1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I'm not just talking about just yesterday... Yesterday was bad on the no calls front and the ridiculous out of the blue travel call which I predicted would be a factor in the outcome and it was, but game 3 was close to 2018 G7 WCF levels bad.

Dort has done a good job staying in front of drives, but has definitely gotten away with fouls too... Look at the fouls Harden has been whistled for LOL

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Game 3 was no where near the level of game 7. Were you still on about the travel call when the rockets were up 15 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd. I was damn sure upset what happened after that when things just went downhill when the rockets were treating it like okc would just lay down. Oh we’ve seen this movie before

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

It was close if you actually rewatch the game and ignore the opponent and ignore the fact we're up 2-0 and it's game 3.... If you just look at the no calls and fouls called on us... It was terrible

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t need to rewatch the game. I watch every single one of them in its entirety. Purely pathetic performance on the rockets part from the end of the 3rd on. 0 execution. 0 discipline. 0 adjustments

Zoplicone likes this.
  5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

And if the game was officiated fairly we'd have won the game by double digits... That says a lot.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

There’s always going to be missed calls and I’m not into counting how many go our way and how many don’t. I do believe we have been ripped off big time in the past against the Warriors, but yeah the complaining about these games really takes away from what you just said. I truly never believed we were a championship caliber team, was tricked into starting to believe after the first two games of the series, but was reminded where we really stand and that’s in the middle of the pack. There aren’t enough crooked refs in the world that would have been able to lose us that lead if we truly were championship contenders. OKC is solid, I picked them to win this series, but we weren’t facing an onslaught of Curry and Klay threes here. We lost this game plain and simple. It was pathetic.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not exactly. People use the refs as a weak excuse for the rockets. It’s lame and doesn’t address the real problems the rockets have that we see over and over and over.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I was one that clearly hated that game 7. It was just obvious. Still pisses me off to this day but rockets fans hold on to the ref angle way too much. Especially when the rockets problems that has been evident all year has yet to be corrected. People use the refs as a gimmick excuse when it’s convenient. Nah that’s not how it works. How many times are we going to say a large double digit lead erased in the matter of minutes. How many times are we going to see dumb decisions at the end of games. How many times are we going to see 0 adjustments when shots aren’t falling. How many times are we going to see the same defense being played without any adjustments

Zoplicone likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

RoCo and/or PJ should have been the ones taking the bulk of 3's in the 4th.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Annnnnnnd here we are. Game 7 it is