1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Myles Turner trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 28, 2020.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

yeah, but - - he’s why Turner is ‘available’ (allegedly). They do work well together on the court.

D-rock likes this.
  2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

If rockets and Harden were in the finals we would be praising it. We won’t be talkin about fake champs /covid season. We just saying it cuz it’s not us in the championship series.

I hate lebron to a certain extent.. but can’t deny his greatness. Sure he had help to win the rings, but what player hasn’t? A few exceptions, but in today’s game, you have to team up. Too many good players to do it all alone..

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Is the Lakers model that beat us (Rockets) much different than that of the Warriors?

Lakers...................................................................................................Warriors (now)
    Danny Green 6’6”................................................................................Andrew Wiggins 6’7”
    Markieff Morris 6’8”..............................................................................Klay Thompson 6’6”
    LeBron 6’8”..........................................................................................Draymond Green 6’6”
    Kuzma 6’8”.............................................................................................Eric Paschall 6’6”
    **AD 6’10” ....player option (guessing he will stay)..............................Kevon Looney 6’9”

throw in
    JaVale MeGee .....player option ...........................................................Allen Smailagic 6’10”
    KCP 6’5” .....player option ......................................................................Jordan Poole 6’4”
    Caruso 6’5” ..............................................................................................Damion Lee 6’5”
    Rondo (6’1”) .....player option..................................................................Steph Curry 6’3”

Free agents:
    Dion Waiters....................................................................Marquese Chriss (1.8M non guaranteed) will they keep?
    Jared Dudley
    Dwight Howard

So there is some give and take; AD is an ideal center for small ball because he can guard 1-5 while shooting 3’s.
    Rondo can’t score like Steph Curry.

I’m a firm believer if the Rockets can roll the Eric Gordon contract of approx $16.8 million into 2 SF’s the Rockets
    will be right in this. Tucker just needs more help in the form of lengthy SF body frames around him in order to
    corral AD.

Many of us would like a Jerami Grant type center to continue Small-Ball; allowing Tucker to play more PF/SF as well.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

So the key to your question is: can Morey find a mobile center that can play some D vs players 1-5.....
    while shooting 3’s and doesn’t get destroyed by AD?

Can Eric Gordon’s $16.8 M contract net enough? If David Nwab at 6’5” can play big enough as SF.....then a
    center/SF equaling approximately Eric’s contract might be enough to get us right back in contention. Keep
    in mind the Lakers can make some moves to free up money and make improvements to their current roster.

People don’t realize how important D House was to this team. I guess I’m more forgiving than others. I don’t
    see what happened to House much different than say Sefolosha opting out of the bubble.....or DeAndre Jordan.
    I mentioned Hollinger had House as ranked 14th best SF in the playoffs....can’t beat that for approx $3M a year
    in today’s market. He is a kid that learned a lesson.

*side note: if Westbrook can’t improve his left corner 3-point shooting or straight away 3......he needs to set
    screens like Rondo does. New coach needs to find ways to utilize Westbrook in more effective ways offensively.

In defense of D’Antoni he did try screens along the baseline in an effort to keep defenders near the baseline.
    Forcing the half court traps on Harden to travel greater distances.......but Westbrook has to become a better
    shooter in about every scenario leading to team success. I would be surprised if Morey could pull off a
    Westbrook trade. Morey has surprised me before, though.

#183 ApacheWarrior, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    CHAMPBOY, saleem and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

No real Rockets fan should be surprised.

Only the Rockets had a chance to take down the Lakers this season, West or East.

RayRay10, Rudyc281, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Once Lakers decided to play small I don’t realistically think we could have won anymore. Their small ball lineup killed ours cuz Rondo somehow became Steve Kerr from three.

RayRay10, waytookrzy079 and D-rock like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I also believe that House is underrated. His trade value has gone down, but someone might take a chance on him if he shows professionalism. Adding Clemons and a couple of seconds might be an alternative to adding House with Gordan. If nothing else is working add Bolden as a temporary fill in, instead of Bruno and try to move either Russ or Eric at the future trade deadline.

RayRay10, BamBam and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, 29 other teams would take House in a heartbeat.

