1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[downfall] O'Reilly in sex scandal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I just read this complaint and it looks like he is busted big time, this thing is very detailed -- the long block quotes seem to indicate that they have him on tape -- in which case he is screwed, bad. THis will cost him millions and millions and possibly his job.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris1.html

A lot of this is very explicit, so if you're delicate, don't read.

Anyway, it confounds me that guys still do this. If you are rich and horny, get a freaking hooker or go to a strip club -- less fuss in the long run, don't sexually haraass one of your employees - that is just such a bad decision as well as wrong.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

between this and the Married By America fine, FOX is having as bad a week as CBS did last month

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Wow :eek:

Very interesting, does look likes he busted

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Oooh, I need to fix a sandwhich and sit down and read this bad boy.

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Here's a quick sample

It became clear that he was using the vibrator upon himself

:eek: :D

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This is funny, and a bit creepy (page 12):

Sexual harrassment ain't bright, but David Smith (CEO of Sinclair Broadcasting) has had his problems with hookers too.

Family Values.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hope she got tape of all of their phone conservations. If so, won't be long before they make their way to P2Ps :eek: O'Reilly has been blessed with an interesting life.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Dude...

I'm going to have to read this at home tonight. I always knew 'forehead boy' was a hypocrite. I can't stand that goblin. I hope he goes down Jimmy The Greek style.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

"was charged with committing an unnatural and perverted sex act"

Damn, Fox should have video taped the whole thing and cranked out a pixelated reality TV show.

10. Buck Turgidson

37. When Plaintiff responded that she had never engaged in oral sex, Defendent BILL O'REILLY professed disbelief, and told her that the sexual stories he told were all based upon his own experiences, such as when he received a massage in a cabana in Bali and the "little short brown woman" asked to see his penis and was "amazed."

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So, if I become a lawyer, I can sign things with the title "Esquire?"

Oski2005 Esq

12. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The funniest thing is that the biggest press coverage is for O'Reilly's suit against her. I think that passes for fair and balanced.:rolleyes:
    I believe Fox will do nothing to O'Reilly no matter what. He's still a loyal hatchet man, just like the guys who posted the satire stories on their web page.

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

The No Spin Zone

Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America

By Bill O'Reilly

Review by B.D. Gorra

One of the reasons I can't get enough of Bill O'Reilly is because he has the inborn gift of seeing and telling reality as it is. He cuts to the quick of the matter and his nonsense detector is always on. That in itself makes O'Reilly a good role model. It is for these reasons that he is hated by those who live their lives based on fear, irrational feelings and the desire for "big daddy government" to take care of them from birth to death.

In The No Spin Zone, O'Reilly teaches what he believes are some of our great American values: common sense, decency, pride, self-respect, individual choice and compassion. He also illuminates some values that are not so great: lies, rationalizations, equivocation, perjury, spin, self-centeredness and not taking responsibility for one's actions or life. And he does all this through confrontations with some of the most powerful and famous personalities in America.

According to O'Reilly, Americans deserve honest national leaders who will call a spade a spade. Individual responsibility should go without saying, but, O'Reilly bemoans, it has to be said, again and again. Individual judgment must be returned to its proper place to restore a civilized society from the sewer of relativism and political correctness that has held our nation hostage for the last generation.

O'Reilly is against the lack of guilt, the lack of remorse, and the lack of outrage some individuals exhibit while stealing, cheating, spinning the truth, or blaming others for their shortcomings. He is disgusted with despicable public morality and the lack of responsibility for individual misbehavior. He is against the media's non-judgmental acceptance of uncivilized behavior; that is, the kind of "openness and tolerance" which lead to adults having sex with children and other bizarre behavior. These are not, he writes, psychologically healthy American values.

Values, according to O'Reilly, come in two forms. Those you hold near and dear and which are important to you are positive values, and those that repulse you and keep you from embracing them are negative values known as disvalues. Some of O'Reilly's disvalues include bleeding heart liberals, thuggish rappers, the death penalty (he considers it too lenient a punishment), the U.S. government's tax-money shell game, our outrageously punitive tax system, government waste, fraud, and incompetence, and the apathy by which most of these disvalues permeate our society.

O'Reilly calls for courageous parenting. Parents need to teach their children how to repel mindless propaganda, and need to exercise discipline while striving for their goals. He believes that parents have the responsibility to provide children with a calm environment and plenty of focused attention. Children, he writes, get first priority over your job or career when trouble arises. And for goodness' sake, don't have children if you're not going to raise them.

