1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have a clip of that technical on Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Mar 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

The one where he literally just tapped the ball towards the ref to speed things up and he got a tech.

I know what the rule is...but I've seen that happen a million times with no call this season.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

B.S. call. Seriously

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yeah that was pretty pathetic. I know the rule says you can't touch the ball, but I have seen numerous players tap the ball to the ref after a made shot with no call made. The refs were just picking on us yesterday.

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Why do I even watch the NBA.

[​IMG]

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Because you’re a gluten for rockets punishment like everyone else...:grin:

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I sure am

8. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

You know I think I saw Bev do the exact same thing earlier in the Heat game, and Ref was looking like he was gunna give him a tech.

9. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I agree that it is a ticky-tack call, one that they were making all the time at the beginning of the season, and have let up on. However, it's the rule. Ballers should have it emblazoned in their minds now: don't touch the damn ball after a made basket, no matter what.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Beverley did get a delay of game call for doing that. I don't know if we are thinking of the same exact moment but he did get called for delay of game. When Beverley got that first delay of game, I knew that call would hurt us in the end just because that alluded to how the refs would call it for us.

I don't understand why giving the ball to the refs should be considered delay of game. How is that delaying the game? Delay of games should be called when the opposing player knocks the ball anywhere except the other team or refs. The irony of calling those delay of game calls is that it delays the game longer when the calls are made.

They should just let them play, especially if the game is in the last few minutes! The NBA was doing just fine for 60 years without the rule. Unless it a deliberate attempt to slow the game down like how the Spurs used to do religiously a couple of years ago, then don't call it.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

It was a delay of game call which was our 2nd one of the game resulting in the technical foul because Beverly did the exact same thing earlier in the game..I really didn't understand the refs judgement there..Penalizing us for helping them :confused:

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The refs knew exactly what they were doing. Dwight just helped them out.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The refs let the first one by Bev go but decided to make sure our players learn the rule when Howard did it a second time.

Not a bad call.

15. mig0s

mig0s Member

The rule is stupid. Why does it even matter if you tap the ball to the ref?

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

they didnt let anything go, the first delay of game is a warning, each time after that results in a tech.. neither play should have been delay of game, they in fact sped up the game and were aiding the officials.. theyre punishing guys for something that is instinctual and showing good sportsmanship.. if a player toss the ball in the crowd or away from the ref this should be delay of game, not tossing the ball to the ref..

17. conquistador#11

if he doesn't tap that(the ball), the closest guy would be Jesus. Howard was doing the heat a favor.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The rule is there so that a team can pick up the ball and throw it to the ref when the team with the ball wants to pick it up and start a fast break. The NBA tried being subjective. It didn't work.The NBA is trying to make it objective. The refs just need to be more consistent and players will learn.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It was called earlier in the season...bad rule, bad job of enforcing it...but who cares, when we didn't bother guarding Ray Allen in the corner and that bucket alone was three points.