SF’s are still the rave in the NBA; what the Lakers and Miami have done during these playoffs doesn’t change that.
    Problem is the House contract ($3.7M) brings little return by itself. It doesn’t bring back an Otto Porter or Kelly
    Oubre because they make too much. It gets us a Terrance Ferguson or Patrick McCaw. About 5 pts and 2 rebs
    less per game than what we have in House. So yes House needs to be paired with Eric Gordon.

Rockets can probably re-sign Jeff Green.....maybe Gerald Green in a pinch if McLemore needs to be included
    in a deal. Nwab can play both SG and SF.....probably a better version of Shumpert, IMO.

I don’t know if Bruno will come back. D’Antoni was holding him back, but I’m guessing he will get better offers
    from other teams.

If Bolden can play and he fits in the Rockets budget, I’m sure Morey will try to bring him in.

saleem likes this.
  8. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

We need to be built to beat any teams style...not just focus on one damn teams style.

saleem, waytookrzy079 and Pringles like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed with this post except for Bruno portion.

Do not think Bruno gets any big offers from any team. And his bubble screw up (aside from knee injury) was what held him back (lost 2 weeks of practice time - all of bubble preseason).

saleem likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No, I think Bruno gets offers of $1.9M to $2.8M which may be a bit out of our range. I’m seeing the Rockets team
    salary approx $129 Million with the Luxury I’m guessing around $130 Million. I’m expecting the salary cap dropping
    to about $106 Million; but Luxury remaining close to the same as this past season as a grace period for team
    adjustments (pandemic alterations season 20/21).

@saleem viewed a breakdown of the Rockets cap situation: Rockets having the MLE and a small NTE. I would
    think the Rockets need most/partial of the MLE on re-signing Jeff Green. Hopefully an Eric Gordon trade could
    shave off some payroll.....giving more breathing room. Throw in McLemore and possibly House.....re-sign
    Gerald Green to take the place of Ben McLemore. Rockets have early bird rights on Austin Rivers I believe.

Overall I think the Rockets use all their spare change trying to get more of a sure thing at center than a project
    Bruno. Maybe your Bolden is worthy of better pay than say Bruno.

If you are Bruno, wouldn’t you go somewhere that gives you a better chance of getting playing time. The coach hired
    says a lot about the personnel to be. If it’s JVG, I don’t think Bruno feels too comfortable coming back to Houston.

Just my humble opinion on yet to be determined salary-Luxury/ taxes and very little wiggle room Rockets team
    salary. All still basically in limbo and just approximates.

Edited: Bruno posted pre bubble tweet or IG about being healthy and up to par on the Rockets playbook prior to restart. Not sure it was Bruno health or lack of knowledge that kept him out of action....or
    D’Antoni mistrust......both?

#190 ApacheWarrior, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    D-rock and saleem like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

$132 million luxury tax (remaining near where it is now)

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno broke bubble rules by leaving his room during required quarantine period necessitating an even longer quarantine.

This is primary reason he could not be trusted because he could not participate in preseason bubble.

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I thought it was just two days because he stepped outside the hotel front doors to receive food delivery.

Lou Williams went to a strip club and returned after about two day quarantine did he not?

Harden, Westbrook and Luc? Wasn’t it two days after they arrived at the bubble?

BamBam likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Difference is that Bruno broke INITIAL quarantine.

That first quarantine is 2 days.

Breaking that first quarantine requires an additional 8 days. 10 days total.

Details in link below.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29455658/houston-rockets-bruno-caboclo-breaks-quarantine

saleem likes this.
  15. a time to chill

Little Bit, ApacheWarrior and xaos like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Because he didn't learn signing a veteran to outrank a rookie (at center no less) wasn't a great move?

I can't stress enough how important it is to act on the draft before spending cap money. Trading for Turner and then landing the 1st pick is a nightmare created by an idiot who can't learn a lesson.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Or how selecting Cam Whitmore or Brandon Miller makes the 5 SF’s on Rockets expendable. Or selecting the actual guard that plays with Green into the future makes KPJ expendable. Or seeing who you can sign in FA before you trade.

Simply wait for the draft/Free agency for trading then or after.

xaos likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

I call bullshit

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If Turner is receptive to coming in, getting PAID and playing hard I am all about this. Sengun goes to 6th man.

Christopher+Tate+Ego+Bucks pick for a player who will be a free agent.

a time to chill and Astrodome like this.