1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Can't see any future NBA prospects coming out and being transparent given how horribly he has handled himself. Had a chance to show that its nothing to be worried about, to pave the way for future athletes suffering the same way he does, but his inflated ego and warped sense of self-worth just killed that.

2. herro

herro Member

I wish I could search this place. I donated years ago. On draft night, I said in no uncertain terms that "Royce White will be a bust."

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am not good with the search function, so I didn't find your exact post, but I found the thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=221882&page=131

5. basketballholic

Here's your Royce is a bust post:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6958076&postcount=1749

You were right there.

But to be fair and balanced, you've had your share of misses just like the rest of us:

You were hyped about Marcus Morris (as was I)
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6205302&postcount=84

And you loved Johnny Flynn (what?!?!?)
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5973751&postcount=3

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Honestly, I'm worried that he'll kill himself thinking that he'll die a martyr for "the cause".

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think narcissists get that deeply depressed very often. I'm not sure if chilling in his Rockets-funded music studio is a cry for help. Nor is smoking a Rockets-funded hookah.

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I know that every mental disorder is different but this compares most to the story of Jesus Navas, in my opinion. He's a talented professional soccer player from Sevilla and, therefore, is Spanish. His talent left him to receive top offers from clubs in England, Italy and across Spain and he was called up to play for the Spanish national team. Navas, however, suffers from chronic home sickness, and was therefore not comfortable leaving Sevilla. The first time he did train with the national team he walked out and went back home because of his condition. He also suffers from anxiety attacks and seizures because of his condition.

So what Navas decided to do was to was to slowly work on his condition and decided the best way to do this is to fight through the anxiety and travel away from Sevilla while being helped through counseling. Since then he has transferred to Manchester City and has been a regular on the Spanish National team.

A few days ago, in the semi finals of the Confederations Cup, which was hosted in Brazil, a long way away from Sevilla, Navas hit the game winning penalty kick for Spain to knock off Italy. This is a phenomenal example of how a professional athlete can work through a condition or disorder in order to show his incredible talent on the field.

1 person likes this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ you have to want it. I have seen no sign of Royce every wanting anything more than his salad tossed and a full battery charge.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol the full battery charge does lead to Lowry FYI

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If only Royce was as dedicated to getting better.

DD

12. basketballholic

Royce's case is interlaced with extreme Narcissistic Personality Disorder. And the NPD is what is killing his career....not the anxiety thing. It's the NPD.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Royce white sickens me. I hope the rockets can cut he pay. He does not deserve to be making the money he makes. Get his ass in the real world and see how he acts when he works 60 hours a week for 1/40th of what he makes

14. Granville

Granville Member

That's soccer. We're talking about real sports :grin:

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just cut the piece of sh#t already. He's bad juju. Doesn't deserve to wear the mustard and ketchup

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[Chron] Royce White left off roster, rumored to be on trade block

Rockets leave White off summer roster, consider trades

[​IMG]

As the Rockets head to Orlando, Fla., for the start of summer league, the name most conspicuous is the one missing from the roster.

After not playing in an NBA game in his rookie season, Royce White will not play or practice with the summer-league team, either. Less certain is whether he will ever appear on a Rockets roster again.

The Rockets have had talks about trading White, a person with knowledge of the conversations said. It was not clear whether he was not part of the summer-league team because of the chances he could be moved before next season.

If the Rockets trade White without bringing back salary, they could open cap space to keep more of their roster from last season without worrying that signing Dwight Howard as a free agent would take up most of their remaining available cap space. White is scheduled to earn $1.72 million next season.

The Rockets, who made their pitch to Howard on Sunday, are waiting on his decision, which could come as early as Friday.

If the Rockets sign Howard, they are expected to shift from an emphasis on high-upside – if high-risk – prospects such as White to the pursuit of more predictable veterans.

The Rockets would not expect to receive much for White after getting the rights to two players selected in the second round and two second-round picks for Thomas Robinson, the fifth player taken in the 2012 draft. The extra picks, however, could help facilitate a deal in which a team with cap room agrees to take on White to pick up other assets.

Because the second season of White’s contract is guaranteed, he would count against the Rockets’ cap whether he remains on the roster or they release him. The team has until next season to pick up an option on the third year of his contract, a step that can be considered extremely unlikely before he has played in an NBA game. If the Rockets don’t take that step and he plays well enough next season to show promise, he then would be a free agent.

White, the 16th pick in 2012, said via Twitter he was not asked to play with the Rockets’ summer-league team.

“I would’ve loved to play in the summer league,” White wrote. “There’s been no communication to me about being wanted there.”

White added that communication with the Rockets has gone through the NBA Players Association for several months, calling it a “delicate situation.”

“Everyone’s doing the best they can,” White wrote.

Rockets officials would not comment.

White last practiced with the Rockets on Nov. 10 and then played 16 games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers but did not appear in any of the team’s six playoff games. He has not been a part of the workouts at Toyota Center that have involved many of last season’s other rookies.

Donatas Motiejunas took three days off after the season before returning for workouts. He has since returned to Lithuania to play for his national team. Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley and Tim Ohlbrecht have been regulars at Toyota Center.

#276 Fullcourt, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

good screw him hope he ends up on the bobcats

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Who's the sucker that's actually going to give something up for him? At this point he's the opposite of an asset.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have a difficult time imagining there's a team that would trade for him. Way too much to deal with.

20. Chamillionaire