1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why, "undesirable contract" has Russell Westbrook written all over it!!!

Little Bit likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Harden for either Embiid or Simmons.
    Then trade Westbrook

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Morey about to trade Thobias and Horford for Harden, Ego and Roco.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He might try that. He won’t succeed. Tilman is not that dumb.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. ilias

ilias Member

Harden + Covington for Embiid + Simmons works salary wise. Add picks as needed. Philly builds a real championship contender, Houston gets younger and still has a top tier team. Too radical to happen. Philly would rather send out Horford rather than Embiid.

PHI starters: Richardson, Harden, Covington, Harris, Horford

HOU starters: Westbrook, Gordon, Simmons, PJ, Embiid

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harden + Eric + PJ for Embiid + Simmons + Thybulle + 4 FRP

Trade Russ to anywhere for draft assets.

Blow it up.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Harden for Simmons has too much sense to not happen at some point...Harden is definitely going to ask for a trade, to either L.A or Philly i think, but Clippers and Lakers have nothing to offer.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

May be able to get away with 1 FRP but Tilly running show now, not Morey.

With Morey, Rockets might even get SRP from Magic.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden and Simmons would be Dream come true however.

Simmons is basically hybrid of Russ/Clint.

But better defender than both.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, but trying to think about it from Philly perspective eh, i don't really know who they should eventually decide to keep, cause like, Embiid is a center who can shoot so, on paper i think he would fit better then Simmons who's is basically a taller (and smarter Westbrook), but at the same time i also think Embiid isn't exactly that smart as a player, not saying he's on Cousins level, but i expected him to develop more in that aspect in the past few years and i don't think he did, like, at all. His long term health also worries me, he already got foot inujries, he was overweight last season...and considering that Philly also have Horford on the roster (someone Morey wanted here), i can see why they would trade Embiid and keep Simmons.

At the same time, for those same reasons, i would probably want Simmons back over Embiid if i'm the Rockets, i think.

D-rock likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Reposting, seems more realistic now

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

CP3 and Harden aren't playing together again.

15. jb86

jb86 Member

Y'all need to relax. We are not trading James or Russ. Its a simple fix. All we need to do is get a couple of Big man that can shoot and give at least average rebounding. Some of you guys trade ideas are bad.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All we need to do is teach Russ how to shoot threes at a 35% clip and we will win the championship.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Supposed insider in the Hawks forum posted this:

"NBA Draft Talks:

Min - MIN/ATL has been in talks for the #1 overall pick. This is pretty damn big information he got to me. Let's see where this goes but yes, Atlanta has been in talks for the #1 overall pick. I was told it will be slightly more costly than DAL/ATL and ATL/NO meaning 2021 or 2022 will be an unprotected pick, no protections. MIN has been reaching out to all of the top 8 teams and the interest just isn't there for a future 1st or their 2021 pick back.

GS - While talks to trade out of the 2nd overall pick is still ongoing, GS has narrowed down their big board to 6 players. S. Bey, Deni A., Wiseman, Ant, Ball, and Toppin. They aren't leaning to anyone right now. They are shopping MIN 2021 1st and Wiggins for an all-star center or excellent young center. They have been in contact with Indy and Orlando about their centers Turner, Sabonis, and Vucevic. He was told Indy wasn't that interested. It's just really hard for Indy to move into the top 3 without a legit All-Star or a lottery in general. If Indy had #11 and Turner, they could get #2 right now. He is saying this will be a tough play. He said GS/PHI have been in talks for Horford/Wiggins but the issue the 3rd team to give value to PHI for Wiggins. Wiggins seems like a blocker right now for GS. It seems like they are looking to do the best possible deal for them. Like Atlanta, they have been talking to EVERYBODY!

CHA - They are top to a big 4. Toppin, Wiseman, Ball, and Edwards with a strong lean to Wiseman then a lean-to Edwards which everyone is starting to confirm. He said he got laughed at on the phone when he asked if they read the Ringer's mock with CHA trading 2021 1st. He said CHA is fine at 3 and is not interesting in moving up unless the deal makes sense for both teams. There is talk that GS and CHA have talked about a trade where CHA takes on Wiggins to move up one spot and GS takes on Zeller. CHA is NOT interested in a trade of a future 1st. A trade could add a 2nd round pick from both sides. He confirmed that. Bonnell sadly can't get specifics but he can.

CHI - Looking at Ball, Hayes, Haliburton, and Deni. Nothing has really changed.

CLE - Edwards, Ball, Toppin, Deni, and Wiseman are their guys. I really like Okoro a lot which is where he could also go.

