1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Or maybe have the opposite effect

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is more data on what many already suspected a few months ago. A single dose might not be enough. At least 2 or even more per year.

Here is another thing that American should know. Trump and co. places ALL of their bet in one basket - the vaccine. What if it takes 1 yr to vaccinate enough people? What if it fails? What if it takes another 3 years? That’s the type of mindless stupid unnecessary gamble this admin has taken. It didn’t have to be this way. Many steps could have been used as a stop gap. We could already have a fully national test, trace and isolation system in place by now, an investment not just for this health emergency but that will pay off again and again for future outbreaks.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The idea of herd immunity to covid is apparently harder to get rid of than the virus itself.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah how could they take it seriously? That jack hole left the hospital, took a ride in the car for some pub. Still not wearing a mask now because he’s “immune, I don’t know, for how long”

I just can’t wait until after Nov. 3rd so we can start looking at the big picture again. Just hope it’s not with that dude in it.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that @T_Man had and that he never had it...probably had the flu and figured he’d gain some sympathy by saying it was COVID.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If he didn’t have it, I think he was trying to sway people into thinking that it’s not serious. In his mind maybe it would sway voters as well.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Y'all, I totally get disbelieving a lying liar, but think about this.

If his diagnosis was false, you had Kelly Anne fake coughing around the house for her daughter. You had a bunch of people, multiple senators, a university president, folks in his orbit faking their diagnoses, and Christie faking the need for five days in a hospital. LOL. It's just not feasible.

And they never wanted the news out. Bloomberg broke the story on Hope Hicks.

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

That’s the hard part, I agree, but I do question him having it and for how long. If he did have it, I think he did the debate with Biden and may have hoped Biden caught it.

I guess the problem is not knowing what to believe and not to believe with this administration. Just completely dishonest on multiple levels to an extent that I don’t think we’ve come close to from a presidential standard...maybe Nixon, but this seems much worse.

The fact that they’ve convinced so many to support them at this point blows my mind. They are literally killing people now...not even trying to hide it...and the people they are killing still support them. Just baffles me.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He never had it....

He knew the people around him had and he tried to do a con on people... But his freaking ego wouldn't let him hold his character and play the role...

T_Man

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well he took something for his crazy ass tweet storm.

It makes less sense for him to claim to have it given how bad the WH is and was a health hazard just being there at the time. He opened himself up to a world of embarrassment that he was forced to gaslight and double down.

His polls dropped after the first debate and the news of infection didn't help it up one bit.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The one trump might fear more than losing is the appearance of physical weakness. He is allergic to being seen as sick. Pump me those steroid and let me get out of here for a masculine boosting ride.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. T_Man

He was catching Hell after that debate and so many other things... He needed two things to happen..

1. Get out of the next debate
    2. Get people in another story..

The fake virus BS did just that... You didn't hear anymore talk about his debt or taxes and he got out of the debate..

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That is the one didn’t want. Having the virus is the last trump wanted people to talk about. You could tell as he is running away from talking about every chance he can get. Heck he is running away from his responsibilities of dealing with the virus as we speak.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. T_Man

Actually Trump is not running from people who say he had the virus... Hes acting like he's superman or invincible... which is a total crap...

He's running away from talking about others catching the virus..

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I like how 9/11 is Obama/Biden, but surprised the bar is so low

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  17. PeppermintCandy

I don't get it. Is that a real chart from the WH?

Literally, up is down and down is up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. PeppermintCandy

It's pretty obvious, but Trump's not really that interested in finding the vaccine or alleviating people' misery. He just wants his followers to believe that the vaccine is "just around the corner." It's more about perception than reality.

That's also why Trump will be announcing his victory on election night, no matter what. It's just more reality TV for his followers.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

it's from the WH would you expect anything to look normal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's him and his bs. Removing him from the equation...

I think there is a good chance the vaccine is available in late 1Q 2021. There is also a (me throwing out #) 10% chance it's a flop and a 50% chance it will take another 6-9m for mass availability. The US isn't prepared for that flop and is also ill-prepared for another ~year of this. It's a massive needless gamble.

RayRay10 likes this.