1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone told my Mom that shes getting deported soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Nov 9, 2016.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

My mom is a muslim that is the principal of a private school in North Houston and she had students tell her that she would be deported and to look out for herself. SMH. The problem is not with trump himself but he has created this toxic base of his that will now think its okay to be racist and be a bigot because why the hell not? Trump spewed racism and hatred and he became president.

The racial divide in this country is as wide as ever before in our generation, and if anyone thinks its going get any better they are delusional. My problem is not with Trump himself as I think hes all talk, but its with his base that now thinks its okay to be the way he was during the election.

This is a guy that wants to implement stop and frisk, something that has already been ruled unconstitutional. This country is going into a dark future and I hope theres some GOP lawmakers out there who still have decency and morality about whats good and bad.

Nook, El Güero, JeffB and 3 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Breaking News: Some people are assholes. Film at 11.

cml750 likes this.
  3. nono

nono Member

Democracy is really terrible for minorities.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

its quite sad because we left europe in the 1980s because of the racism and backlash there was towards muslims and middle eastern citizens at the time.

wizkid83 likes this.
  5. Dei

Dei Member

****ing discipline the kids. I don't know why liberals are so poor at this. But then again, they like complaining to the man like children too.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These people are spouting a bastardization of the platform of the winning candidate. Are they really assholes if they are the winners?

malakas likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is exactly why the US isn't a democracy. Make sure you remind everyone who is upset that the winner of the popular vote is irrelevant in this country about how bad democracy is for minorities.

8. astros123

astros123 Member

displine a kid and worry about the school having a first amendment lawsuit on your hands is sadly the generation we live in now.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. Being on the "winning" side doesn't mean that you aren't an *******.

Hell the Cubs won the World Series and every single one of their fans are assholes.

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

There are just as many radicals on the left, as there are the right. For every crazy person who rails against Islam, you have people trying to silence other's freedom of speech because it hurts their feelings. The truth is, the vast majority of the country is moderate, and the media only focuses on the extremes. My advice is to turn off your TV, and live your life - you'll be just fine.

You'll come across assholes every now and then, and the biggest thing you can do to piss them off, is to be happy.

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Dont kid yourself into thinking the vast majority of the country are moderates.

malakas likes this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

As a Trump fan, I am having a slight buyers remorse today. Much of it comes from the way people are acting today. I hope the guy improves all of our lives.

I apologize to every single person in here if I have said something that crossed the line. I have love for all my clutch fan bros!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the vast majority of the country don't know or care enough to have a serious political opinion one way or the other. We usually call these people "moderates" or "swing voters" as a way of being polite to them.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Remember there are scumbags everywhere

Having said that. Trump's rhetoric was dangerous and divisive and more people will now feel empowered to follow some of his words. Some will do it as a joke to try and create fear and others maybe a bit more serious

In this case, I think its just a teenage kid trying to act smart.

malakas likes this.
  15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I sympathize and this to me is the most terrifying result. I know people will say its an isolated event but nothing hurts more than essentially being told you don't belong. The humiliation of such an event is something that I can't even express. I'm not muslim but I am brown and I heard comments like this directed at me after 9/11.

More than anything else, this stuff is what makes me sad and worried. When Americans start turning on each other is when our fabric and values start to fray. Most people haven't been on the receiving end of blatant racism but it HURTS. And it hurts a lot. I honestly struggle to write this post because it reminds me of all the times I've experienced racist statements. It makes me worried for my future kids who will be biracial in a country that may be harder on them than it was for me. I think of my parents who have horror stories from the 80s and remind me of the progress we've made since then only to now potentially go backwards.

Zergling and malakas like this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Time to move to Canada.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/600/will-i-know-anyone-at-this-party

This is the country I always knew it as, but did not think it still was.

I saw this today and it resonated with me.

"Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope." - George Carlin

split41, wouldabeen23 and malakas like this.
  18. Svpernaut

By moderate I mean leans left or right, but they do so moderately - as in not radicalized.

Exactly, basically everyone that walks into a voting booth and immediately skips the "straight ticket" option.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump has galvanized racists in this country, there's no doubt about it. His anti muslim, anti immigration rhetoric is right up the racists alley. Of course, he's never taken it a step further and proclaim white supremacy, but when you normalize the type of statements that Trump has made, racists all of a sudden think it's okay to be even more incendiary and offensive. Racists all of a sudden think they have a voice in government, and it's a scary time to be a minority.

fchowd0311, Nook and Zergling like this.
  20. Svpernaut

TL;DR - Apathy.