1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Oh I am sorry, english is not my first language and I dont know the correct acceptable terms.
    There are different incomes then, VASTLY different.

Some Americans can choose to endure some pain, it is up to them and it will be their choice if they want to or not.

But it is ironic if those asking and practically forcing the rest of the players to endure the pain here, are mostly those who don't have to face the pain themselves like Kawhi and Lebron while the poorer ones want to continue playing.
    Because as Haslem said without Lakers and Clippers how the playoffs can continue?

And borrow money? There are players who have multiple chidren and mortgages and have to feed all their extended families.
    How easy it is to say to borrow money and split the bills?

Btw for the title, the players arent boycotting the games.

They are wildcat striking.
    A strike against the contract of their union.

Like May 1968,

I wonder why this term isn't used when it is the correct one.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and Mathloom like this.
  2. gogispade

gogispade Member

QUESTION for people living in USA. Is situation really that crazy there?

3. malakas

malakas Member

who said it is because they are being black?
    They can throw at you cans and coins, fireworks, drown you to smoke and thousands of them loudly chant that your mom is a w**** whatever race you are. As long as you wear an opposing jersey.

That's why it was funny af when europeans were called soft and mentally weak, where they have had to deal with real hooligans overhere.

bmelo likes this.
  4. airflights92

airflights92 Member

These protests have everyone talking. That's a good thing.

RayRay10 and Mathloom like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They can all borrow money. It's easy to borrow in America, and especially in black neighbourhoods there are lots of predatory unregulated lenders. There are no players who should have all those debts. Still, I'm sure many of them do. The credit system is part of the systemic racism.

Also, these are mostly African American players. They will all lend each other money without any problem. It is cultural.

But again, some will suffer of course. They were suffering before (why should an all world talented athlete be suffering? in which profession does being in the top 1,000 in the world leave you broke? It's stupid.

Btw, almost all Americans are in debt, so this is a moot point.

You are saying some bad things will happen if they do this. This was already discussed. That pain is lesser than the pain that is taking place before any changes.

6. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yup!

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

No worries, my bad for not realizing this.

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

You don't think there is racism in Europe? Not when a Lithuanian team president recently said he didn't want more than 2 black players on his team because they would start a 'gang'?. Not when another team in Lithuania racially abused a player during a BCL game last year? What about when Giannis's brother was playing against Belgrade and was called a monkey on live TV by a fan after the game? And have you not been following Italian soccer recently? Romelu Lukaku, Mario Ballotelli, plenty of black stars over there are dealing with monkey noises. That's because they are black. I saw Belarus fans throwing Nazi salutes in a game against England, racially abusing Raheem Sterling, and racism here is no better, several EPL players have suffered racist abust.

Racism is alive and well in Europe, dont doubt that. And as someone who grew up on the terraces in English soccer, where 'hooliganism' was most promenent, let me tell you, racism is the heartbeat of it.

9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Sorry, I think you misunderstood the intention of my post. I wasn't judging or passing comment on what James Harden does or does not do, whether publicly or behind the scenes.

I was calling out the bad faith actors who are pretending they would be totally cool with the social justice statements of LeBron if he happened to be 'perfect' in every single way, speaking up about every possible injustice in the world before getting to police brutality in America. You don't need to 'prove your credentials' by speaking out about China before you are able to make a change in America.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't know what you are talking about can you elaborate? I have never in my life saw someone mock black person like this, especially on the basketball court

11. omgTHEpotential

As a Lithuanian, I can confirm that racism definitely exists in Europe, and more prevalent in Eastern Europe. However, I think it's stemming from a different place. I think racism here is mostly stemming from ignorance, as opposed to pure hatred like it is in the USA (from what I gather).

jiggyfly and bmelo like this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Racism is everywhere to some degree but nobody is shooting at anybody for their color. Matter of fact you can get hell of a ticket/court allegations from police for acting racist, try calling somebody N word in London/Berlin and see what happens and who police will believe. You are talking about hooligans and those are extremists. Sane/majority of people don't act like that

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah it is just fear/xenophobia not hatred for color. Like you live in Lithuania - how many blacks can you meet in Wilna? 1? 2? It doesn't function like that in post-colonialism countries where whites are often minority on the streets. I literally was in Paris last year and there is more Black/Arab people than anyone else

14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Bullshit. In Serie A Cagliari fans made racist monkey chants at Moise Kean. He scored and celebrated in their faces. Do those fans suffer any consequences? No. Instead, Moise Kean was thrown under the bus by his white coach and white captain by saying he shouldn’t have reacted and the blame was “50-50”. After months of pressure Serie A launched a weak ‘anti racism’ campaign that used LITERAL PICTURES OF MONKEYS in its poster. I’ve seen football fans throw up Nazi salutes, chant homophobic, Islamaphobic and racist **** regularly.

15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If you chant monkey noises at a black player and throw a Nazi salute that’s hatred, not ignorance. And I can’t believe anyone would whitewash that to say otherwise.

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

those still are hooligans it just happens they run football shitshow on stadiums in Italy. And most of the time they do it because you play for against team

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah but they do it against everyone... Asian, Black, Jew, Arab. They even can punch their own players(white). Extremist football hooligans are not 'average' lol and we are talking basketball not football here.

18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK THIS ISNT HARD

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

We’re talking racism exists in Europe. Do you think the Lithuanian team president who said he didn’t want more than 2 black players in his team was hateful or ignorant?

20. omgTHEpotential

I've seen some little kids draw swastikas on the side of a school desk, but they had no clue what it even meant. Is that also hate? I think that's ignorance. Only a truly hateful and evil person would shoot someone for the color of their skin. And I'm glad it's not going on here.