1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

al sharpton on CNBC now,the injustice of more blacks in prison today than were slaves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 23, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He's trying to help them. And why the hell can't he? Who are you to stifle discussion?

2. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

our whole country is acting like a poor person, and it starts at the top. The government has absolutely zero concern for the future and only wants to pass laws to get people through today. They don't see the budget and how it will affect our future generations. Rich people save and invest for the future, poor people live paycheck to paycheck and worry about the now. The US government is worried about now, do tell me what all these entitlement programs being paid for from money we don't have will do to say my grandchildren 60 years from now?

No politician seems to care about that question bc

1) they won't be in office then so the blame is on someone else, hence why bernanke didn't taper he will let the blame go on someone else

2)where will all this money come from? future generation get a massive tax bill? Perhaps a french style 75% tax on the top bracket in the future?

I know many need help, but man can our government cut the fluff please, we're seriously headed towards financial destruction.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Who said anything about stifling conversation? However, explain to me how his life is in anyway similar to that of a poor inner city black person...... How can he possible say how hard or easy it is to succeed for someone born under entirely different circumstances.

4. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I said I want to help them......Im not a jerk I just suggested there are other ways to help them besides taxing the rich into oblivion. How about cutting government spending like $100M obama trips to start?

All I said was I'm tired of people who are poor saying they can't move up. My parents both did it as poor immigrants, so did tons of their indian friends, why is it that being born poor in india still means you can move up, yet being born poor and black in the US is basically a life sentence to poverty. My dad said he was so poor he hated being at home as a kid bc there was nothing to do so he had all kinds of different jobs as a kid at the farmers market.

Here being poor means you get a cell phone and all types of entitlements so it's really not that bad. You get food stamps so you aren't hungry. In india poor is poor you starve so you better find a way to hustle and get some money. I think that mentality is what leads foreigners like them to succeed here. While americans are content bc they always know they'll have money with or without work. We've somehow made it to where you know you'll be ok with or without a job and it's lead to record numbers of people on unemployment and disability

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

he was drawing an analogy to his father, who started poor

Why are you so defensive? Why can't you just have a dialogue without getting your thong bunched?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Did you also avoid taking any U.S. government courses on your way to your Rice MBA? I'm sure Obama's vacations are a massive dent to the federal budget:rolleyes:

#86 fchowd0311, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Actually the big dent is entitlement programs to the poor combined with unfunded liabilities like massive pensions to government employees. Seriously why should you be paid forever just because you worked for the government? Private sector workers don't get that. Do you know how easy it is to get disability? You could say you're crazy and get disability. You could say you have back pain and get it. That's why we have record numbers of people on disability .Those people collect disability and then work cash jobs. The guy who powerwashed my driveway a few months ago was on disability and was completely fine he asked me to pay in cash instead of a check when it was over and explained why. I hired him off craigslist

Then we reward poor people for having kids. I dated his mexican girl who had 3 sisters, one who worked a normal job and two who did nothing and collected checks. Each had 4 kids, one joked about how one of her kids was "crazy" and that meant more money from the government, to the tune of $600/month. How ridiculous is it that we're paying people to have more kids, really wtf, why are these low income earners populating more and more kids to throw on the streets, uneducated. I don't know know one of my parents friends with over 3 kids and they can all afford it easily, so what makes these people on dead end jobs feel the need to have more and more kids........because we pay them to!

8. Nook

Nook Member

I am not being defensive, I responded to your claim I wanted to stifle conversation.

I don't give a **** what his dad, my dad or your dad accomplished, it has nothing to do with the OP and the perspective the OP has. The OP's father can post and then it would have some relevance. The facts are that the OP has a mother that is a surgeon, a father that is a multimillionaire and had never attended a public school. Thus, his ability to relate is pretty damn limited.

Was buring for some grub from Alinea, but apparently it is closed on Tuesday.... WTF.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

someone's got himself a backslapping cheerleading section!

10. Major

Major Member

For all your supposed education, your ability to fall for and repeat nonsensical political propaganda is astounding.

11. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Well when Joe Biden books half the best hotel in paris for him and his staffers I begin to question wtf is going on.

Really I didn't know the government needed the same 5 star service that a millionaire would receive. They preach and preach about being for the little guy, yet they live like one of the bigwigs.

12. Major

Major Member

You may be questioning things, but you do a terrible job of trying to actually find answers.

13. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

the fact is both grew up in terrible poverty with cab driver fathers in india. They never once said it wasn't possible to move up like the lower class americans here. When they came here the businesses were still owned by rich people who oddly didn't suppress them with the low wages they earned working back then. It's just poor people today feel it's a struggle, but for my parents it was a struggle but they sucked it up and did what had to be done. My dad couldn't have made it on his own without his brother being his partner and them merging assets to open a business. Why can't a pack of 3-4 minimum wage workers pool their money and put it to work? Because the answer is they don't care. Poor indians come here with one goal to do whatever it takes to make money to support their family. Poor americans just do the least amount of work possible to continue on through life

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

don't forget teachers.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, those are some powerful stats. Powerful and depressing...

I've always thought this is what it all comes down to. Too many people underestimate the importance of having (and later, being) a good dad.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kinda wish someone would burst in on him at his computer / Crackberry and blowdart his neck in mid-type:

"yeah I hate Sharpton he's so black I'm so white isn't that great, I love impunity (thanks dictionary.com!), these people need to quit commiting crimes, everything's so simple, life is easier when you don't have to think..."

door crashes open THUMP!

THWIFF! goes the dart

"...ow! anyway, like I was saaaaaaaaaaaa............"

And he wakes up with

QWERTY
    ASDFGH
    ZXCVB

imprinted on his face.

"Wha' hapnd?"

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

why the anger? Bc I grew up watching two people who went from poverty to success succeed even though you all seem to side with the poor that it's impossible to move up and those horrible rich people are to blame!

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Great comments eddiwinslow, big text and art v.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Again.... YOU did not do those things, your parents did... so your opinions and comments are really irrelevant. If YOU did those things then perhaps your perspective would atleast have some anecdotal relevance.......

My father was in Vietnam, does that make my opinion on the military relevant? NO.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This thread is full of awesome. LOL