1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

2. fattz

fattz Member

He fills a stat sheet when given playing time.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I watch these hot takes shows
    I know they are entertainment shows
    @Os Trigonum
    I don’t ever get triggered by their paid opinions

however I only have issues if they lie like Shannon Sharpe said Drexler never won a title
    Or that Max said Jordan never played in 95

when people lie or forget to mention facts that makes the dumb audience even dumber

remember the spurs won a bunch of titles and the media kept making it about LeBron . They want to sell shoes . Nobody wears Ginobli shoes

D-rock likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

They were playing Philadelphia’s second and third team
    Which played much better as a unit than ours

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I am 100% concerned about our lack of size.
    Philadelphia exploited that and we were out rebounded severely.
    I like PJ Tucker as our undersized power forward not as our center.
    Embiid with a messed up hand had no issues with our defense he could shoot over all of them

Rudy T is a better coach than D’Antoni

Cstyle42 likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pretty sure Pippen is bitter but he's coming from a franchise that won 6 to a franchise that won 2 straight... at the time both were championship minded but the pressure to win at one place was obviously more than the other. Tillman is the owner so that whole sentiment will change really quick if we don't take care of business against OKC. Dantoni better be focused on what works and how to get the best of each player with his team philosophy in effort to attack OKC's glaring weaknesses. Melo sure is looking decent in Portland.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Oh ok.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude I got hell from Clutchfans saying Joe Chee
    Sucked because I went to summer league and saw him play . He was not Bol Bol.
    Finally after Joe Chee got dropped for showing no progress I don’t hear this you don’t like Joe cause he is from China . But I love Yao.
    It’s a constant theme from Lesser fans that the truth is wrong and blind faith is right.
    There’s plenty of Brunos in Rockets history. Chris Clemons. Third string and G league players are exactly that.

fattz likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That 2018 Rockets team was the bomb. One of the best, regularly giving a 20 beat down on teams, 65 regular seasons wins.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's Harden time, everything else can wait.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

See this is what I mean, you’re so out of touch you just used the word projection. You’ve been mentioning me and quoting my posts for the latter part of a year. I don’t know who you are, it just seems you’re someone that can’t contribute to this site nor to a legitimate basketball discussion. Grow up.

typical leech. No wonder you come across as such a. Try hard

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...xperts-predictions-every-opening-round-series

Houston Rockets (4) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (5)
    Jerry Bembry: Thunder in 6
    Nick DePaula: Thunder in 6
    Nick Friedell: Rockets in 6
    Andrew Han: Rockets in 7
    Andrew Lopez: Rockets in 7
    Tim MacMahon: Thunder in 7
    Bobby Marks: Thunder in 6
    Dave McMenamin: Rockets in 6
    Kevin Pelton: Rockets in 6
    Jorge Sedano: Rockets in 6
    Ramona Shelburne: Rockets in 6
    Andre' Snellings: Rockets in 6
    Marc Spears: Thunder in 7
    Eric Woodyard: Rockets in 6
    Royce Young: Thunder in 7
    Ohm Youngmisuk: Rockets in 7
    Final tally: Rockets (10), Thunder (6)

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Your negativity on CF is legendary.

All you do is b**** and whine.

You bring zero value to the board and you certainly do not have the wherewithal to discuss basketball with any discernible insight.

I consider your disdain for me a badge of honor.

And I guarantee you would not speak to me as you do if we were face to face.

HP3 likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

When he got playing time for the Griz he looked okayish. It’s not him personally but it’s size length that we so desperately need. Our front court is not hitting 3’s that well collectively. He is a monster one on one defender & size alone would help.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

the odds of him playing significant minutes are beyond low.

keep in mind who our coach is.

I understand we have delusional fans who think the Rockets should win 82 games each year and we never lost a game that was our fault, but those fans are the loudest ones here.

My two cents is that what we saw is what we saw. Bruno shows up with there's a 20 point blow out.

16. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t really expect to see him. The frustrating part is I truly think with out Westbrook we need to modify our game plan. A rim running lob threat for Harden to find easy scoring with is our answer. He is just sitting there waiting for his number to be called. We both know it won’t happen but it should, IMO.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Run it back.

They all ran away instead.

J.R. likes this.
  18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Everything I said was the case as I commented specifically on your back and forth with D-Rock... I didn't go look at every single post you made in this thread... Who does that? That's why I asked you the question who you had and in how many games.

We have problems, but it doesn't seem like they're built to make us pay for most of them... Our biggest defensive weakness is transition D, but OKC is the second worst transition offensive team in the league... OKC is 29th in transition O vs Rockets 24th transition D.... Our halfcourt defense is actually elite and we force a shitload of turnovers... They don't.

What have this iteration of the Thunder proven to you... to hold this belief? Is it more than what Harden and some of his supporting cast has shown in the offs? No right.. What have the young guys on OKC done to make you this confident in their postseason play? This is another reason why I think even if Russ misses multiple games I like our chances to win in 6... That and we have a pretty good group of guard/wing defenders to throw at their guys... PJ does this every year late in the season with the 3 ball and then balls in the offs from the corner.... Harden is gonna get his you know this.... They run a lot of PnR and we're gonna stall a lot of those plays... CP won't get to go one on one against a big on switches and instead he's gonna see Covington more than he'd like... They're gonna have to adjust to us more than we to them.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Improve your reading comprehension... There's no work to be done, I asked a question that had a simple answer.

20. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Not to mention the chemistry, too. Haven't seen that kind of bonding all the way down the bench since that year, to be honest.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.