1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think by tomorrow we will have 70 millions votes cast, Could hit 80 or even 90 million by Nov 3. This is pretty amazing.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

About 312,000 more registered Republicans have voted in person in Florida than registered Democrats since early voting began a week ago. But Democrats lead by more than 615,000 votes in mail-in voting, according to the U.S. Elections Project, giving Democrats a 41.8% to 37.1% overall advantage.

This is concerning considering the BS of matching signatures and throwing out votes. Hell I was just listening on NPR this morning how Texas is not obligated to let voters know if their mail-in vote has an issue.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Since the beginning of the fall campaign on Labor Day, Trump has cut $24 million from his national ad budget, while former Vice President Joe Biden has added $197 million. Biden has outspent Trump three-to-one over that time.

Trump is now placing his final bet on just four battleground states: Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Polls show he’s down in all those states but Ohio, where it’s effectively even.

The president still has $350,275 budgeted to spend on ads in Florida through Election Day, but has canceled $5.5 million in the final two weeks of the campaign, according to data compiled from ad-tracking firm Advertising Analytics.

That's some Irony that the guy whose entire self worth has been based on how rich he is now the broke b****.

And it's because everybody has grifted him.

If this was in a movie you would not believe it.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Another day of slaughter for the Trump campaign. North Carolina is looking like a done deal with the massive influx of Independent voters that flooding the market right now. As of right now North Carolina is looking like:

Democrats 1,356,450
    Republicans 1,041,160
    Independents 1,082,483

[​IMG]

The Sanders Campaign helped sign up over 2 million young voters since 2016 which is the highest ratio of anywhere in the eastern coast

https://www.ncdemography.org/2020/09/08/who-are-north-carolinas-unaffiliated-voters-2020-update/

Whats more remarkable is

Trump is toast in North Carolina. Can a Trump supporter please tell me his pathway to 270? Michigan is gone, WI is gone, NC is gone. Biden at this point can lose Florida/Arizona/PA and still be President.

Whats Trump's pathway to 270??? There's no plausible scenario

Rileydog, Hakeemtheking and SamFisher like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Did you see the polls last election? Although I don't understand margin of error, nor climate change, nor viruses. But I have an opinion on ALL OF IT.

RayRay10, Ottomaton and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I read somewhere yesterday (wish I had bookmarked the link) that Texas is rated the most difficult state in the country to vote. Think about that. Every other developed country in the world that isn't an oligarchy works to make voting easier. It is obscene. What makes it even worse is that a partisan Supreme Court, now even more partisan than it was two days ago, almost always rules in favor of state laws restricting the right to vote. In the "world's leading democracy," as we like to call ourselves, there are restrictions on voting that would be unthinkable in the European democracies.

In Texas? The State Supreme Court is elected statewide to 6 year terms with no term limit. Most Texas voters pay little attention to it. That's why they are all Republicans who have ruled in favor of every voter suppression effort by Abbott and the state Republican Party. The only time they didn't was recently to support Abbott's extension for early voting, which was attacked in court by the state GOP. That's it, and they only voted that way because Abbott wanted them to.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and ElPigto like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Whos talking about polls? These are votes that have been casted not polls. Keep trying troll...

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I've urged everybody I know to vote democrat in all the Texas Supreme Court. There are 4 positions up for re-election and we need to establish some balance in this state. Republicans have gotten away with **** for way too long.

Also, they may not have a term limit, but they do have an age limit. You can't serve on the court once you are 75. One of the justices (republican incumbent) is 71 and will have to be replaced when he turns 75 (governor gets to choose replacement).

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That seems to be a lot of independents.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sarcasm dude.

RayRay10 and R0ckets03 like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

uhhh you sound like your'e angry. here is the information for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_poll

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  14. biina

biina Member

SCOTUS!!!

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

No my friend I'm actually delighted. Why would I be angry when our current president is doomed to defeat? Ive debated with several republican pollsters and nobody has a valid argument how Trump will get to 270 today. Everyone is claiming this "red wave"

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol. Don’t mind me just screwing around. People are on edge my friend.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord. Someone else who knows about Texas state government! Kudos. Seriously. It's shocking how little most Texans know about how their own state is ruled. My significant other, retired now, worked for the legislature for over 30 years, most of the time as an executive. We moved to Austin in 1980 from Houston and a couple of years later she started working for an important legislative commission. I've been absorbing this stuff for what seems like forever. She would come home and rant for an hour.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

On Reddit a guy said they had a piece on NPR today about the effectiveness of political ads, the third hand boiled down version is 'not much', mostly just reinforcing the ideas people already have

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/922424987/political-ad-nauseam

that's it, I haven't listen to it yet.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haven't you heard, justice is blind! :rolleyes:

The Texas Supreme Court might as well be an extension of the Republican party now. Shameful. Too bad you guys down in Texas can't pack it up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I had a Mexican American Studies professor at UT that was a lobbyist. I wish I would of taken his offer to do an internship at the capitol during a legislative session. I was an engineering major and didn't think it would be of any use to me. I do my best to follow local and state politics now-a-days.

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.