1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

John Lucas is more eloquent than I realized.

Verbal Christ and RayRay10 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dat Bianna doe.

RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Firstly, you were specifically talking about killings "in this movement", and now you moved the goal posts to discussing who commits the most overall gun crime?

Secondly, and more importantly, the reason so many blacks are killing blacks is because of historic systemic racism that has segregated them into all the poorest, highest crime areas of our country, with terrible education, and little to no hope of economic mobility. It's not like black people are naturally inclined to kill each other, and your implication otherwise is an example of the unconscious bias and racism that is so prevalent to this day in America.

If you're willing to use a couple minutes of your time for something useful, I highly recommend the following:

#823 SuperMarioBro, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Verbal Christ and RayRay10 like this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Also to build on this @Rocketsfan3422 , these players' voices don't mean nearly as much in China talking about HK as they mean in America talking about racism and police brutality here at home. The majority of these players understand what it's like to be a black man growing up in the US (and those who don't are at least close to those who do)... But none of them understand what it's like to be an oppressed HK or Chinese resident. There is no way their opinions on that matter would be taken nearly as seriously, even if they all had one.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course.

African Americans are facing systematic racism...and being gunned down in some cases.

HK citizens are at least safe in their environment staying away from protests.

The emphasis is on being safe in your daily life.

One is involuntary and one is voluntary.

(Protests are special circumstances and not safe.)

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're saying or what it has to do with the point I was making.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was rhetorical. 2 pair of shoes.

I think what's happening on US soil is much more serious and different.

That's all.

Correct me if I am wrong, you just saying NBA players wouldn't be taken seriously if they had Free HK on the back of their shirts because they dun live it every day.

SuperMarioBro and RayRay10 like this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Corret. In the particular post you're quoting, I was saying that's one of several reasons that it doesn't make nearly as much sense for the players to protest (especially to the extent of boycotting/striking) for HK as it does for BLM.

It sounds like you agree with me? I was just having trouble putting together that post at first, heh.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. mms

mms Member

Victimhood mentality will never get black folks out of trouble. You can always find something to blame, the system, whites, asian, latinos....When will you take a honest look at yourself?

There are lots of people, whites, asian, latinos, living in the worst environment in America, why blacks kill or killed the most?

Here are two quotes from two people I respect. Of coz, they are conservatives.

"Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, 'social justice."

“Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.”