1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2020.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Our glass is 48.3 % full. So almost half full.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re comparing a team that played 60 games against teams that generally played full seasons of 162 game baseball. That’s kind of silly. There hasn’t been a sub .500 team that did anything but there also hasn’t been a World Series champion come out of a 60 game season. This is all unique.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Really, don't take the chance to mention the 1980-81 Mose-Malone-led Rockets at 40-42 with a Finals appearance? Go with Lakers instead...

Also, we should take this playoff appearance with all the enthusiasm we can. This could easily be the last hurrah for this core group before they retool the roster. Sure there is low chance they win the WS, but they easily could produce a memorable series, game, or moment that we are talking about for years to come.

I know we tend to boil it down to championship or bust, but being a sports fan is just as much about all the other memories and moments and favorite players that make it all worth it. Especially, since winning championships are hard to come by for most franchises and cities.

#383 rpr52121, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    RayRay10 and Tomstro like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You beat me to it!!

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Man, I’m an idiot...brain completely whiffed on that one.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

If they can get to the ALCS against the Rays (hopefully they'd have beaten the Yankees) and lose to them, I'd be satisfied. I think getting to 4 straight ALCS would be a fitting cap to this group which doesn't seem to have a nickname. Though I'd hate to think what the media would call this group. Still, that'd be nice. Won't be easy getting through the A's since they've killed us this year.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I know there is a lot of negativity surrounding this team, but I am actually pretty damn excited for this series. The fall weather is here, it's cool outside, let's get this!

Greinke magic!