ATL - He only confirmed Atlanta will trade out of this pick. He thinks Atlanta is moving up but he's heard several think Atlanta is moving out of the 1st altogether.

DET - They are looking at lead guards but have a keen interest in Toppin if he falls.

NY - They are all over the place doing research on a lot of guys. They are looking to Okoro, Vassell, and Williams.

WAS - Okongwu seems to be the consensus but it depends who lands at #6 in place of Atlanta. If it's MIN, Toppin or Okongwu could be the pick which would mean WAS would be a tough spot.

PHO - Has looked to move up but there was no interest due to the assets that were available. He thinks they are a trade down team.

SA - It seems like they aren't willing to move White or Murray based on his recent findings. This will likely kill their ability to trade up.

SAC/NO - No details.

BOS - Is a team looking to move up but not too high. This is where #8 NY could come into play if the right guy drops. He was told that Haliburton or Okongwu has piqued their interest. "

D-rock likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

And this:

"The rest:

Brooklyn has been shopping #19 for an upgrade. He wasn't exactly told what the upgrade is but he thinks this is a Buddy Hield trade. Even with Hield, they still want to resign Joe Harris at all costs and don't give a damn about the LT.

Philly is targeting CP3 as well as the Clippers. Their willingness to trade #21 as their main asset and Horford has some value but LAC wants to be able to clear all of the cap room for CP3 and maybe even adding a young player or an asset in some manner. At the end of the day, CP3 will be able to choose where he goes.

OKC is shopping Steven Adams and I was told he is getting decent pull. They did target GS MIN 2021 1st but GS didn't view Adams as worth that picks on any level. There is still interest from GS in Adams nonetheless. The issue with OKC is they may have to take a late 1st for Adams and that might not be enough to move him for OKC but that's a better value than DET got for Drummond. Boston is considering him but his price tag is too high. Boston wants to resign Aron Baynes.

He is hearing the same thing others are about Gordon Hayward. He is looking to opt-out. He is looking to resign or find an SnT deal to Dallas. This one is Boston's to lose. He seems to want to resign but with more years and a less competitive market than 2021.

Nothing changed with the Clippers from what I've stated. He said everything is still the same. DeRozan wants to go back home to LA. There is odds of him getting that deal that appeals to him but I was told his market value is what LA wants to pay him which is 17-19 million which will make a well-paid 3rd to 4th option.

Clippers are targeting resigning Harrell, Green, and Morris. I was told they have an interest in Gallo, Baynes, and Grant. Even some interest in Wood. One of the big sales of Lue was his roster flexibility skills which both Leonard and Ballmer valued. Clippers are planning on keeping a lot of their core but there will be some major changes that is what he has continued to be told. It doesn't look great for PG13. He really rubs a lot of people the wrong way throughout the season and this isn't the 1st time as I mentioned.

Lakers are trying to maintain but they are looking to upgrade Green and Kuz. I was told this will be harder than it looks. Oladipo is their target but he's not going to be easy to land. They are looking for that 3rd option. I've heard LaVine is also a target but CHI has little interest.

Philly has been active, to say the least. They have been on the market for adding more talent. CP3 has been a player that they have been targeting but I was told it's not super likely. PHI has had talks with GS about Wiggins/Horford but they want a better 3rd player than Wiggins and GS 2021 1st isn't that attractive. They are also open to keeping the pick a lot more than Brooklyn is with their pick. Buddy Hield is a target as well. It's just Andrew Wiggins value is so low regardless of how GS wants to sell it.

Toronto was looking at major changes and was targeting guys like Harrell but things just changed. It became clear they focused on resigned FVV. They are looking at cheaper options and have faced the reality that making that major move might not be possible. While they are pitching the idea of getting Giannis, it will be difficult. They do have some options and have been fairly active on trades even with the Hawks but it's looking like they will maintain more than a wholesale change.

Dallas has been extremely active and really wants to be a player in the SnT market. The issue is, they don't have much value to offer anyone. They are trying to make it clear, they need to be a player for Giannis. I just don't hear the interest from Giannis side. It's either MIL, GS, LAL, MIA, or TOR. The talk that it's Dallas is just not there. That said, they want to be a player for Kawhi in 2021 as well.

Indy is in a tough place. They want to move up but the interest in there if they also had a lottery pick. Without one, it's a limited deal to these teams. "

D-rock and saleem like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like sniper Isaiah Joe or 6'9 Mamdi Diakite if either drops out of the 2nd.

Fingers crossed.

That's all Tilly can afford right now. Prayers.

Vivi likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tilman making draft picks will also be interesting now that i think about it :D:eek:

D-rock likes this.