1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regard former teammate fondly in return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 7, 2010.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vch5t5wnwug

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vch5t5wnwug"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vch5t5wnwug" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Most of the time he spent in Houston was good. He deserves appreciation...

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Yao is still out? :mad: :mad:

I would cheer the man, lightly.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This was a damn good post. Satire at its best.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That would be the classy thing to do and I think Houston fans are classy, don't forget Tracy is still a resident of Houston.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same old tmac!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-Ekfbt8aew?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-Ekfbt8aew?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I completely respect McGrady for everything he did for the team while he was here and healthy.

I just wish he would have handled himself better while he was injured.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This.

I can't blame him for asking who they are blaming since he left. Yao has always gotten a free pass.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I agree with some others, Tracy likely will get a standing ovation. Overall, he did more good things than bad things. Look at our current team, we had a 0-5 start, still well below a 50% record. With Tmac and Yao, at least we had many ESPN, and TNT TV games, right now we can only have one or two. Which team will retire TMac jersey? Magics or Rockets?

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the Rockets, it would be an insult to put his jersey next to players who were significantly better, classier, and have accomplished more for the Rockets.

you mean to tell me he deserves to be next to Moses Malone? Fu Fu Fu Fu No.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac deserves an applause. he was the face of the franchise and we had our best success for a while with him as a rocket.

the last year was a sour one, but injuries really took him down. i don't think all rocket fans hate him like some on this board b/c they do look at his entire rocket career.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

One team has to retire his jersey? Is this right? If that is true, I do not think that it is Raptor or Piston, then only magic and rocket are for next. As we all know Magic did not have a good relationship with Tmac.

15. acjeitherocket

I'd cheer if I was at the game... I respect him despite all the bullsh!t. & I was a fan of his before he came here. Wish him the best wit his future

16. noize

noize Contributing Member

The best thing he ever done for Houston was taking the game winning shot against the Mavs in the 2nd game of the 2004-5 first round playoff and then rubbing it in the Mavs fan's face. After that, I thought something great was gonna happen, needless to say everything went down hill after that.

I don't hate T-Mac or thing too highly of him. He had his moments...you just gotta take the good with the bad is how I remembered him.

17. SunsRocketsfan

agreed... death to Pippen

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

He deserves a good applause but not a standing O.

I like Tmac as much as the next guy, but hell no the Rockets aren't retiring his jersey. LOL. Yao neither.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hmmm, I wonder if there is any player who played for 5 different teams and got their jersey retired, and he'll likely play for more.

hmm, probably Moses Malone. <--yep (he was always a mercenary)

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It was awesome have Tracy and Yao together in their primes. Things didn't work out, but it was great having two elite superstars (esp McGrady).