1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 10, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Razer is known for quality. Mechanical keyboards are an acquired taste. I would read up on Orange switches to be sure.

https://www.razer.com/razer-mechanical-switches

Silent, but deadly. The Razer™ Orange Mechanical Switch are for those who enjoy a tactile bump and feedback without the audible click. Enjoy the same optimized performance with less actuation force as a Razer™ Green Mechanical Switch, while maintaining a quiet gaming experience.​

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The "Oops we baked to much" is always very exciting.

boomboom likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes, when you hold AMZN. @tinman

tinman and Deckard like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is there a new dealsite?

Slickdeals has become more and more one big honeypot for retailers since fatwallet went down ages ago

likestohypeguy and donkeypunch like this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I got a year of ps+ for like 34 buck 2 weeks ago is it cheaper now. I think that just the regular price there.

picked up a fire stick 4K 2nd gen for 30 reg 50. Seems like I buy one every year.

I’m waiting for Black Friday to see what kind of hdd sdd is out there after I get my ps5.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

its 30 bucks for a year on cdkeys. i picked up 2 codes, so 60 for 2 yrs. they stack. you'll have to enter 2 different codes on the PS but they do stack

edit: i'm doing the same for an external SSD black friday should have some deals. find anything good be sure to post, i'll do the same

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Does Amazon have good deals on TVs during black Friday or cyber Monday? I never really paid attention and prime day didn't have anything that made me want to click add to cart. Though I wasn't looking for TVs... I have some gift cards I want to use.

My TV was fine a couple of days ago but now thanks to the TV battle in the Next Gen Gaming thread it is sucking.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Costco has a good deal on the 65" Sony X90CH which is "PS5 ready" IIRC. It's $970 right now. They had the 75" for ~$1500 a few days ago which was an amazing deal; it's now up to $2k again.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've read most of the tv sales are going to be lukewarm this year, but there are sales on tv's all throughout the year. Also, a lot of the tv's you see on sale during Prime Day and some during Black Friday are models from a year or two ago. If you just want a tv, it's great, though. TV's are on sale throughout the year, so it's not like you won't have another chance.

Blatz likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Costco is always having amazing deals on TV's. I wish I needed one. :-(

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you want a GREAT TV, not the neutered and manufactured-for-sales TVs, the kind that do not normally go on sale, there's a little-known website called Greentoe.

Sajan, tinman, Blake and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I know about Greentoe from living on SlickDeals for years, but I try to stay away from deal sites unless I really need something. You end up getting "deals" on crap you have no real need for or give you some small incremental gain over what you already have. Yes, I've turned into that guy. I remember there was a site called uBid in the late 90's I used to bid on stuff like a lunatic. I got a 48 port switch that retailed for something like $700 for under $100, I think (don't remember exactly) and a $3000+ laptop for $1200 (?). Then I realized I was bidding on crap I didn't need. lol. I did end up selling the switch for a nice profit and actually ended up using the laptop.

Although, I've been thinking about a new bigger tv for the family room so I can move the existing one into the bedroom for about about 3 or 4 years now... hmm... :D

likestohypeguy and tinman like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Copy/pasta from SD...

Costco will have the 77" LG CX OLED TV plus 3 year AllState/Square Trade warranty for $3,449.99 starting on 10/28/20. The 65" CX OLED will be $1,849.99 with the same additional warranty.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers sharing knowledge with other 99ers

this is how humanity advances

Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

black friday and superbowl are the best times to get a new tv.

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Well...looking for some cheap home security cams. Prime Day definitely has plenny of 'em.

Anybody participating?

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Any recommendations?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just bought a security camera bundle from blink.