1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we go after Phil Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Jul 7, 2013.

?

Should we go after Phil Jackson as our head coach

Poll closed Aug 6, 2013.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

It is reported that he is available now and interested in coaching again

He has a proven to take teams to the next level and was able to start the Shaq/Kobe Lakers dynasty.

For the record, I am not a Mchale hater but why take a risk when we can get a sure thing and possibly the greatest NBA coach ever

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

I'm not sure he wants to coach the Astros.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

no... kevin mchale is a huge part of why he picked houston

4. LivinLikeLarry

After Phil Jackson hates on Dwight and calls us the Astros? Not gonna happen. Plus, Dwight really wants to play for a HOF big and gets that in McHale.

For the record, you are a McHale hater based on that sig of yours.

5. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

I'm actually impressed that you still possess the ability to make threads. I think your average thread rating is like 1.2 stars.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

You make way too many threads.

7. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

No thanks, and not to derail the thread, but if you win the most championships does that make you the best coach?

Because I have a hard time believing that Phil is a better coach than Pop....also think about this, if LeBron stays in Miami and wins another 4 championships, does that make Spoelstra one of the best coaches ever, or one of the luckiest?

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

He has no desire to be here. He's going to wait until the Lakers get Wiggins after 'somehow' winning the lottery next year and go at it with another young superstar.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No NO NONONONONO. Phil Jackson is overrated... he leeched off prime jordan and kobe and the only smart thing he did was leave when he knew they couldn't win anymore.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's just silly. Phil is one of the best coaches ever, him and Pop are comparable. Lets not disrespect what he's accomplished. Lets not pretend like Pop has been working with scrubs. Duncan one of the best big man ever.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Heavens no...

12. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I didn't know he knew anything about Baseball.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh common, Phil would not have gotten that Spurs team that far. Pops develops... Phil tells people to pass to Kobe/Jordan... the only reason he's gone is because Kobe is old and Lebron isn't available to work with for his only play (hint: it's pass the ball to the best player in the league).

14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm not saying he's a terrible coach or anything like that, but there's a reason that every single championship he's won he's had the greatest player in that GENERATION on his team to do it.

To some it may not be possible, but to me I think he's slightly overrated...

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Completely oblivious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.