1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. Buck Turgidson

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume that BoB was still listening to advice over the headset that he would soon ignore.

RunninRaven, TejasTom and BigShasta like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'll forgive him if his first play in the Super Bowl is a fake hand off up the middle and a long pass down field.

4. Buck Turgidson

Do you have BoB's email?

Don't save that play for the SB either.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Winning in the NFL isnt easy.

6. bobrek

I'm just happy that for the first time since we moved to Florida, I saw a Tampa Bay team lose a game in person

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

8. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Fuller will go to another team and watch he never gets injured again smh

9. Buck Turgidson

Was the food any good?

10. bobrek

We were going to dinner after the game so I just snacked on some pop corn.

11. Buck Turgidson

Was the dinner any good? And where?

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well, a division title so it's officially a successful season by Texans standards.

Honestly if this team were to win a title this season, I'm not even sure how I would react to it. I am a Texan fan, have been since day one. If I'm not otherwise obligated I try to watch every game. But I'm so utterly over the product that I'm just not invested. I took a nap at halftime and missed the rest of the game. A game with a playoff berth on the line didn't seem that important to me. I keep thinking my heart will be in a game at some point, maybe if we get to the AFC title game a switch will flip.

The Texans occupy such a different branch of my mind from the Rockets and Astros right now.

solid likes this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They didn't look like the best team on the field. If not for Winston's strange turnover frenzy I think we'd lose by 20 to the Bucs.

vjohnson likes this.
  14. bobrek

Chief's Creole Cafe. Dinner is always good. Ribs, collard greens, mac and cheese. My wife had the spicy jambalaya.

King1 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking too. It's a big decision to lock down a star player though, when they are as injury prone as Fuller. Do you want one of the best part time?

If it was a couple broken bones I might just say he had a couple unlucky breaks, but the constant strains seems like an issue that won't go away. Is he like a young version of Chris Paul?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think you’ve made a version of this post 8-10 times this year (probably for each win).

I’m not sure why you bother to keep repeating it... unless you’re surprised that it’s possible to not be a fan of a hometown team. It happens... just imagine the people who only follow teams when they’re in contention.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you can't celebrate a Super Bowl, it sounds like you're just not a football fan anymore. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into it I don't know.

I've been watching all 3 teams for a lot of years, and to not care when one of them is good is just really f**king strange to me. I'm telling myself I'm just mad at the current product, but the idea of a Houston team possibly competing for a title and me possibly being meh about it. It would really f**king suck if this team actually does make a run and I can't enjoy it.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ironically, those who claim to no longer care about this team or those who constantly marginalize the progress are still posting frequently enough during the possible down times ( or in this years case, when the team does something subpar during wins).

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Welcome to where a lot of former 90’s Rockets fans are with that team, and the NBA in general.... a league that is on the verge of revamping the entire season because of the apathy.

The Texans have the best QB they’ve ever had, and probably the best O-line they’ve ever had (in terms of young talent), they also have a ton of cap space. I get that people will never like the head coach, but there are fundamental aspects this team has in place that warrant optimism... things they’ve never had in some cases.

#920 Nick, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    pgabriel and conquistador#11 like this.