1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

The problem I see is that BLM is being used as a Trojan horse to push agendas from competing ideologies that are not truly democratic. Lumping every white on black police shooting as evidence of systemic racism in our police departments is helping that horse move closer to its goal of instability and division. Each case should be dealt with separately. Doing so is dangerous especially without clear solutions on the table for what is a noble cause for many. What is being discussed in the NBA meetings includes perceived inequality by the players and owners and this is spilling over into national politics from outside pressure. Simply put you should not mix sports with political agendas it is a recipe for disaster. Right now the only benefit I see in all this is Westbrook gets to heal (hopefully 100%) and Harden gets to rest after carrying the load (again).

ktex likes this.
  2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

So you think an adult middle aged man racially abusing a black player and throwing a Nazi salute in their face isn’t hateful. Cool.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The Criminal who shot the guy in the head and is now arrested for 1st degree murder?

Yeah you should stop crying for him.

4. omgTHEpotential

That's definitely racist and terrible. I wish we lived in a perfect world where racism just doesn't exist at all. But you know, that's not the case. I was just trying to give you my perspective of where the racism stems from where I live.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

bro Lithuania is like time machine going 20-30 years back from European Union... what is your point? It isn't valid example of Europe average at all. Why aren't you talking about France or Germany for example?

6. omgTHEpotential

Even in Lithuania, that guy who said those things lost his basketball team and went from being one of the most influencial people in the country, to just and ordinary businessman. The backlash was huge within the country.

jiggyfly and bmelo like this.
  7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Oh so Europe isn't racist - except racist bit but that doesnt count. So what about Germany where they have Alternative for Deutschland, a neo-nazi party winning votes in the European Parliament. What about National Front in France. What about the starvation of refugees in Hungary? What about in England, where you are more likely to be stop and searched if you are black?

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes it is

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

I have black friends and they are fine here, they are not going through **** USA Blacks are going through and I can guarantee you that. I got one friend from Canada that started visiting Europe couple of years ago and she was shocked how well people treat her here compared to America to the point she is considering move

problem is you are taking things for a boolean - it either is or it isn't. Racism exists. Racists are everywhere. But it isn't nearly as deep as it is in USA where its systematic problem at this point, not individual dumb/evil people that judge by the color

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So how about criticizing Trump for making things political in sports.

11. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Ask your black friends if they have ever experienced racism

12. omgTHEpotential

Another thing I thought of...

What's difference between Donald Sterling and the racist Lithuanian team owner? The Lithuanian team owner wasn't gifted a 2 billion dollar severance package for being a racist POS. Haha.

bmelo likes this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Each case HAS been dealt with separately for years....decades. The result? Nothing has changed. Police review boards find their own colleagues did nothing wrong. Murders don't even go to trial much less conviction. Killer cops get a slap on the wrist, and keep being cops so they can go on to kill again. We wouldn't be having this conversation if cops faced the same consequences for murder and manslaughter as regular citizens. But that hasn't happened.

jayydela and foggy94 like this.
  14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Why do black people get stopped more by the police in the UK if not for systemic racism.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Of course they did but it's like 5% of what is going on in the USA. Police just shot man 7 times in the back from point blank. **** like that translates to head of police stepping down the same day in Europe and shooter getting life on another day

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I personally have created very meaningful change as a result of this boycott. Before the boycott I didn't know what to do to impact this situation of police brutality, but now that basketball games aren't being played it has all become clear.

17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Do you think every black person is being shot 7 times by police in America? Racism is much, much deeper. Housing policies, an economic system designed to keep those rooted in poverty down, unconcious bias, a lack of representation in government and media. All of these things exist in Europe and the US alike. The reason we don't have police shootings in the UK is police dont carry guns. But they sure as **** do stop black people disproportionately more

18. JD88

JD88 Member

Have they rescheduled?

I'm over elevating child molestors and woman beaters to martydom status.

I'd just like some entertainment.

ktex likes this.
  19. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I support whatever the players want to do, they have the power to make a change. They are doing something to make the world better. That being said, I believe some people should recognize they were wrong and apologize to Daryl Morey for treating him horribly when he made a tweet supporting the freedom of Hong Kong last year.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

There is another side to the story. Black Americans are in their own country. They are there as long as White Americans are. I bet most of the cases in UK that you talk about are immigrants from past couple of years, who don't even speak language and most of the time got there illegally. I won't believe that average middle-income person of any color is getting bad treatment from police in UK more than others based on their color