1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man doesn't follow police commands, gets popped after reaching into car in Tulsa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 19, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Simply telling people to "do what cops say" is such a ridiculous solution. There could be a multitude amount of reasons that you might not be able to obey police orders. You are deaf therefore can never hear them, you have a medical condition therefore can't put your arms up etc.

Bottom line is that the cops should be better trained to use nonlethal force. Cops rarely if ever get killed in the line of duty so if they can't handle a little bit of stressful situation then they should resign. We don't need paranoid cops on the streets.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and you know he was trying to get into his vehicle because?

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

We really don't know exactly what's going on by just watching the video. We don't know what instructions the officers are giving the man. If the man is disobeying the officers. If the officers use the taser, but it doesn't work. I mean it looks like the officers are trying to avoid shooting him if possible.

I hope the officers had a body camera so we can get a better idea of what was going on.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL "ridiculous" in your mind, but it would be nearly 100% effective.

Well, that's what anyone watching the video would think. He walks away from the cops, ignoring their instructions from well behind the vehicle all the way to the driver's side door, starts to lean that direction then is hit with the taser.

Maybe he was really going to jump on the hood, who knows?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ok, thanks for admitting you just made it up and presented it as fact. I figured as much.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, that seems obvious. I guess though police are just not normal people. They aren't capable of doing bad...ever. So just do what they say, no matter what.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah? And what if someone can't hear the cops? What if someone can't understand English well? What if someone misheard what they said? They get shot?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

WHAT IF SOMEONE IS ALREADY DEAD!?!?!?!?!

LOL, you crazy kids.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Giving up already? That was quick. You're making progress though, instead of prolonging a losing argument against me for the 100th time, you decide to quit early.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. Also remember if you're black then you also just have to deal with not having the benefit of the doubt there. Even Bobby agrees with this.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know there's no point with you. If you were someone I thought capable of intelligent conversation, then I might really engage you. I know that to not be the case.

Anyway, feel free to march on Washington or whatever stupid little thing you think would help make people follow simple instructions better.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

There should be a mandatory training requirement before getting driver licence .to have a curriculum of bend over/raising hand/ listening to cops and not panic ,not screaming when taser used ,breathing slowly when receiving bullets ..real situation stuff could save innocent souls

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

People (like Kaep and other NFL players) are going to continue to speak up in defiance of naysayers like yourself. It must be infuriating knowing that you're on the wrong side of history. Look around you, it's already working, police departments are being more cautious, and body cams are becoming more common. You might not think it, but we are improving the police force.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

How about your boys for Phily tonight? Fist in the air?

BLACK POWER BABY!!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!

Everything they are doing is just embarrassing them further.

It's not working.

Did you smile when the 2 Blacks this past summer killed 8 cops? You felt a little bit of justice didn't you?

Sweet Lou and Jay Google, same question. Did y'all smile and feel justice ?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope. Next question.

16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Thank god.

All I'm saying is it's extremely dangerous to be a cop and that's a choice they make.
    If I was the cop and had a family, I would never want to play the what if game.
    If I had a white Man in a suit pulled over, if he started reach for his car or approaching me forcefully, or reaching for anything in his pockets, I would
    Blast him!!!

Some might say, just don't shoot to kill. Well, how do you know he's not trying to shoot to kill?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Being a cop isn't nearly as dangerous as you think it to be. Statistics bear that out. You might have a job that is more dangerous.
    http://time.com/4326676/dangerous-jobs-america/

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

But why do the cops pull up to him and automatically assume he's a threat? Since when are all citizens considered a threat until they're strip searched? From the information I can gather in news reports, he seemed like a regular citizen who had car troubles.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Looks like loggers need to be more heavily armed in their battle with the trees

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I don't deny it, I likely am on the "wrong" side of history. If you believe the mouth breathing r****d side of history is the "right side" then I'm happy to not be on it. I know that there are a LOT more stupid people in the world than there are intelligent people and those stupid people are breeding at a much faster rate....but I'd still rather stay off that "side".

So by all means, go out and embarrass yourself protesting without a legitimate cause, cheer on others who do the same. Doesn't matter to me. In the future when all that is left is complete morons, you can celebrate your victory if you like, I hope I'm no longer around to see a world comprised entirely a short bus kids.