Forty percent of one's life work, O'Reilly writes, goes to pay taxes. That's three hours out of every eight-hour workday that is redistributed to someone unmotivated to be self-responsible - and that is an outrage to O'Reilly. He points out that there is no agency watching how our money is spent, that there is no one accountable. Just how much abuse will Americans stand for?

O'Reilly believes the waste of our hard-earned tax dollars is the single most scandalous behavior in American politics from both the left and the right. He says he is deeply offended by the callous disregard politicians have for our money. The entitlement culture has failed, he says, and trillions of tax dollars have been wasted on programs that sounded good. Welfare has failed, public housing is in shambles, public education is a mess, and the poverty rate remains unchanged.

In this book, O'Reilly invites you to create your own personal No Spin Zone, and gives you a list of thirteen values to help you do so, so that you can participate in cleaning up the mess. He says the Zone is a code, a lifestyle, a complete no-frills thought process.

O'Reilly is unafraid of telling the truth, doesn't give a fig about what others will think of him, and is willing to work through each problem until he finds a reasonable solution. This makes him an innovator as well as one of our premiere philosophers of ethics and morals.

Read this book and revive the values you've been suppressing. Your life will be energized and you can include yourself among those Americans who make a difference. Values, ethics and morals... it's what the non-material life is all about.

B.D. Gorra, a lover of philosophy since childhood, was once on the staff of former U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater. A graduate of George Mason University, she is passionate about politics, ideas and innovations.

L

14. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Dude, why do you think I'm in law school?!

:D

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You may call me "Esquire" from now on.

"Your Honor" is fine as well.

Thank you.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Fox's O'Reilly Sues Over Alleged Extortion Scheme

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly sued one of his associate producers and her lawyer on Wednesday, alleging they threatened him with a high profile sexual harassment case unless he and Fox paid $60 million in "hush money."

The conservative commentator, who is seeking unspecified damages, states his reputation has been damaged and that the scheme has caused him to suffer "great mental strain, anguish and severe emotional distress."

O'Reilly along with Fox News Network filed the suit in New York State Supreme Court in Nassau County. The network is part of the Fox Entertainment Group which is controlled by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

Benedict Morelli, the lawyer named as a defendant in the case, did not immediately return phone calls. The associate producer, Andrea Mackris, still works at Fox but could not be reached for comment. Her voice mail recording identified her as an associate producer of "The O'Reilly Factor."

The suit states that Mackris began working as an associate producer on the program in April 2000. She left for a few months earlier this year to work for CNN but returned to Fox in July.

Although Mackris had never previously complained to anyone in authority at Fox about sexual harassment by O'Reilly, last month her lawyer began threatening to sue Fox over offensive statements made to her, the suit said.

During a meeting Morelli had with Fox and News Corp representatives, he showed them a draft of the complaint containing lengthy quotes that came from O'Reilly. The suit charged that the length of the quotes and the "specific verbiage" made it appear that Mackris had taped O'Reilly.

Morelli demanded $60 million in "hush money to keep quiet," according to the suit.

Fox and O'Reilly charged in their suit that the defendants' actions were motivated by greed and Morelli's Democratic political connections.

Reuters

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That was a pre-emptive strike attempt of limited value. I'm sorry but somehow that story isn't quite as juicy as the felafel.

What he calls extortion is actually a settlement negotiation prior to filing suit to offer him the chance to make it go away w/o publicity.

He should have taken them up on it. I would bet his lawyers advised him to but he overrode them (like he did with Al Franken, supposedly) I bet he could have bought his way out with 20 m, maybe even 15 after some negotiating.

Those tapes, if htey exist, are devestating evidence in front of a jury, simply devestating. Clarence Darrow could not get him out of that.

18. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I read both her complaint and O'Reilly's. Based on the detailed quotes, it's a good bet she got that loser on tape. He is an idiot for sure.

The plaintiff doesn't come off so great either. She was no "young intern," never filed a complaint, and went back to work for the jerk after she left. It's not clear to me what her damage claim is.

They deserve each other.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Wow.....that is rather disgusting. Hopefully I won't have to hear his arrogant, ignorant opinons anymore.

Cod

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

What happened in the Al Franken situation?