1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: I know exactly what we need to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2019.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know who is loving this? CP3

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And Chris Paul wanted just that. He wanted more movement in the offense and Harden wanted to continue doing it his way, so Chris Paul was gone.

fchowd0311 and ak99999 like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

And he's doing everything he can on the offense. Look at the stats of where he sets his teammates and they miss. They regularly miss their open shots from Harden's plays.

And now you're blaming it on Harden for getting Westbrook in. Whatever eases your mind. lol

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And now you resort to this. I have praised Harden entry of times this playoffs especially his increase in his defensive play.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We could b**** about Harden all year dropping 60 on the Knicks and being like the fourth leading scorer on the team in a game 7 against OKC.

6. fchowd0311

No he isn't. He's allowing defenses to double him to remove any offensive scoring responsibility for him. Look at how many times he holds on to the ball waiting for the double. Look how many times he just allows defenses to double by just walking around.

When you have an offense that is by design heliocentric, and the defense removes the center of that heliocentric offense, the other offensive players in that system are like headless chickens because they are just not used to running an offense without the center of the said heliocentric offense handling the ball.

7. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

The guy who shot 28% in the playoff last season?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That’s Harden’s trade dude. As I already said the only Harden stat that matters is 1-3. Done with the excuses.

Harden is the greatest scorer of all time but can’t beat a double team now and again? Michael Jordan laughs. Dream laughs.

9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

No, you haven't. You continually b**** about him even when he has a good game in the playoffs. Heck, you b****ed about him last game. He has 33 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, shot efficiently, whilst getting double-teamed.... and yet, you still b****ed about him not doing enough.

Look at your posting history. Most of your posts are b****ing about how bad Harden is, or about how Harden doesn't do enough. As soon as we lose a game, you're on his neck. It's actually quite sad and pathetic. Honestly, check your post history if you don't believe me.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

... Harden gave his prime years to continue to adapt his game to fit the mold and vision of any system and coach presented to him. Harden played from motion offense, half-court sets, to a PnR game, to an off-ball 2-guard, to what is now one of the 3 top defenders on this roster during the playoffs.

I honestly don't know how you guys keep coming in here to criticize Harden when he's pretty much the best thing that's happened to this franchise since Hakeem.

And the insults you lay on him are just ridiculous.

I keep telling all of you, he's in his 30s, with more mass for his height, and he's got the entire roster's work to do on his very shoulders.

Not only that, again, the plays that he calls on the court are MDA's system. It took seasons of work to put together a repertoire of offensive schemes to run. It's not only on Harden, it's the coach that needs to take the fact that Harden will get doubled and find a way to score outside of his involvement, or manufacture game plans that will free him from the defenders so he can score. I think it's dead obvious that these things are ridiculously hard to do because the rest of the roster is not that great.

You can replace Harden with whatever top-10 player in the league, that team will NOT reach the finals. This is because the coach and the system sucks, and the roster that we put together is continuously subpar.

11. fchowd0311

Ya because ****ing deserved it. I repeatedly said that he carriers the team throughout most of the game but decides to just allow defenses to deny him the ball in the 4th and our most lethal option who this team is so centered around where the other players aren't used to running an offense where he isn't dominating the ball now is absent in our offense in the most crucial moments of a game.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Michael Jordan never got double-teamed at the half-court nowhere as Harden has, buddy. Trust me, I was watching Jordan in that era. He also had an amazing supporting cast. You couldn't double-team Jordan, otherwise his teammates would kill you for it.

jcmoon and s3ts like this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden failed this franchise when he insisted on Westbrook over CP3.

Harden with CP3 and whatever we could have gotten with all the assets we wasted on Westbrook would have been a title favorite.

GotGame15 and TexAg713 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

I doubt the coach can get Harden to do the actions necessary to free himself. He just isn't committed to moving his feet so often in a game. It's as if he has a step counter limit where he can't exceed a certain amount of foot steps in a game. You see it throughout his game even on inbound passes hence why he often gets in those shoving matches on those inbound plays and gets baited to a offensive foul.

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's because he's tired by the 4th quarter. Do you know why that is? He's having to carry his team for 3 whole quarters. He doesn't get a break. That's because his supporting cast isn't good enough each year. Look at the numbers. As soon as Harden sits, our team crumbles in most games.

s3ts likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I just told you everything he adapted his game into for the coach's system.

I mean, holy ****, look at how much criticisms you placed at his door about his defense, and he's become a good defender, and now you're here telling me he needs to do more ****.

And that's just ONE of those things... Again, he had to play with Dwight on PnRs, work with CP3 on half-court offense, and now he's so good they just double him on every possession before the half-court mark.

17. fchowd0311

Because they knew it would be pointless. When you have a superstar guard who mostly walks everywhere, it's easy to do that. They know if they try to do that with Jordan all he'll do since defensive players can't impede the progress of a off ball player is sprint down the court, call for a screen and run some sort of curl actions to get free which can cause defenses to get out of position.

Jordan if he's doubled would also pass out of the double and then run off ball to another spot which doesn't allow the defenses to recover as easily. With Harden when he passes out of a double he just stands there, making it easier for defenses to recover.

18. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Every year we get our hopes up and Strip club Harden leaves up hanging on the pole.

We need to do something we CAN NOT win a championship with this group.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

F&#k CP3. He didn't even get this far this year.

20. fchowd0311

The trend in his adaptation for the past half decade is what ever allows him to move his feet less. That's The trend. From making a post defender and excusing him for perimeter d, to his "stand near half court off a pass from a double and have his team okay 4 on 4 offense" shtick.

It seems like all these adaptations are just meant to allow Harden to move less and be more lazy.