1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regard former teammate fondly in return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 7, 2010.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

You know who were are talking about here ;)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7327585.html

2. Dei

Dei Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLlz7dOOvY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLlz7dOOvY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The fans there will probably give him a light cheer. They don't hate T-mac as much as this forum does.

4. Dei

Dei Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKOCy9R-h2A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKOCy9R-h2A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wonder what the Red Rowdies will do? Cheer or boo?

do they still exist?

6. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

He is very much appreciated by me....In before the hate....

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have no hate for tmac. the guy did a lot with some pretty untalented team while he was here. He did not have the heart of a Steve Francis but we knew that when we got him. he guy was an unbelievable talent and it was a fun ride while it lasted.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I appreciate what Tracy did for the franchise despite all the headaches during the twilight of his tenure here. He's one of the greatest Rockets of all time and I don't care if I get flamed for saying it.

9. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Its late at night and tinman just woke in a cold sweat in his sleep. Get the suit, he's coming.

1 person likes this.
  10. Hball

Hball Member

This is why Im still a supporter of his, I haven't forgotten like most how much he carried us through the years.

That was the main reason we never pasted the first round with him, management took forever to put a productive supporting cast around him which is why he broke down so early in his career from having to carry so much of the load for so long.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he had his moments in houston and probably deserve some cheers. he doesn't deserve a standing ovation or what the TOFs want, his name in the rafters next to Moses, Clyde and Dream.

he was a superstar and a scoring champion when he came to houston. he and Yao helped us get more time on TV. but his fans thought he was the greatest thing that happened to the Rockets and that blind fandom bled into the GARM and was worse than when Pryuen dropped "Yao gets a haircut" threads all the time.

one thing I do appreciate from tmac besides his tenure, he made me realize that being a popular scorer doesn't necessarily make your team a championship contender.

He made me realize that we were lucky to have Olajuwon. A player that really was synonymous with Houston and the Rockets. A player who trusted his teammates and a player who loved his coach and his city. A player who was so dedicated to his craft that he's tutoring today's superstars.

Thanks Tmac, now I know that Olajuwon was once in a lifetime.

I do have to say, it was not boring with Tmac, his drama, diva-ness and zealous fans brought spotlight to the Rockets. We did lose in the first round with Tmac. It was all tragedies. But those losses were so memorable and
    his crying, they stick in your head like when you first got in car accident or the first time you saw the Shining.

Thanks Tmac, we never got another ring, not close, but it wasn't boring.

1 person likes this.
  12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: No way!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i said he deserves 'some' cheer. but he also deserves booing too.
    the only person who deserves no clapping whatsoever is Pippen.

14. parmesh

parmesh Member

tinman is actually Kenny Smith.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it was a bit unfortunate really, the year we had the 22 game win streak, it seemed like tracy had matured into a better leader with inclusion of his team, but as usual yao was nowhere to be seen come playoff time, his injuries really only became terminal in 08/9.

That and i don't really blame him for ignoring the dr's advice on his knee, dr's advice on knees is leaving the current crop of players as guaranteed middle aged cripples.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Polite applause would be the best course and most classy thing to do.

DD

2 people like this.
  17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I am glad that TMac was here; it was great that we traded for him. We didn't turn him into a championship, nor anything even close to it, but many big stars retire without a ring, or maybe one for their whole career.

He deserves some criticism, but not really any of the hate.

18. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

When he was a Rocket, I cheered for him. As soon as he took the uniform off, I couldn't care less.

But for his good effort, he will get a good cheer from me. Just because his last year with us was unpleasant, it shouldn't diminish what he has done for us.

Gave us Hope, excitement and many 50+ win seasons.

Sure we didn't go far in the playoffs, but at least we knew we were going to make the playoffs and have a chance.

Last year and this year, we pretty much know playoffs are too far out....I hate this losing mentality we accepted and how we overvalue our current set of players.

1 person likes this.
  19. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjbkXewxlGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjbkXewxlGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Even though I don't like Tmac myself, I don't think theres anything wrong with being a fan of just a specific player. Unless you grew up in the same city and had some fan experiences as a child with a certain team, its really hard to become a fan of just the team. Most people become fans of players like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Olajuwon, etc and then when they retire, maybe stick with the team.