1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another last minute trump pitch to gain votes... SMH, he is so envious of President Obama, who will live forever rent free in trump's mind...

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

DVauthrin, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

On so many levels...

London'sBurning likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

trump and his supporters...

Biden campaign cancels Austin rally; Trump supporters reportedly harass bus on I-35
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/bi...rump-supporters-reportedly-harass-bus-on-i-35

No Worries likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"The suggestion is ... a malicious, outrageous, and completely misguided charge."

from a regular joe

but from a sitting president is 100 X worse

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

daywalker02 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At yesterday's Biden rally in St. Paul there were Trump supporters outside trying to disrupt it. Jason Lewis Republican who is running for Senate encouraged supporters to go and protest outside the rally.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Maybe it's just Halloween but I am feeling nervous about this election. I can't figure out what Trump's strategy is as he's not expanding the vote and there doesn't look like enough of a hidden vote out there. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on some big stunt Trump and supporting state governments do on election day that tilts the election to him.

9. biina

biina Member

First thing is to give the GOP a taste of their own medicine, then we can talk about reform . Else the GOP will continue to be obstriunists, with the politicizied judiciary as an accomplice, biding their time for the next time enough people are stupid to give them power. Just thinking about what the last 3 GOP presidents ( Bush & Son + Trump) have done to this country should be enough to ban future ones.

As reform goes, I would say there are 3 parts
    - Reform the electoral process to eliminate voter suppression and disenfranchisement, and minimize gerrymandering. Incumbent state government overseeing their own elections is just wrong e.g. Kemp presiding over an election he is contesting in
    - Overhaul the judiciary and depoliticize it. Not sure how that could be achieved but likely needs to be done outside of the political process.
    - Improve the education of the electorate. There is too much ignorance among the US electorate, so much that people like Trump and many others can BS their way into power by simply reciting a few cliche lines.

joshuaao, daywalker02, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

trump's traveling superspreader events... not only does he lie about COVID-19, but he intentionally is causing it to spread, all to get reelected...

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

If Biden wins GA it'll be because of the black vote. If he wins NC it'll be because students came out in drones to vote for him, Students in NC are estimated to have 18% of the EV currently which is the highest ever.

joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and Nook like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think that was supposed to be the Hunter Biden Rudy G Wikileaks 2.0 scam.

It was reported in the NYT yesterday from admin officials off the record what they believe Trump is prepared for.

1. Election Day organizing to disrupt polling places from Trump supporters. They are trying to get some sort of big chaotic scene that makes the news and disrupt the polls. Violence... probable but not likely that extreme.

2. Late in night after results look favorable to Biden- they believe Russia or NK will leave enough of a hack trail to where Trump makes a big stink and tries to claim the election was hacked and the remaining states should not certify. Look out for DNI Ratcliff to play a staring role here in an Nov 4 announcement.

3. Use courts to stop vote counting if Trump is up. This one should be obvious to everyone.

4. 12th amendment push: via DNI/Trump admin campaign to put pressure and through favorable court action from Trump judges, there will be a HUGE push to heavy handily try and force states to not certify election results if Biden is looking like the winner. For this to work, a lot of things need to happen to force Nancy Pelosi to hold that vote, and if somehow the Dems can flip a few seats AND get those House members seated before February, that could take this card out of Trumps hand. The down ballot in states like Texas this year is SUPER important for this reason.

I think we should just assume these are actions Trump is planning on taking. I think Biden’s camp is prepared for it, and I’m sure Pelosi is prepared for it on her end. What nobody has control of is how badly the states, the courts, the intelligence officials, and the Repubs in Congress want to go along with an obvious attempt at stealing an election in plain sight.

I believe that as long as they can spin it, and get the help of FoxNews to spin it and condition their viewers, they’ll do everything they can to help Trump in these areas and allow him dictatorial power that they can spin as fair Democracy.

But I do want everyone to be clear here that what Trump is going to try to do is actually going to be very very hard to pull off and he would have been much smarter and it would have been sooo much easier to just act like a normal president and at least acted like he cared about the pandemic for 2 seconds and tried to just win the election instead of trying to steal it which is soooo much harder than the Easy thing which is to just win by being a normal Republican with some sprinkled in Trump nonsense.

jiggyfly, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I just saw one of those Trump/QAnon/Pence car parades. Talk about about losers and suckers.......

Nook and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

A lot of that is happening already.

My fear is that the election in several states will be close enough that such shenanigans can work.

AleksandarN, Nook, dobro1229 and 2 others like this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't think he wants to win. He said as much at the rally about trucks. He wants to create as much red outrage as possible to support Trump TV. He can make a lot more money, and can say all the crazy he wants... The crazier the better for higher ratings. I think he wants to crush Murdoch and Fox News for their betrayal. And be as rich. He's going need a lot of cash flow to cover his outstanding real estate debts, or another source of wealth when they fail. Plus, it will provide jobs and celebrity for Jr. And Ivanka.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hang in there. Just a few more days and doom or not, you will know :p

On a serious note. Kinda late with about 60% already voted. He could still, but quite ill timed. What I have seen is it's the same ole same ole - he even brought back the ghost of Clinton to run against.

If you think about Covid, what’s was his strategy to handle that? How is that helping him in this election? I'm sure he got very smart people working his re-election campaign, but I'm also quite sure he's making their job 10x harder, like how he's making all the people at HHS job 10x harder.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I also get the feeling that the Repubs will try and do exactly what they're accusing Dems of doing in the past: filling out ballots for dead people, people's dogs, multiple ballots, etc. Hell, Trump openly encouraged this.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deleted

#5999 FranchiseBlade, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

An aspirational interlude;

As I walk through this wicked world
    Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity
    I ask myself, "Is all hope lost?
    Is there only pain and hatred and misery?"
    And each time I feel like this inside
    There's one thing I wanna know
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
    And as I walk on through troubled times
    My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
    So where are the strong and who are the trusted?
    And where is the harmony, sweet harmony?
    'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away
    Just makes me wanna cry

#6000 Dubious, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.