1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

https://www.cdc.gov/

malakas and BigM like this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/number-of-deaths-by-age-group?year=latest&country=~USA

About 2.59 million people died in 2017 that were older than 50 years old.
    This happens to a lot of people who fixate on numbers. They miss the obvious.

It’s like rockets and the 3s...sure numbers say one thing but..ahh nvm. I don’t have the energy.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's the first thing I thought of when I saw that number. No way 19,000,000 million people die annually in the USA, much less those over 55.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

perhaps...

Wish we could talk in person sometime Bob. I think we would actually agree a lot. However, I disagree with basically all of the negativity for basically all of the reasons I've laid out before.

@KingCheetah made sure to have snide remarks of negativity without consideration of other options or avenues. I know it's cool to be dismissive with no solutions, but I've found other avenues for covid that seem to have been backed by "science" yet ignored by people who only want a certain reality to be true. I've been careful about how I've made my points but it doesn't really matter because people with certain perspectives only push want they want to see. What can I do about that? Nothing much other than to create arguments and discussions that use science to show other avenues that aren't just fear and shutting life down until a reliable vaccine happens to show up.

I can keep going, but you get my point. I'll just live my life and push things to people that might be a little more receptive. Even if I'm wrong with all this then everything I've pushed is already an issue that needs to be addressed.

#9686 robbie380, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  7. Buck Turgidson

Oh cry me a river, poor you, so misunderstood, but if only we'd listen.

After months of reading your stuff...you don't sound all that different from the 9/11 truthers, to be honest, taken in totality.

FrontRunner and Jimmy Chase like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Ziggy likes this.
  9. shorerider

shorerider Member

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

You pushed for herd immunity at 20% infection despite there being re-infections. Then argued that tests can produce false-positives as well as false-negatives as a reason why people show as re-infected when they actually have herd immunity. That opening up would be a good thing and wouldn't result in the hundreds of thousands of deaths we have so far and are projected to exceed by another 200,000 as early as January. Is this your idea of science backing your assertions that things are going about as well as can be? Really? I know you can live with this, but the dead sure weren't able to.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

We went there often. To any who recall, Cindy Garza was a gorgeous reporter for Channel 2 back then. I mustered my confidence and went up to her, and I was shut down in 20-30 seconds.

That's ok, though. Nothing ever wrong with trying.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

You do realize that Coronavirus is just like the flu. Unless a miracle happens there will never be an actual cure.

We've been through it. Time to move on. Unlike the 1918 Flu, which was 3 times this bad, we don't also have to deal with two world wars, great depression...

13. Major

Major Member

They aren't anomolies. They are examples of you not knowing how to process basic information. Here's another example of you railing about Harris County numbers - more numbers that you did not remotely understand:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.ph...ars-cov-2-virus.303386/page-414#post-12985580

You have no idea how to read data, and yet you insist on your dumb interpretations of it. That makes you stupid.

Thinking that 19 million elderly people in the US died in one year does make you incredibly stupid. The fact that you think you did some good math and thus its OK to come to that conclusion makes you even stupider because you don't even understand how stupid that is.

Jimmy Chase, Outlier and TWS1986 like this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's now Local Foods. The Premium Cigar Place next to it was where the actual fun was. Now it's a Soul Cycle.

I miss that whole vibe. But of all the Tear downs in this area, I miss Cafe Adobe's Patio the most; especially during happy hour.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Covid deaths so far is 192,000 (and has declined drastically since April)
    People aged 55 and up in the US is 96,510,000
    92% of 192,000 is 176,640

That means chances someone has died over 55 of this disease is still less than 1 in 2,000.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

You jackass. This is where the data came from you moron.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/images/databriefs/351-400/db355_fig3.png

[​IMG]

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

So if the Toyota Center (18,300 capacity) had all people ages 55 and older. 9 people would randomly die. This isnt concerning to you?

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Really? How many people have you known that got it?

That should be the new thread.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

I literally know two people who have gotten it. Ages are 27 and 32. You fool. The 27 year old currently has it and she is really sick. The 32 year old was bed ridden but recovered thankfully.

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

It's not like the flu, I've had the flu twice and got FDA approved medication (tamiflu) to lessen the symptoms and reduce the duration.

deb4rockets likes this.