1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[downfall] O'Reilly in sex scandal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How ridiculous does O'Reilly's bank account look now?

I'd say about 8 figures less ridiculous than it looked yesterday.

Anyway, people now know that the guy whacks off with a vibrator, inter alia.

I'd say that qualifies as being taken down a few pegs.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

so if someone sued you for sexual harrassment and you were totally innocent, you would settle?

3. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I like the part where he rubs the falafel on her.

4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Taken down a few pegs? I'd say that makes him a total hypocrite, he totally blasted Bill Clinton and Kobe Bryant. This is why people shouldn't judge other people until they really look at themselves in the mirror and realize that they're kinda screwed up too.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

mas O'Reilly settlement quotes:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20041029/D86197HG0.html

Citing his wish to shield his family, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly settled a harassment lawsuit brought by a former producer accusing him of graphically discussing sex with her.

"This brutal ordeal is now officially over, and I will never speak of it again," O'Reilly said on Thursday night's edition of his talk show, "The O'Reilly Factor."

"This matter has caused enormous pain, but I had to protect my family, and I did," O'Reilly, whose ratings have gone up 30 percent since the lawsuits were filed, told his viewers Thursday. "All I can say to you is please do not believe everything you hear and read."

"If I have to go down, I'm willing to do it," he said just after the suits were filed. "I'm going to take a stand. I'm a big mouth on the air and I'm a big mouth off the air."

He called the case "the single most evil thing I have ever experienced, and I've seen a lot. But these people picked the wrong guy."

6. SamFisher

See? O'Reilly's willing to give as much as he hopes to get.....:p

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I worked with a girl at a company called Digital Anvil that was looking for any little thing to sue about.

This sounds a lot like what we experienced.

She-Woman man haters club.

DD

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

His ratings have gone up 30% since the lawsuits were filed. Sorry libs, looks like you were dead wrong about that one! Dead wrong.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

But SamFisher said this was O'Reilly's downfall! It must be true! Oh wait... No cred...

Sorry Sam, but changing the subject to the bank account does not forgive you for SWINGING AND MISSING on the thread title. You said downfall and you were simply wrong. It happens to you quite a bit, so you should know how to cope. Poor Sammy...

10. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Never thought this would bring down O'Reilly...Moral issues are only issues when the immorality is coming from the Left.

The right which is so sanctimonious when someone on the left bank of the political spectrum is a pot smoker, or draft dodger, weenie wagger etc...easily overlooks such flaws in a card carrying righty.

11. SamFisher

Jorge and Texxx:

I am glad that you guys have come out strongly in favor of male vibrator-assisted telemasturbation. With your continued assurances, people like Bill O'Reilly won't be afraid to come out of the closet. In fact, I'm sure it will do wonders for both the sales of his Children's book as well as his proposed Senate run vs. Hilary Clinton. I look forward to his candidacy so that we can revisit this important social issue and philandering Dildophonosexuals will be able to lecture people from the moral high ground as God intended. This is probaly the best thing to ever happen to him.

Gentlemen, start your pocket rockets!

12. bigtexxx

Interesting that an alleged lawyer such as yourself would consider somebody to be guilty when he was never proven so in a court of law. Must I once again break out the Jump to Conclusions Mat?

Your attempt at humor is proof positive that you know you're wrong. Thanks for admitting as much.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Well, I'm sure that before this O'reilly business, if somebody asked you two whether or not Michael Jackson had molested any kids you would have said no. Also, I'm sure you guys have never believed that OJ was guilty either.

14. SamFisher

Interesting, actually, not interesting, predictable, really, that you would confuse the presumption of innocence in a criminal trial with the incidence of a civil lawsuit. Using a vibrator is not a crime, texxx.

15. bigtexxx

Help out a non-lawyer here, Shamuel. Is sexual harrassment a crime? I wanted to quote your own words to help you out a bit.

16. SamFisher

No, of course it's not, and I never said it was. Are you sure you're just a "non lawyer"? Because it seems like you're a non-reader.