1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver Linings Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 21, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It looks like Dwight felt better/got more athletic as the game went on. Had his lift back after a slow start.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden is playing at MVP level again

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If Dwight can get a little more healthier, Houston can even it up

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hard to find a silver lining in this one. Rockets could be in complete control of this series. Now are likely on life support. Just one or two too many mistakes. Hurts.

Harden played his finest game as a Rocket, in my opinion. Masterful performance. So sad he couldn't get a win out of it.

5. Voltik

Voltik Member

Overall the team has Heart and the mental toughness to comeback in games no matter the circumstances or how much time is left on the clock.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Well...this will be a great experiment to see how Harden reacts after a close loss.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

3 of the next 4 games are at Toyota Center. Go 3-0 at home and 1-0 at GS and you're in the Finals.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Get a good game from Brewer and/or Smith and it will be a clear win.

1 person likes this.
  9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Yeah, that's my only concern. Will he blame himself and wilt, or continue to step up and lead this team.

If he bounces back up, andcontinues to play like the first 2 games, they will even up the series in Houston and win the series in 7.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

I think he just got more confident, and stop worrying so much. After the last knee injury, it is only human. I can relate to that personally.

If Dwight is healthy, we beat this team twice. We outplay them when Dwight is healthy. Simple.

I'll take the odds at home. I truly believe we will be 2-2 going back to their place. Bring it on.

11. Houston79Astro

Durant might like our effort and will come play for us?

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Time to hold serve.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats what i was thinking. need one more player at the PF position and this team will be set. i dont think smith should be here next year unless it is on a minimum player with an upgrade to the PF position with him coming off the bench. you can not have a shooter like that taking as many shots as he takes against a team like warriors that shoots like they do.

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has learned how to fockass.

Josh Smith can't possibly play any worse, and Terrence Jones may decide to show up at some point this series.

Brewer will be playing at home again.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Defense was outstanding in the second half. Warriors hit quite a few tough mid-range jumpers. I'll take thor shots all day defensively.

Also, the guys really focused and stopped losing Curry so easily. He's just such a good player.

Law of averages say the role players come up huge next game. If Harden continues to play like he has, and the role players show up too... watch out.

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Tjones played better tonight will JSmoove couldn't make shots. We were hurt on the PG front in general. I still don't think they have anything inside; just need to contain Curry, and actually get some fair calls at home.

17. newAge_Rockets

Harden is 25, y'all.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Okay, I can't take it anymore.

What is "fockass"?

19. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Fockass = Olajuwon saying Focus.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Daryl Morey is happy. Big picture, the biggest question has been can Harden be "the guy". This series is showing that he can be that guy. Going from outstanding to truly elite is a step that can only be taken in the playoffs.

If you watched enough basketball, you know what I'm talking about. Lebrun had to go through it. Hakeem did too. Every superstar to win a title had to go through this process.