1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t think that we are at a panic point yet. Close but not there yet. We needed Gordon to play at his best in the bubble but reality sucks and here we are. Moving Gordon is key to our future success and his value is lowest point ever. Forcing trades with overpays has gotten us here now. Our best bet is to wait or move Westbrook and / or Harden if someone is willing to overpay. Waiting is hard because I think our whole roster is nothing more than depreciating assets. The one thing we shouldn’t do is pay Tucker. If we choose to we will never recover from it. Tucker needs to play out his contract then move on or be traded for youth, now. His value is his contract. We are at a crossroads with the team and change is needed but we can’t just give it all away for the sake of movement. Hard times are ahead if we miss step on ANY moves over the next few seasons. The last few year’s transactions were not future success driven. I been asking for years now, if Morey was planning to quit being there is nothing left. Yet here we are.

saleem and rhee like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

House/Gordon/future 1st that is lotto protected for Hield and Richaun Holmes.

Give Ibaka MLE. Bring back Harty.

Ibaka/Holmes/
    Covington/Tucker
    Hield/Nwaba
    Harden/Bmac
    Russ/Clemons

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...YGVllSeLTS9mIf7Vh1epUPXnkNLglOPPYUyUyEtaHb3mI

DOES THIS INTEREST ANYONE??????

ROCKET RIVER
    Not I

Houston Rockets: Commence Teardown

1. The Trade: Houston Rockets acquire Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Rodions Kurucs, the No. 19 pick in 2020 and an unprotected first-round pick in 2022 from the Brooklyn Nets for James Harden.

Houston Rockets governor Tillman Fertita continues to profess a commitment to the team's (very expensive) roster, but it's difficult to escape the feeling that the dual exits of Mike D'Antoni and Daryl Morey portend significant changes.

Houston should most want to move Russell Westbrook's contract, but James Harden's would yield a bigger return. Brooklyn, revving up its pursuit of a third star to maximum overdrive, would get its man.

Forget fit. Forget defense. Forget the whole "there's only one ball" thing. The Nets have Harden, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant in this hypothetical. Yes, they've surrendered every valuable asset imaginable. But they might also have three-fifths of the East's starting five in the All-Star Game.

Houston would load up on reasonable deals and replenish some of the picks it coughed up to replace Chris Paul with Westbrook (big oops on that one). The Rockets, awash in assets, would still look competitive in this new form. And considering a deal of this magnitude would only go down if Harden makes it clear he wants out, the return would look good for the under-the-gun Rockets.

Vivi likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Brooklyn is definitely one of the destinations Harden would be ok with in an eventual trade scenario, but i don't really like what the Nets can trade, i mean, i like all those players (aside for Kurucs cause i haven't watch him much), but if i trade Harden i want at least one piece i can build around, a player or pick that has that franchise player potential, and between those players (imo Allen is the best piece) there's nothing even close to that so, yeah.

On a side note, not sure why but i have a feeling every trade idea i've been reading from espn etc in the last years, when it involves the Rockets it's always bad for Houston, maybe it's just a coincidence...

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I feel the same way
    Like they going to turn us in to the 2019 Nets

Rocket River

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

Unless Harden demands a trade, then he isn't being moved for a tasting platter. It would need to be for a cornerstone piece.

7. rockets13champs

Harden doesn’t look at himself as a #2. He won’t look at it that way until he declines. He isn’t joining a super team to be a #2 guy. If it’s a super team he wants to be THE guy

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

This needs to happen.

Again.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not me.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Nah...if I am trading Harden it’s for someone like Jamaal Murray, Bol Bol, Michael Porter, and picks (multiple) or a package of Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn, Kelly Olynyk, and draft picks (multiple draft picks).
    Obviously though those picks are going to be low. Harden alone is worth like 20 wins a season. You’re never going to get the same value back for Harden. At least not until he is past his prime. The Rockets are eventually going to have to make a decision though...is keeping Harden going to get them a championship or should they cut bait and build a new team to get them there.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

A good trade partner for a Harden trade could be NOLA, i'm sure the idea of pairing Harden and Zion would be super tempting for them, also cause that would probably mean they could be able to resign Holiday and have their big 3 already on the roster, and they have a lot of young interesting players lik Alexander Walker, Jaxson Hayes, Ingram, Lonzo, Frank Jackson, plus a lot of picks to move.

Now i don't know if Harden would be willing to play there, probabaly not, and i don't know if one of those players have star potential, personally i really like Alexander Walker, he isn't really athletic, but he's a SG that can score, shoot and pass really well, Hayes at worse should turn into Capela, but he has a higher ceiling, pretty sutre he already showed some sort of (raw) mid range shot last season.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden not going anywhere this season.

It would be the height of irresponsibility to trade away best player when new coach has yet to be hired, new GM yet to be fully transitioned and/or implement a brand new system with brand new core of players by start of next season in December.

Trades with Harden are futile for THIS upcoming season.

Much more likely that ANY trades involving Rockets will be with periphery players, at best.

And I would caution everyone to lower expectations for trades, love him or hate him, Morey was a horse trader of legendary ability and vision.

13. rockets13champs

Could we flip Gordon somehow for Atlanta’s 6 pick?

I feel like Spurs could trade Derozan pretty easily for that pick. Atlanta might not do it because he’s an expiring. So Gordon could net you that pick due to the draft being weak

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

tradenba.com says that yes it is possible. But I don't know why Atlanta would do it. They already have their overpaid veteran guard in Jeff Teague. If they overpay for another vet now, it would probably be a big (Al Horford sounds about right for them).

15. rockets13champs

Jeff Teague is entering free agency I thought and I hope he’s ready to take the vet min so we can use Austin Rivers bird rights in some deal

realistically Teague to clippers is inevitable

saleem likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not a chance imo, Huerter and Reddish will already take most of the minutes on the 2 and 3 spots, plus they'll likely have other picks from this year's draft to play and/or veterans...i just don't see why they would have any interest when they can probably sign a similar player for cheap in free agency, and they're definitely not moving the 6th pick to get Eric, they might actually ask for one to take on his contract.

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. rockets13champs

We don’t have an asset to add to our players. We NEED to KEEP our 2022 and 2023 picks

saleem and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ultimate dream trade:

https://tradenba.com/trades/oMEeJ-KIw

ORL: Russ Westbrook, Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Victor Poirer

Magic Starting 5: Russ, Dipo, Fournier, Okeke, Vuc

IND: Gordon Hayward, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Robert Williams, 2 Rockets FRP, cash

Pacers starting 5: Brogdon, EGo, Hayward, TJ, Sabonis

BOS: Myles Turner, Markelle Fultz, Al-Farouq Aminu, DJ Augustin, Doug McDermott

Celts starting 5: Tatum, Kemba, Brown, Aminu/Theis, Turner

HOU: Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac, Mo Bamba, Terrence Ross

Rockets starting 5: Harden, Smart, RoCo, AG, Isaac

Every team improves their roster - Magic become an Eastern power immediately with 3 legit All Stars and true 5 out spacing threat. Pacers and Celts balance their rosters and add missing firepower and vet depth for improved postseason run.

Rockets get longer, faster, younger, more athletic more versatile defensively to compete with Lakers, Nuggets, GSW and Clips.

Harden/MLE point
    Smart/Nwaba
    RoCo/TRoss
    AG/PJ
    Isaac/Bamba

Vet min signings: Jeff Green, Bruno Caboclo, Josh Jackson, Ryan Broekhoff

#1959 D-rock, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    lionaire likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We traded by far the best player in this exchange and had to give up 2 FRPs?

D-rock likes this.