1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like Josh Smith has more to offer from the high post in MDA's system than Landry. I don't want either player, but if y'all insist on 4's that cant defensive rebound I'll just roll with Smith.

2. Raz

Raz Member

Please no! I loved Landry when he was with us, but he's bascially done since 2013. Re-sign Motiejunas and we're at 15 players anyway.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

His midrange game would really help the bench...can he rebound though???

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree

Harrell can be Landry like in efficient finishing ability, same peculiar lack of rebounding doesnt have that sweet midrange jumper but more upside as a defender. Landry came into the league already a grown 24 year old rookie into established Rick Adelman system. Harrell needs time to grow into that.

Doesnt seem likely Landry joins HOU though if he did, wonder if itd show lack of faith in Harrell or Beasley to contribute

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tZuolBv4FoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/foR7uoA2bpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i4IVSDJHe1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tjHRe-g70Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey & his ex-Rockets fetish. [​IMG]

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not to mention his "let's-get-someone-on-the-cheap" mentality.

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

funny if we got Landry back after those Noel/Okafor scoop rumors..haha

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I live in Philly, so I saw Carl a bit this season. He's still a really productive baseline scorer and a decent rebounder. Started shooting 3s here and there. His defense was worse than I've ever seen it.

At the minimum, who cares? I'm fine either way.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

CL gets to choose.

11. rockets13champs

12. TextoOkRoxFan

TextoOkRoxFan Member

DM the GM is sending Dmo a message

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

No thanks!

14. vick

vick Member

Also lost a tooth in gay Mavs player arm.

15. alethios

alethios Member

bballholic faints or comes back with "DMo gone...get paid!" :rolleyes:

16. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It seems like fans just do not let go of the idea that every player drafted here is going to have a place in the NBA. I don't have a problem doing it. I'll call it - Harrell doesn't have it.

You come into the league as an energy guy - but you can't rebound? You draw comparison to Faried - but Faried's biggest strength is your fatal weakness? You don't compare a guy to Reggie Miller and then say he can't shoot.

I wouldn't bet my savings on it. And I'm sure I don't have enough evidence to convince everybody else. But it's enough evidence to convince me. Harrell's not doing anything for us - not now, not ever.

17. oakdogg

Didn't mention Beasley, but why would anybody have confidence in him? The guy would shoot unbelievably - make incredible shots - completely unsustainable............and he'd still have the worst +/- of the team in 5 minutes. My conclusion is he no good on defense. And even on offense, he can make hard shots, but he doesn't pass at all or work with the team to get easy shots.

Still believe he's one to go with so cheap though. But confidence in him? F no.

18. DuDDleyDawsonII

Is J Smith a free agent,whats his situation ? I've heard no talk about him all off-season .

19. BackdoorHarden

Too much info dude

20. oakdogg

Are you getting Josh confused with DMo or Harrell somehow? Josh had a lot of problems last year but not rebounding - has historically been a good rebounder too.

EDIT: I misread a 2 as a 3. My bad. Josh did not rebound well during his stint with the Rockets last year. Other than that, he was a good rebounder in his career.

#40 oakdogg, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016