1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regard former teammate fondly in return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 7, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yea, but according to the team's doctors, he didn't need surgery.

Massive difference between discussing with the team and just deciding to announce that you are having surgery, that is selfishness right there.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How someone could cheer for the guy is beyond me.

No heart, no pride.

I don't care If he averaged 100 points a game. What he pulled in a Rocket's jersey is one of the most shameful moments we have ever had as Rocket fans. I would love to see Calvin Murphy and Tracy in the same room after that game, much like I would have loved to have seen Sir Charles and Snottie in the same room after that debacle.

He is arguably the most talented player to ever play the game.

[​IMG]
    Snottie and Stacy
    Sitting in a tree...

3. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I second that.. When he was on the team and we were going into the playoffs, no one on this forum hated. A true fan will stick with their players no matter what, McGrady should of been no exception. So tonight I'm putting on my Tmac jersey and watching the game, hoping we win and Tmac puts up a good show.

4. ross183

ross183 Member

Don't get me wrong I like Carl Landry but how does he get a video tribute when he came back to houston
    and tmac gets nothing! WOW

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's hilarious and saddening that some people think this guy should be in the rafters with Moses and Dream.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0zSdN5ceXU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0zSdN5ceXU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. comehere2

comehere2 Member

NO, the cancer is back...

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop posting the same thing in multiple threads.

Carl Landry gets a video tribute, because he did not take a giant crap on the city of Houston. Heart and Pride.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was annoyed at McGrady for the last couple of years... and before then, too, at times because he has a tendency to behave annoyingly... but no good reason to hold a grudge. It's not like he's some sort of child rapist or something. Guy's got an ego. Not an uncommon trait among the super-talented.

I just root for this team to get better. Having terrible things happen to McGrady won't help the Rockets.

9. ApuN

ApuN Member

Youre a loser

True fans support the team.

She-Mac quit on the Rockets and on Houston and you are still supporting
    this douche.

Its a shame but so many in this forum dont really know what its like to cheer for a Rockets team that has gone deep into the playoffs and what kind of team effort it takes to do it

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Tmac in Houston was much like a rollercoaster.

I enjoyed the ride but at the end I was almost sick to my stomach and ready for it to end.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

l liked Tracy's time in Houston. I hated how it ended.

Tracy frustrated the crap out of me though. More should have happened. The one year he was exceptionally good, him and Yao, the talent around him just wasn't quite there. He needed help.

By the time he got decent help, he couldn't help himself anymore. It's just bad timing all around. Story of his life probably.

If I was at the game tonight, which I unfortunately will not be, is that I would probably give him an ovation. I'd stand up, and appluad. I did the exact same thing with Carl Landry, even though he wasn't the face of the franchise.

At one time, TMac, love him or not was the face of the Franchise along with Yao.

And for the record, as an unbias non nuthugging mother****er VC, his number 1 and 3 does not belong in the rafters.

If they want to name the training room after him, they can.

They can name it the Ming-McGrady Training Room presented by the Methodist.

12. FullMetal Sage

T-Mac! I don't know how some can hate him SO much.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its pretty obvious that Yao, Rick A and Chuck Hayes are TRACY ONLY FANS!!! :mad: How dare they be grown ups about the situation?!? How dare they mention anything positive about the guy. They are FAKE ROCKETS FANS!!!! GrRrRrRrRrR :mad:

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Rockets fondle former teammate in return

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Idiots bothering to boo T-Mac. Man, that's just having nothing else better to do.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

My respect for Rockets fans went up a notch tonight. They care!

Dont ever forget this guy quit on the team.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

This times 50000.

I laugh at people who can still cheer for a guy who flat out QUIT on the team.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

rockets fans should cheer for t-mac, he did what he could.

19. Hball

Hball Member

That's way overblown, the guy was frustrated from injuries and not being able to be himself that torronto game was more frustration towards Artest who was jacking up shots all game which is why he continued to throw him the ball.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you pay your hard earned money to see the Rockets, you are entitled to Boo whomever you want.

take a cue from Bobby Brown. it's their prerogative, they made their money, you didn't.

right fred!