1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have a clip of that technical on Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Mar 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

I noticed a couple of those in the Jazz game and nothing was called. I guess those are only called against certain team(s) *cough*

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

The fan on the bottom right is a super fan. Someone should turn THAT into a super saiyan .gif.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

howard has done this several times this season, but didn't get called for it.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

As for folks saying the players should be used to it now since we are 3/4ths thru the season:

You don't change 20ish years of basketball instincts with 6 months of waffling enforcement.

It was a BS call. Period.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I hated the call, I think it's a stupid rule, but solution is easy...'Don't touch the ball!!!'

I used to get the ball after a lay up & place it on the ground on the out of bounds line, which would make the opposition have to bend over & pick it up before in bounding. This would stop them from running it quickly after a basket & allow us to get back on D.

Refs used to hate it.

The Dwight call wasn't the same thing, but it shouldn't be a tech if they are passing the ball to the refs or the players...if they are doing something like I was to slow down the opposition, then a delay of game is warranted.

I think the worst call was the Tech on Beverley after he got shoved by LeBron! Now that was ridiculous.

There are a few things that Silver needs to look at after this season, this and the 'sliding under players to get the charge' play as well as possible extending the restricted area...also I've been advocating for years that coaches should be able to challenge calls like they do in the NFL.