1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, but we were at least within a shout. Now its a blowout. I'm just saying, the offense is trash with him off the court. Clearly there are bigger issues here than Westbrook.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am as well...other teams have no problems scoring in the playoffs playing regular ball

we go heavy analytics and extreme Moreyball, and every year, our offense in the playoffs is buns

u need midrange...u need a post up option...u need PnR...u need some plays run...u need versatility

teams figure out how they want to defend us, and then it’s a wrap because we will continue doing the same thing...the definition of insanity

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Totally agree and the GM needs to go to should be gone no latter than Monday

ashleyem likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Hey man what did Keith Jones do?

5. HookemHorns1250

I'm on board with a new system. Let me be clear, it has nothing to do with me thinking that small ball -can't- work, but if you're going to put players out there that can't shoot threes...then there's no point in just shooting 3's. If you're going to have this kind of roster, then you have to have a big man, you have to let Harden shoot mid ranges, along with WB, etc.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

Harden going to foul out early in the 4th so he doesn't have to deal with this trash. Head out of the mother****er bubble. And hit up the titty bar. Book it!

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They play better overall bball.

The movement from ball handler to Davis one touch pass to Caruso for 3.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The Rockets can't beat the Warriors with a similar style, and then the next year, they can't beat the Lakers with their own style. Morey is a career loser. lol

9. NickKent

NickKent Member

They've flat out quit

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Lose if you're going to lose. Lose Bad. But don't roll over and quit.

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Eh...maybe. Still feels like year after year we are consistently dominated by other teams benches.

BasketMAD likes this.
  12. SORF

SORF Member

Harden is our only player playing like he wants to win...if ANY ONE COMPLAINS THIS IS HARDEN FAULT, THEY CAN STICK THEIR FOOT UP THEIR BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

13. major_major

major_major Member

Not crafting a gameplan on the ridiculous assumption that they can shoot.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They can pick up their checks and go home. Tucker and certain players do deserve respect but the so called superstar leaders don't.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and coach better

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can't blame Harden tonight. Everyone else **** the bed

17. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

"We don't adjust, we make other teams adjust to us"

Well, when the other team does adjust to us, how do we respond?

There is a certain level of arrogance and confidence in the front office's approach that has to change. The whole organizational culture feels like it rides on some sort of advantage that the Rockets seem to have, whether it's shooting a lot of 3s or playing small. And when that perceived advantage/invincibility shows even the slightest crack, the whole things start to fall apart.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I hate to say we gave up, Been watching the crew since 86. But I have not seen the rockets since game two in this series. We are literally.......barely......here anymore than Danuel is.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion......but I do not see Rudy T and Dream in that locker room.

19. bcast89

bcast89 Member

No doubt man. Every team left has shown some fight and we look like we’ve packed it in. Why even show up today to get embarrassed like this in a CLOSE OUT game.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He's been ****ing around forever. I know injuries are sometime luck of the draw, but we need a complete overhaul.