1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

abbott orders troops to Texas cities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

any hate group should be excised.

no sympathy or time for that in this life

DVauthrin and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Who gets to define a hate group?

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Merriam Webster

hate crime

noun
    1. a crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds.
      "legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes"

DVauthrin likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Simple question have they ever called out the N G before for something like this?

What precedent in Texas says the NG is needed why can't the police forces handle this?

This is not normal and not a kneejerk.

You are kinda getting fatiguing trying to tell everyone what they should and should not be worried about.

And I mean that with all respect.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And we got another one.

@IBTL

IBTL likes this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

hate groups seem to be pretty good at defining it and shouting it. a person comes out belligerent and on hate its pretty easy to know whats what cmon dont patronize the argument say what you need to say here (ahem)

MOST people just want to live in peace and normal existence free of hate groups and their involuntary celibacy. there is so much hate lost in that.

as i say the world has no time for that...it is too nice and good to let hate turds project their plight on the world.

are you concerned about hate groups rights lol?

7. jcee15

I’m asking you.... Who gets to decide what is categorically a ‘hate group’?

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

lol yeah smh this one is pretty overt though..so not much to really say tbh

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah it's still pretty bizarre how they are all coming out of the woodwork.

And then to try and make some kinda point.

IBTL likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

National Guard was called out over the summer in response to BLM protests after George Floyd's death. Abbott got very hot about the prospects of Texas' monuments to our past sins being vandalized. Past elections aren't the precedent to look at, but the very recent history where Abbott has demonstrated he wants to stifle protests. I don't agree with how he wants to handle this, but not everything is about voter suppression.

As for who gets to tell what to who: kneejerk fellow liberals make ME look bad by association by seeing a conspiracy around every corner. You do what you want, but I need to say something so my silence doesn't look like agreement.

Invisible Fan and Astrodome like this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah the real irony is their posts are a ringing endorsement for biden

this guy here has some good overt posts and I assume is an alt account as are many...the thing i like about this troll persona is he shoots straight.

hes a white supremacist, trump voter , and he wants his hate group rights. i dont agree but at least we are past the bs like these other faux concern faux attempt at good faith.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok what does that have to do with voting?

Did we have widespread rioting and statue tearing down.

Especially in a state that nobody actually thinks is going to go democrat.

I have no idea how what anybody on this site can make you look bad and I have never associated you with them, but for some reason people need to watch what they say to not make you look bad?

Who am I to judge, you be you.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That’s the function of local police. If it get out of control, send the guard in.

In TX, it has not gotten to a point where the guard are needed, except for a brief deployment to San Antonio (which were not needed and thus was sent back early). Official there said there were no discussion on sending the guard in for pre or post election and they think it’s not needed.

There has been record breaking in person early voting with almost zero problem. By the time of Election Day, there might not be that many voters left. We have no violence ongoing now.

Chance of violence after election in TX is probably very very low. If they are concern about protest that turn violence - they probably will get a good head up on that based on public and loud behaviors from an orange looking guy.

I see no good reasons for it at this time.

DVauthrin and IBTL like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

thats republicans..
    sending troops isnt a conspiracy cmon

16. Dubious

It's just election PR, doesn't mean anything , wont effect anything...just a Governor's staff thinking up something to get a headline and look tough. He's just looking for votes.

17. jcee15

According to https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv18st_rev.pdf table 14
    59,778 blacks were the victims of white violence.
    547,948 whites were the victims of black violence.
    With those numbers blacks commit 9x more violence against whites than whites do against blacks. Adjusted for population blacks are 45x times more likely to commit a violent act against a white person than the reverse. Staggering. 45x more likely when adjusted for populations. Preposterous. I’ll get to my point.
    From your link I’d absolutely assume that ‘Christian’(lol)white males were just causing a ****ing ruckus and that it needed to be addressed. But the numbers don’t match the narrative the splc has painted.

So again, who defines/decides what a hate group is?

B-but those violent attacks by blacks against whites aren’t hate crimes. You can’t know all their motives maaaan.
    Did Officer Chauvin indicate that any of his actions were based on Floyd’s race? You can’t assume, but blm and it’s financier’s do and because the officer was white and the victim was black therefore racism.
    I can do the same thing right?

You guys think you have some sorta high ground with your self righteous moral relativism. You don’t and it’s cringe af to read.

Excellent definition. You did the right thing.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What the fack are you spewing about? Where does it say anything that the national guard is being heavily armed at polling stations? Faux outrage at it's finest right here. Grow up and stop making every single thing a party that you don't support does into some kind of atrocity. Both parties do stupid **** all of the time. The fact that you have so much hate for the other party is pretty disturbing just from a democracy perspective.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

certainly many are ..

it is clear no time for hate groups. you talk morality then want to paint an entire race as a hate group?

not all violence is hate crime. if you are beating people up and saying heil hilter then yeah thats different than some black dude punching an old white lady for her purse

all hate crime should be jailed and damned if in name of hate group. not sure why that is so hard to understand..

are you defending hate groups or want more hate crime charges?

just spit it out tell us how you think hate groups should be defined? you are whining of behalf of chauvin

i want to hear more about this self righteous moral relativism ( say that 10 times fast)

i want to hear you argue how its ok to argue for hate groups and argue moral relativism. attack the person and normalize hate? yeah lets do it!!

always fun to see someone buckle under the shackles of integrity and morality.

no morality here bud lay it out..let the hate flow
    cmon

20. Dubious

Hey, did you know there are more white people in America than black? Yep about 2.5 % to 53%
    Now go back and do the per capita on your big reveal.

DVauthrin and jiggyfly like this.