1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

BREAKING: John Lucas has been offered the Houston Rockets head coaching role by James Harden.

#41 topfive, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I need a dislike button for this one.

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Oh god, no. This is JB Bickerstaff 2.0.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Worse

Bo6, Caesar, JoeyTexas254 and 2 others like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no it's not. Bickerstaff was filling in for McHale. This is much much much worse. If he's the next head coach I do believe i'll never have expectations for this team to make the right moves as long as Stone is GM and Tilman is here.

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I hope Uncle Drew gives everybody two baggies before the game and Westbrook goes 800mph down the court.

[​IMG]

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You're right. I meant it would be as if we extended JBB after that amazing half season. You'd have to be Cavs level dumb to do something like that.

raining threes likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At least Bickerstaff is young. This is like hiring JBB but he was nearly 70. This hire would be the worst in sports history.

Houston is the home of the geezers. Lucas for the Rockets, Romeo for the Texans and Dusty for the Astros.

[​IMG]

10. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You mean as long as harden is here.

He can make his super max
    Make personnel decisions
    Win his scoring titles

But when it really counts and matters he can give two f&@?!

And it’s Morey fault to a degree for letting Harden be this entitled.

I get it you want to cater to your star players but then when the games really matter you need them to produce and Harden hasn’t...came close but hasn’t and it’s not all his fault but when your the star player you get the blame.

raining threes and Jturbofuel like this.
  12. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

[​IMG]

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, Im getting really tired of all of this.

15. riko

riko Member

It’s Lucas

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Look stop comparing this guy to JB Bickerstaff. I don't see it being that bad. Bickerstaff's mentor is probably one of the dumbest people to ever work an NBA front office or sidelines. I have no idea how Mchale ever got hired! He was terrible in Minnesota as a GM and as a coach. He just knew how to pick talented big men. That is all. Bickerstaff was Mchale's disciple and that was a disaster waiting to happen. We have no idea what Lucas brings to the table. With d'Antoni we knew. With JVG we know because we've went that route before. With Lucas much like Rudy T back then and Steve Kerr did to the Warriors or even Nick Nurse in Toronto who the heck knows. The video coordinator in Miami won. At this point we give Harden everything he wants. If Tilman has a pair of balls he spends on everything and anything Harden wants on that Roster. If not fire sale it all for draft picks and Harden can't complain about being sent to a dumpster of a town if it doesn't work out. None of us have any control of what happens. Let's just see what unfolds!

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

**** that.

I would honestly rather trade every player on this roster for the best package possible than hire John Lucas if Harden requires John Lucas to be the head coach.

James Harden is one of my favorite players ever. I went to college with him. I lived in the same dorm hall as him. I wanted him on the Rockets and during my freshman year at Hassayampa, I would tell him that in passing. This is the dumbest ****ing hire and there is no explaining it.

Mediocrity is the enemy of greatness. John Lucas as a coach is the epitome of mediocrity. He'll be fine. We can still lose in the second round with him as coach. it's so unremarkable it almost makes me sick.

this is the most crucial point in the Harden era and will make or break us and we pick his friend to come be the new McHale. Take a ****ing risk don't lean into complacency.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Tilman ruining the team in record time. 2 years ago we were a hamstring away with CP3, Harden and D'Antoni. Now it's yes man GM, injured Westbrook, no center, and John Lucas who hasn't being a head coach in over two decades and wasn't that great to start with.

Oh well, let's hope it all works out!

D-rock, HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Harden wanted CP3 gone
    Harden wants Lucas

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The comment was less about the quality of the coach than the approach behind the move. If you're firing you're coach it's because you realized that what he does no longer works and you want to try something new. Promoting the incumbent coach's assistant does NOT bring anything new. We need to revitalise our offense and get more creative. If he had all these new great ideas he could've made those contributions from his old job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.