1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone told my Mom that shes getting deported soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is really easy to say when "some people" aren't purposely directing their "*******" behavior towards you.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My sister said her son's high school was offering counselors for coping at the request of teachers and students.

that's pretty laughable to me

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Breaking News: One of those assholes is now our President. Inauguration in 71 days.

malakas likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's quite an assumption on your part don't you think? There are plenty of assholes that I have to deal with or have dealt with in the past who have directed their "******* behavior" towards me. I'm just not mentally weak enough to seriously care.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There were 2 assholes running for president, one was going to win no matter what.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Were you being discriminated against in your work place? I find it hard to believe.
    An insult isnt the same as what OP's mother faced.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

surprising fact for the folks on this board...Harris County and Fortbend county both had Clinton as their presidential choice.

Just know that there are plenty of folks within this city that wanted Clinton as the POTUS. And your mother...as an educator should know NOT to engage with children that are just plain ignorant... sorry your mother felt any fear...

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

We all need to remember this fact.

There are 50% of the people (voters) in this country actually believe or approve what Trump had said and willing to follow his lead.

Trump is not the real problem in this election. Neither is democracy.

The fact is, we are still have half of the people in this country (whom hashe the right to vote) actually approve to be OK being a racist and more.

Something just never change.

CometsWin and malakas like this.
  10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I wish I could roll my eyes a little harder.

You may have dealt with "some people" in the past.

It's different when you are dealing with a huge group of people who hate you for the color of your skin or your religious beliefs. In addition, that group of people are all around you, ready to direct vitriol towards you at any time because their views have been reaffirmed by the president of the United States of America.

This country is at its lowest point regarding that since the post 9-11 timeframe.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

How old were these kids?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure that's happened before and it was annoying, but like I said, some people are assholes. They only have so much power over your mind as you give them.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Exactly.
    And some of those people very likely were those kids parents. They hear things at home and now learn that being a racist and hating Muslims is acceptable since the president does it.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yeah I know that it's socially acceptable racism due to the color of my skin but it's really no different. Roll your eyes all you want, ignorant beliefs like the one you are pushing right now is part of the problem. It's what kills the credibility of those who whine about non socially acceptable racism and discrimination.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When everything will settle down,

We will start to realize, what we need to fear is not Trump, he is still a laughable clown.

It's the thoughts and beliefs of the 'other 50%' among us.

malakas likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

I'm sorry to hear that you were discriminated against based on your religion gender or race. However..Two wrongs doesn't make one right.
    Accepting discrimination and ignoring it only makes the problem bigger. If you ignored it or laughed at the sorry excuse of a human being who did that to you, doesn't mean that OP's mother should do the same.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sounds like more punk kids will be getting some teeth knocked out.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I certainly don't think two wrongs make a right. I'm just saying that there are assholes out there and obsessing over them is just giving them power over your mind. I personally pity people who are mentally deficient enough to be truly racist and I despise those who act that way simply to be an *******. It's really hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Either way, fretting about that nonsense doesn't make anything better. I feel like the best "revenge" is to just keep living your life and not let the little troll bastards get under your skin. Freaking out about what they say or do is very likely the reason they did it in the first place.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The OP's mom is a Principal blaming the discipline of her students and respect they show on someone other than herself?

OP: What was the punishment for this disrespect that I'm 100% confident totally happened and isn't made up fictional victim fantasy.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

My mom is a high school principal.