1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

And yet when you look at the facts (deaths per capita), your point falls apart. Texas has the lowest deaths per capita among all states larger than 7 million in population.

focus on facts, deb.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fact is look at now, not the past. Only 6 countries in the entire world had more deaths than Texas the past 2 days. Task force Abbott donor troll!

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

really not a very insightful point since the virus rolled through many countries much earlier in the year.

but keep on posting your panic p*rn.

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly, and they knew how to contain it, unlike Abbott. He's a train wreck, and you are on it, tooting that whistle all the way.
    Gov. Greg Abbott’s coronavirus task force members are writing checks for his re-election campaign
    Jay RootJuly 21, 2020 Updated: July 22, 2020

#2564 deb4rockets, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Reading this thread, one would have thought that Texans and NYers are mortal enemies that can only cheer for its others misfortunes and shadenfreude instead of being fellow Americans, citizens of the same nation.

But then again thats only coming from a single sociopath poster.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U are literally cherry picking numbers to paint how well Texas is handling this pandemic. Last I check, Texas belongs to the US and it's doing piss poor handling this pandemic. 140 k Americans and counting are dead, including those from Texas. Republicans can just fk off, cause they shown to me that when a pandemic hits, cant trust them to do anything.

Reopening everything too quick, pushing to reopen school.
    Literally making mask wearing a politics issue rather than a health issue. U r one of the reasons why this pandemic isn't gonna end anytime soon. republicans always thinking about us vs them, texas vs the world. disgusting.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Add in the selfish ones who refuse to give information so contract tracing can be done to protect others. They are selfish careless people. I've read many news stories about the difficulty contract tracers have. They get hung up on, people refuse to give information, and those who may have been exposed can't even be notified. What's wrong with people?

It's such a selfish, heartless, situation. That's how we got in this mess of not being able to contain it, starting from the beginning. Our leaders were the root of the problem when it came to resisting any enforcement.

Here's the latest example:

COVID-19 cluster linked to NJ house party, parents not cooperating with tracers
    By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
    July 23, 2020 | 9:10pm
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/23/nj-party-leads-to-coronavirus-cluster-parents-wont-cooperate/

These are the kinds of parents who don't teach their kids a thing about and doing the right thing, and being responsible. Those kids grow up thinking it's ok to do what you want, regardless of how it may harm anyone else. These are the kinds of people who don't give a damn about the hospitalized or dying Americans, as long as it's not them.

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

1 million new cases in the US in 15 days!!!!!

If you call that panic p*rn you are really twisted. Your lack of empathy and the way you downplay the situation with your irrelevant data is concerning. Seriously, you need help.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201305/how-spot-sociopath

Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking, untruthfulness and insincerity, unreliability, lack of remorse and shame, poor judgment and failure to learn by experience, specific loss of insight, absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations are just a few of the signs of a sociopath.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bigtexxx dominantes your thoughts and controls your emotions.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Honestly, I think he finds pleasure in downplaying the suffering and dying Americans. It's callous and disturbing. My emotions over people like that were already stirred up when the leaders in charge kept downplaying the signs, and just kept merrily going around mask free as a sign of their party, opening up without meeting any guidelines, and bragging about the stock market.

The rich got richer over the pandemic and the people are just sacrificial lambs. Get back to work, get back to school, and just deal with it. We only have more cases because we have more tests. It's infuriating.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

Deb, I think you need to... #TrySomethingNew

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is what it's coming down to.

COVID-19 patients will be ‘sent home to die’ if deemed too sick, Texas county says
    BY CHACOUR KOOP
    JULY 23, 2020 05:28 PM
    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244443257.html

I don't know about you, but that is the last thing I want anyone I care about to be told. I can't just pretend this isn't disturbing, and to not be worried just doesn't work for me. I actually feel empathy for these people.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Don't worry, it's just a hoax so anyone who is sent home will just hoax die.

the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  15. KingCheetah

There are lots of places they could go to die -- lol they don't have to go home.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Says the little **** living in a civilized country where the virus is under control and the people have healthcare

:mad:

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  17. KingCheetah

You could go to a nice park, a drive in theater, or a Sonic -- there are lots of nice places to die besides your home.

RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We don't have time to go die in any of those places we got bills to pay MF.

Just STFU and enjoy your lowest annual work hours in the OCED, and your 30+ days of paid time off you little ****.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have seen reports of extra morgue trucks and large refrigerators being stored in parking garages to handle the death overload. That's where we are as a state and nation. Thanks trump! #winning

Texas county forced to store bodies in trucks as state sets new record for COVID-19 deaths
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...ts-new-record-for-covid-19-deaths/ar-BB176k79

These “last responders” deal with the bodies as coronavirus deaths surge in the Rio Grande Valley
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/21/texas-coronavirus-deaths-rio-grande-valley/

Temporary morgue for coronavirus deaths set up at Fitchburg State University
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/0...-deaths-set-up-at-fitchburg-state-university/

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was hearing a story on NPR that outbreaks are now moving up I-95 from FL and the areas to be concerned are the Carolinas and VA. There is concern too about a new wave in NJ, NY and MA.

RayRay10 likes this.