1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ERC

ERC Member

You do know that Rondo can't shoot, right? Career 24% from 3's and 62% from the charity stripe. You'll need 2 basketballs to play Rondo and Harden together.

2. ILoveWhiteGirls

Those crazy Asian fans in ASIA!!!!

3. New

Let's get the fact straight: Reggie scored 15 of his 23 when AB is on the court. Would you mind explain what evidence you have to support that Lin struggled against Reggie.

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

And Brooks had no hand in Jackson's run?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Really? Why don't you go get the facts straight and try again.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Someone answer me GODDAMMIT!!!!!

7. CometsWin

Who had a hand in Lin's uninspired, turd of a performance against a back up point guard? Is that McHale's fault or Brooks's fault or maybe the beer vendor's fault?

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

All you can do is laugh. Anyway I'm pretty sure that Asians that actually watch basketball either voted for Chris Paul, someone on their favorite team or just didn't vote at all.

9. NoWorries

NoWorries New Member

It was Lin's fault. He was playing with a lack of confidence and it showed. However, Lin didn't lose to only Reggie Jackson... the entire opposing team was doing a very good job of putting pressure and limiting drives / guard penetration.
    Also, Reggie scored most of his points on AB (from what I could see)

I still don't believe that Lin should get the starting position though. Lin caves in to added pressure too often... starts making bad decisions, loses his aggression. Plus, he is better suited leading the 2nd team than Beverley.

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

I'm not gonna ask again am I?

11. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Nah, they voted for Kobe.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I LUV EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DEAL!!!

We need to ask ourselves as fans, "Do Alexander and/or Morey want to win a Championship or Make Money?" If they want to win a Championship, you make this trade all day everyday and then on Sunday but if not, we know it's about money.

Rondo is a leader, a floor general, and he has been to the Championship, Conference finals, played with future HOF's and to top it off, he's only 28!! That trade would be a steal.

But where ever Lin goes, there will be a large following, which equals money!

I think by the trade deadline, we will have our answer

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

What was Harden's stat line in he second half again???
    THEY WERE ALL TURDS NOT JUST LIN.

14. steady

steady Member

Really? Of all the things to take away from the game, you choose Lin??

At around the 8 minute mark of 3Q when AB subbed for Lin, the Rockets still had a 10 point lead. Lin was kept out for the next 12 minutes, and during those 12 minutes, there was an 18 point swing.

Lin was put back in with only 4 minutes left in the game, the Thunder leading by 8, the Rockets in disarray, and Lin being totally cold from having sat for 12 minutes.

But yeah, that second half was definitely Lin's fault.:rolleyes:

15. ILoveWhiteGirls

Keep in mind Lin only had 1 TO but please take that with a grain of salt and where's my video of Lin blocking Durant????

16. CometsWin

Unlike Harden, everyone is to blame for Lin's play except Lin. When Harden plays like a turd, Harden gets the heat for it. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

In fact, I started a thread to talk about Harden's play where I lay the blame on Harden. Not McHale, not Casspi, not Lin, not Howard, or Morey, or Clutch the bear but Harden.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=247827&highlight=Harden

17. Nook

Nook Member

Charlie Rosen was on the radio stating that Reggie Jackson was going through Lin like a stadium turnstile.

18. CometsWin

Nope in fact I expressly said despite the loss I chuckled about it. I can quote myself if you need me to but carry on with the McHale froze Jeremy Lin thing. It's always someone else putting the chains on Jeremy Lin.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Howard, Rondo, Jones all in the game at crunch time in the 4th quarter, what could possibly go wrong.... Oops looks like someone was fouled and going to the line, game over, Rockets lose.

20. steady

steady Member

Got it. I missed your earlier posts, and thread about Harden.

Not saying that Jeremy doesn't deserve the blame sometimes, this game is just not one of them.