are not going to help the Rockets. If the game isn't close the refs can't screw you.

14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

=
    You can use the logic of a casual or you can be objective about how the game was called.

This had officiating on par with Warriors @ Rockets 2018 Game 7... Yes we could've still won this game because we played that well despite it, but the amount of MISSED calls in favor of OKC in the first half combined with the many dubious calls against us was ridiculous... we should've up double digits after each qtr that's how bad it was... They were keeping OKC in the game until they finally made some plays.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

If you make shots, it's hard for the refs to "balance" the game. Remember the NBA is a business. The want every series to go 7 and they want big market teams or superstar players in the finals...period. At the end of the day, the Rockets will make adjustments and I predict another double digit win for game 4.

s3ts likes this.
  16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Sure that would've overcame them I agree.... We shouldn't have to overcome them to this degree.

This was NOT a few bad calls... NOT EVEN CLOSE

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I recognize King Cheetahs mental lapses and failure to execute at critical junctures.

Good for him to acknowledge, but...can he learn from this? Time will tell...

Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This has nothing on a potential Laker series. The free throw disparity against the Blazers right now is 22-5. It'll be much much much worse against the Lakers.

19. Audioout

Audioout Member

Refs only affect us if we're missing all our shots and not defending theirs. We lost because we blew defensive assignments and shot like crap the whole game. We lucked out it was even close.

20. KingCheetah

[ ] Likely
    [✓] Unlikely

SamFisher likes this.