1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

I dont see how anyone can predict this either way. Heart says miami in 6. If its a game 7, its anyones game

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

His averages look nice, but he has disappeared for long stretches this postseason. He has put very few complete games together, and for Miami to win this series he has to play great every night.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The only game he disappeared prior to the entire first half of every Celtic game was game 3 v. the Pacers.

It's obvious Wade is struggling, but Boston threw the sink at him defensively. OKC will guard him primarily with Thabo with single coverage. Let's see how Wade responds v. man defense. He should have a better series offensively v. OKC than v. Boston though. How much better? We'll see.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Is it Tuesday yet?

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think Wade explodes in this series. He's going to have some nice games. Boston suffocated him with that double team and he'll have some breathing room in against Okc. Look for wade to have some big games and probably average 25-30 points per game.

I'm changing my prediction from Okc in 7 to Miami in 6. I think Miami takes the first game, in Okc. That 2-3-2 is going to hurt Okc playing 3 in a row in Miami, but I see OKC getting the first one in Miami and then Miami wakes up and closes them out.

Game 1: Miami
    Game 2: Okc
    Game 3: Okc
    Game 4: Miami
    Game 5: Miami
    Game 6: Miami
    Game 7: Not Necessary

Miami: World Champs

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the Celtics series still counts. We don't just wipe it off the record and I'm sure the Thunder coaches took notes on what Boston did to him.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

OKC doesn't double guys though. OKC has the athleticism to match guys straight up, so they'll play Wade straight up. But if Wade doesn't step up, his reputation will drop like an anvil. He's been regarded as a "role player" by most during the Celtics series.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

This really comes down to X factors.... Bosh vs. Harden

Ill take OKC in 6

9. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Lebron will be great and so will Durant. We saw this when they played each other. Both will play great no matter what. Lebron will beat him earlier and Durant will play better late. Westbrook will be okay, he has to play smart. Wade will play okay, but he has Thabo on him. Thabo is easily a better defender than Battier. Harden will play great in my opinion. Bosh will play okay, but will get banged up and will be played physical by Perkins, Ibaka and Collison. He's going to have a long series. But, then OKC's bench is better. They have Harden, Fisher with his leadership, clutchness ans shooting. Ibaka, Nazr. OKC is deeper and has the home court advantage. And, OKC is playing veery smart right now, while Lebron is having to play almost the whole game for that Celtics series. OKC in 6. They will that Game 6 at home.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Thunder will take it in 6 or 7. Lebron's vagina will be exposed.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OKC in 7.

I go with them mainly because I want them to win. I want them to win for a few reasons:

1. Always been a Durant, UT fan
    2. I like Perkins cuz he's from Texas
    3. I want a beard like James Harden
    and 4. I want to see what happens to the Heat if they lose

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

They won't do much. Maybe a new coach and a few more role players.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I could see them getting Steve Nash if both sides could agree on a monetary value. Even if Nash comes off the bench, that would make the Heat amazing. Even if James / Wade decide to take the ball up the floor, the defense will swarm to their penetration, perhaps leaving Nash wide open for 3s.

And unlike Battier / Miller / everyone else, Nash's shot will actually be accurate.

14. 713

713 Member

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I don't think Nash can help the Heat much. They already have 3 guys who's capable of create plays. Lebron and Wade can both run their team offence just fine.

If they care about winning a championship, they need to invest heavily on roll players who have:
    1, the ability to hit open shots.
    2, strong defense.

Nash can't defend. The Suns of him and Amare (who can't defend either) were never able to succeed in the playoffs.

With 3 max-contract players their team salaries are already very tight. If anything they should save the money they have left for a decent defensive center.

16. amaru

amaru Member

And the Rox will still be treading water "rebuilding while competing" :rolleyes:

17. amaru

amaru Member

OKC in 6 or 7 depending on if MIA's others show up.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

:(

Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal are betting on OKC in 6.

I'd like to change my pick to Miami in 4.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

OKC is about to give Miami a lesson in team basketball (except for Westbrook but he'll be good for two 35+ eruptions in the series).

20. VBG

VBG Member

I don't see OKC losing a game at home.