1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Breaking Bad as good as they say?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Feb 18, 2014.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why do you want to go in with super high expectations? If you build it up to the best thing ever in your mind you can only be dissapointed.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

45 minutes without commercials.

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It is a very, very good show. That being said, I didn't care whether any of the main characters lived or died by the very end (last episode). I'm probably in the exteme minority, though.

Is it a great show? Absolutely, I'd put it at #2 all-time drama series behind The Wire.

4. BonziWellsGOAT

Thats actually a really good point. I guess its more of I just want to know if its worth my time. Seems to be the case though

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It's better watching a show you don't expect or know its going to do that well, than to watch a show that you've heard lots of hype about.

People that haven't seen breaking bad yet are going in with a mindset that this one of the greatest shows in. TV history. With such high expectations, it's hard to deliver that in a few episodes.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Stick with it. If it's not worth your time, then no tv show is.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure I agree. If you watch a show that you know is getting acclaim like Breaking Bad/The Wire/Game of Thrones/etc., you know you're watching some of the best TV has to offer. The odds of disappointment are much greater watching a show that you don't hear about or expect much from, because odds are that's because the show isn't that great to begin with.

8. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I started BB when it was in its 2nd or 3rd season. It had a tremendous amount of hype and I had some level of expectations going into it.

It still blew me away.

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This was my favorite show of all time. If you enjoy no holds barred dark drama, you will enjoy this show. Be prepared there is drug use, prostitution, cold blooded murder etc. I don't want to give you to much but this show is awesome.

There is few people who I know that could not get into this show. Usually girls who can't handle how dark and ruthless and realistic the show can be at times.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

That's it. After work today im gonna start watching it.

Cue It's Happening gif.

11. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, I thought you were watching GOT season 3.. Don't ever turn your back on a Lannister!!!!

12. delishman

delishman Member

Wasn't a huge fan but you gotta give props where props are due.. top 5-10 series of all time.

Still think it fell victim to the over hype train. It was so good it drew in a lot of people who rarely committed to serious shows (for good and bad.)

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

house of cards makes the meth game seem like child's play :p

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Best show ever

15. BonziWellsGOAT

Ok youre right.....I got a little too excited.

First things first.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

There's something about watching a show from the start, before all the hype builds. It's special, I don't know why. Like being a fan of a band before they make it big. But I'm different, I prefer to form my own opinion before seeking recommendations. There is nobody that knows what you like better, than yourself.

17. The Boz

The Boz Member

Is Breaking Bad as good as they say? Yes. I also recommend watching The Shield if you haven't seen it.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I heard it was good since the first season.

Watched the first episode, then waited a couple years later to watch the next 3.

Then waited another year to watch more. The pacing had something to do with it as I did the same with The Wire.

I like to watch shows only when it's about to end so I can get other people's opinions (friends and family) on if it's worth investing. I haven't seen Heroes at all even if people swear how epic the first season was.

Moral of the story: I think this question's moot because no one's telling you to watch all or nothing. With your own TV addled mind, you can make your own informed decision after 5-10 episode...

I mean shoot, the series is over. There are a lot of fans, and no cluster**** threads about how ****ty the ending was.

Have you heard of Lost? That's a thread topic for opinions I wouldn't mind starting if I've never watched it...

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Definitely, but because BB is longer there's a lot more character development; you become invested in the character so the stakes feel higher (even if they really aren't).

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

No, it's better than they say.