1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 12/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Harden played for Arizona State.....a semi state hero.

Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is also called aging, and athletes grow them a lot faster than non athletes......they also have the faster lifestyle.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Lately I have seen a lot more cuts by House, McLemore, Westbrook and even Tucker and Harden. Capela is making some nice passes from top of the key too. Hope we keep that up. Harden unreal again!

hakeem94, Tfor3, Houstunna and 4 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hakeem94, D-rock and Drogba like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drogba likes this.
  6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

its so nice to scroll through a thread and read all the positivity......tired of having to scroll through all the haters...like we really want to read all that ****.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

wish they could play w/ more discipline which allows opponents less points, coz each regular-season game help a bit in forging a champion caliber team.

Houstunna and saleem like this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They lock down when they need to.

They did last night when Harden started hitting dagger after dagger.

DeBeards, Drogba, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True Story

After the game I was driving by a dark entrance of the arena and nobody was around. I was hoping to see our team come out, and then I saw some players standing by the curb talking. There was Harden and Tucker. I got out of my car and walked up to them telling them how much I loved watching them play. They were so nice and friendly. I gave Tucker a big hug, and it he was so nice, just as I thought he would be. Then I woke up.

hakeem94, heypartner, JumpMan and 3 others like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The look on that little boy's face when Russ handed him his pair of shoes was just priceless. I loved it.

#610 deb4rockets, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Houstunna and Tfor3 like this.
  11. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I was at the game and Harden and Westbrook took all the air out of the crowd early. They cheered for tshirts and a couple of Oubre dunks, but then they just started oohing and aahing at Harden. The crowd literally let out a disappointed gasps when Harden missed his last 3. They wanted to see him get 50. The rockets were completely lounging on d in th first half and just turned it on when it was winning time.

Deuce, hakeem94, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Suns sound bamboozled guarding James and Russ.

RocketsTerps, jcf, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Bamboozled

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Who were they missing?

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Rubio

Houstunna likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Also Ayton

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well I missed the game last night but I’m sure EJ was as salty as ever having to sit there and watch James ISO and bomb threes all night.....glad to see it went so well against a lower team

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice to know that I’m highly competitive with NBA players! That I can out fox even a great player like James Harden, or to put it better, out age a superstar. As for lifestyle? I was pretty fast myself, back in the day, but without the financial wherewithal James obviously has. However, a dollar went a long way in the late ‘60’s. I wouldn’t trade my lifestyle then with his today, but I’d love to have even a tiny fraction of his physical fitness. ;-)

19. rockets13champs

He’s not good lol

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Solid win, it's great to see Westbrook play like this- going forward it was absolutely the right move to swap out Paul for him. The defense is still a huge issue though. Last night they were completely lost on when to switch and went not to. It was a total guessing game. The Suns got a ridiculous amount of mismatches in the first half especially that they were able to easily exploit, usually for points at the rim.

I know they ditched the switch everything scheme which I support with this roster, but they have to be smarter on when they choose to switch. They're already at a size disadvantage as is, if they're constantly allowing the opponent to have mismatches in the post it's just going to make things that much worse. Hopefully they can acquire a PF or big wing and also be smarter with their switches- just relying on their offense to outscore teams isn't going to cut it come playoff time.